style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello my sister has recently broke up with her partner of several years and left her with a lot of unpaid council tax debt.

So my sister has paid two separate payments to the bailiffs of £200 (because the council said she has to deal with the bailiffs?) The bailiff has been at the door and said he could return within 48 hours to seize goods for public auction. My sister is a single mother with ME on incapacity benefit, so cannot pay too much I paid the second payment of £200 for her. My main concern is that the bailiffs stop showing up because it's quite threatening! There are various amounts of money that is really hard to keep track of, and charges are being added all the time, so I don't know what to pay! The bailiffs are called Rundles and I need help urgently!

Hi Tenant87,

This may well get better results if posted in the Baliffs forum

In the meantime get onto the council and let them know, AFAIK, your sister should be classed as vulnerable and also what Liability Orders are current, how many, when issued and when passed to baliffs.

Also e-mail, or write, to baliffs and request a full breakdown of the fees, dates of visits, etc.

Have a read at the Baliffs forum for other ideas (see here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?168-Bailiffs-and-High-Court-Enforcement-Officers)

to SiteTeam - tried to use the 'report' option to request a move and possibly S.O.S TT/WD,etc but system has a 'fault'

G

Rundles doing their usual crap again.

One question. Has the bailiff ever performed a levy?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Rundles doing their usual crap again.

One question. Has the bailiff ever performed a levy?

No there has been no levy, to my knowledge, they have never been in to the property etc. they said they may be back with the police to gain entry though?

If no levy was made then the bailiff is lying. Deny him any and all access to the property and all he can do is stamp his feet and charge 2 visit fees which are capped.

Remember, bailiffs lie and will do anything to try and get money from a debtor.

If you are classed as vulnerable then the council are obliged to take the debt back and call off the bailiffs.

The bailiffs wont tell you this as they want their share of the pie. Thats wht they hike the debt up woth illegal charges.

Follow gersons info and youll be on the right track. Just make sure you check for certain if a levy was gained.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You may need to start by getting various bits of info, start with this. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Meanwhile, make sure that bailiff is denied any and all entry to the house. keep all windows and doors locked. ALl he can do then is simply stamp his feet.

As it appears your sister may be potentially vulnerable she also needs to contact the Council to point this out. She will need to provide some proof - a letter from her GP or other medical professional + proof of Benefits. It may pay to approach her local Councillor(s) to intervene.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all took me a while to post back, following the example of another thread i sent this letter to the bailifs with the relevant details change, i also sent a letter to the council stating with that i had down so and included a copy of the letter.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Your Reference

I understand XXX Council has appointed you to recover my Council Tax Liability arrears for 200x of £xxxx.

Firstly I would like to make you aware that I am fully aware of my rights and you will not gain entry to my home under any circumstances to levylink3.gif goods and I know the fees allowed under statute and when these fees can be applied.

Due to my circumstances I am unable to pay this in one payment. I advocate a payment schedule of 24 months with 23 months payments at £xx.xx and the balance of £xx.xx to be paid on the 24th month to cover the principle. I understand this may seem a long time but this is a realistic offer that is affordable to me and will allow me to pay future bills issued for Council Tax without them falling into arrears. A greater amount would cause me real and actual hardship.

I am able to pay the above amount on the xx of each month, as an act of good faith I have enclosed the first payment chq number xxxxxx. Please advise how you would like future payments made. My personal preference is payment by Standing Order.

It should be noted that I am not at any point refusing to pay this debt but only asking for a fair payment period considering my circumstances. And if you are unable to accept my offer I will place the money aside each month until such a time the council take the account back into their management, when I will make payment of the set asidelink3.gif money to the council.

Please also send an itemised statement of account that clearly shows what charges have been added and what for, you are required in statute to supply this information and I look forward to this within 14 days.

I am sending the council a copy of this letter and requesting that it be filled with my account for further reference.

I hope the above meets your approval and I look forward to your timely reply by letter.

Yours faithfully,

... They were sent recorded delivery yesterday, is this a good place to start or should i force the council to take it back?

T

If you are vulnerable then force the council. The bailiffs will harass you until the council recalls the debt.

