Varooma tried to take my car this morning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i purchased my car back in november 2013. i did the relivant checks on the car. hpi text check out, paid extra for outstanding finance.

when this morning i was woken at 7.30 to be told that my car has been clamped and the office opens at 8m for me to make payment.

i thought i was still in a sate of sleep as i had no clue what he was rambling on about.

he said yer green light credit. you got a loan agaisnt you car.

i told him in no uncertain terms where to go and he was having none of it.

dressed like he was about to take his next tour of iraq. stab proof vest the lot.

i made my way round to the garages to where my car was parked in front of my garage.

car was clamped and tow truck was there.

he was asking me for my keys the whole time. trying to itimdate me. maybe he has some affect on other people when he prays on the unexpected or vulnerable, im 6ft7 and the best part of 18 stone. he seemed to back off very quickly once i started to get the ump a bit

anyway i jumped in my car, locked the doors. phoned 101 and asked if i could be removed by the police or was breaching the peace or commiting some crime, they told me its nothing to do with them. they will only come out if a breach of the peace was to take place. as its a civil matter.

so i then found out by making a few calls he was working for a company called varooma. and a log book loan had been taken out 2 weeks before i bought the car. now i got the v5 when i bought the car. the full document. and i have since received one in my name

presumably thats how they found out where the car was registered to.

they said there is nothing we can do, pay up or the recovery agents there will take you car.

i said they will have a good job when im in it.

chap knocked on my window and said are you getting out. i was just playing games on my phone at this point and ignored him

he was on the phone for about 20 minutes. come over and said im not doing this **** all day and then proceeded to take the clamp off. Said that he had put a anpr marker on my car. (by him saying this, he must have thought i was born in a cave in a remote island off the west coast of nowhere yesterday and has just been introduced to civilization)

even thought i knew the only people who could enter details onto the police national computer i phoned my soliciter who informed me he was talking out of his rear exit. and for my own peace of mind, phoned the police back who also confirmed, that a 3rd party having access to or being able to request details put onto the system, is completly untrue and also a load of erm rubbish

so my question is now, as obvisouly my car is not safe, and my garage is about 6 inches to small to get the car in,

what do i do, who do i go to

i have phoned the high court after googled and finding information about a bill of sale, but thats £45 and 7-10 working days away.

do i stand anywhere legally because i was not the person who took the debt out.

there is no point going back to him because he is in the other end of the country and will deny it all day long, just a waste of time in that avenue.

Hello there,

For a start that individual should not have clamped your vehicle, I don't believe they had lawful authority to do so.

If you carried out all the relevant checks you have bougth the car with 'good title' - this means that you cannot be penalised for the previous person's actions.

You should complain to Varooma. And the OFT/Trading Standards.