In order to get this resolved it is important to know the following:

Do you know (or can you find out on Monday) the precise amount of the Liability Order/s issued by the council. Your sister needs to obtain this information from the COUNCIL and not from the bailiffs.

All councils in the country are able to access the bailiff companies records and this will show the amount of any fees charged by them. Try to insist that they provide this information.

You say that the bailiff has not been in the property. Do you know whether the bailiff has ever been to the property and whether a levy has ever ben made upon a motor vehicle?

Does she own a car and if so, roughly how much is it worth?

PS: The letter sent is pretty good but there is one important point missing as this concerns your sister's vulnerability. It is very important that any health issues/vulnerability are addressed at the start of the letter.

In order to get this resolved it is important to know the following:

Do you know (or can you find out on Monday) the precise amount of the Liability Order/s issued by the council. Your sister needs to obtain this information from the COUNCIL and not from the bailiffs.

All councils in the country are able to access the bailiff companies records and this will show the amount of any fees charged by them. Try to insist that they provide this information.

You say that the bailiff has not been in the property. Do you know whether the bailiff has ever been to the property and whether a levy has ever ben made upon a motor vehicle?

Does she own a car and if so, roughly how much is it worth?

PS: The letter sent is pretty good but there is one important point missing as this concerns your sister's vulnerability. It is very important that any health issues/vulnerability are addressed at the start of the letter.

Is there any way I can contact the council on her behalf, mainly because she is quite stressed with all of this, I live in Newcastle and she lives in Hull though?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49462[/ATTACH]

Read Post 8

Hi my sister has received her reply from Rundles. I have included the letter with personal details removed. however it is worth noting that we offered £50 per month for 11 months and a 12th payment of £31.50 roughly. The payments mentioned in the letter was a payment of £200 and then £201. The Bailiff has also posted a final demand through the door giving 24 hours. Is there anyway i can deal with this on her behalf the only issue is i live in Newcastle and she lives in Hull, can we do this over the phone?!?!?!?!?!?

Send the Acme letter adapted to suit to Bumbles & Co for the breakdown.

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off custome

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Send the Acme letter adapted to suit to Bumbles & Co for the breakdown.

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off custome

That's brilliant thank you, my sister is going to the council today to give me authority on her account to deal with this, should I still call the council and push that she is classed as vulnerable? And if so what should I say? Or should I just send the above letter?

That's brilliant thank you, my sister is going to the council today to give me authority on her account to deal with this, should I still call the council and push that she is classed as vulnerable? And if so what should I say? Or should I just send the above letter?

Get her to sign and send the letter to bailiff, and take proof of vulnerability to council.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You can indeed speak to the bailiff company on behalf of your sister but before doing so she will need to send a email giving her authorisation.

I will put something together mid morning but before doing so can you confirm something for me. You have stated on the forum that the bailiffs have not been into her home. However, I did ask a few days ago whether a levy may have been made on a vehicle . Could you please confirm whether a levy may have been made.

Does she own a car?

If so, roughly how much is it worth?

You can indeed speak to the bailiff company on behalf of your sister but before doing so she will need to send a email giving her authorisation.

I will put something together mid morning but before doing so can you confirm something for me. You have stated on the forum that the bailiffs have not been into her home. However, I did ask a few days ago whether a levy may have been made on a vehicle . Could you please confirm whether a levy may have been made.

Does she own a car?

If so, roughly how much is it worth?

She does have a car but it is a mobility vehicle, Nissan Qashqui,, how would I find out if the vehicle have been levied?

If a levy had of been made then the bailiff should have provided a Notice of Seizure.

To save me having to read the thread again, is the debt a joint one?

Given that there are 2 cars I would be very surprised if a levy had not of been made.

The council would be able answer the question as to whether their bailiff levied goods on their behalf.

Most councils have direct access into the bailiff companies computer systems and they should be able to provide your sister with the following information:

Precise amount of the Liability Order

Amount of fees charged

Date fee charged

Details of any levy and date applied.

Your sister MUST ensure that she takes copies of any letters from DWP etc to prove that she is vulnerable.

I would be very surprised if the council fail to ask for the account to be returned back to them.

Please post back.