• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Static Caravans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

We are contemplating the purchase of a static caravan, possibly placed on the Haven/British Holidays site at Berwick (see my last post in this forum).

I'd love to hear from anyone who has done this, as we're not sure of the benefits and pitfalls.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

• 2 weeks later...

The Benefits of Having Your Own Caravan are,You Have A Weekend Retreat Whenever You Want,The Downsides Are The Ground Rent Is 3k+ A Year,Certain Sites will Only Allow Vans of A certain Age,Unless you are willing to let it out can be quite expensive.Unless money is no object,Some site owners are a law to themselves,see my post on What happened with my father in laws caravan,at a haven site. Hope this helps.:rolleyes:

The Benefits of Having Your Own Caravan are,You Have A Weekend Retreat Whenever You Want,The Downsides Are The Ground Rent Is 3k+ A Year,Certain Sites will Only Allow Vans of A certain Age,Unless you are willing to let it out can be quite expensive.Unless money is no object,Some site owners are a law to themselves,see my post on What happened with my father in laws caravan,at a haven site. Hope this helps.:rolleyes:

Hi Craig,

I read that post - rather put me off the idea. We were looking at a Haven Site as well (Berwick Upon Tweed).

Thanks for the info.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

the negative thing about static caravn ..(well i dont know if its the same in england as it is in N.I) if you want to sell it you have to sell it to the caravan site owner and he gives you rubbish money on it... I bought a 23K caravan three years ago and had to sell it for the matromonial settlement and he offered me 6K for it i was furious!!!! cos no way it is worth 6K but i was not allowed to sell it privately

Guest 10110001

Been there done that. stay well away. Too many problems to list in a single post. Just rent a van when you want one.

It took me 18 months to sort out this mess in the courts. I was fobbed off with more bovene fecal matter from the caravan park than in a lifetime.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

my mother in laws just tried to sell her static bought it a year and a half ago on a ideal caravans site near seahouses paid 8000 quid didnt read the small print went to sell it this year had to sell it back to them man came out ill give u 3000 best offer so basiclly lost 5000 quid on it and also had to pay site fees of 1000 quid a year on top off it so personally i think you are mad to buy a static anywhere

• 4 weeks later...

welcome to the world of caravan owners we have owned a static van for over 10 years and we could tell a few storys i wouldnt advise anyone to buy one now the owners of these parks are a law unto themselves we used to love our van but over the years the greed and the dos and donts on these sites have taken all the pleasure out of caravanning every week there are new rules or they want more money out of you we used to go every weekend to relax and enjoy now its a worry :(

• 1 year later...

premium sites only allow the age of the van not to exceed 10 years, some parks allow higher age vans. always check the terms of the pitch agreement and make sure the park does not unlilaterally change terms of the agreement after you have signed it. When unexcpected fees and charges start being added on, NEVER get roped into renting your van out to recoup them, this will be a one way trip so prepare to lose lots of money.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

We own a static caravan and couldn't be happier.

We originally had it on one site, Golden Sands, Rhyl and it was great, however, new site owners came in and changed all the rules (to suit them) and increased site fees despite saying there would be no changes! As a consequence the Park has rapidly gone downhill and the current Caravan Owners Group are in the middle of a second court case against the Park! There is a thread on here somewhere which was blantantly hi-jacked by the Staff and so it meant that the thread got closed!

Anyhow, we were fortunate to find a fantastic Park which was willing to take us (and our caravan) so we moved there - it's a bit of a well kept secret so PM me know if you want to know where it is!

One thing I would say is *before* you buy a caravan on *any* Park don't get drawn in by the sales patter, they will use phrases like "living the dream" etc to try and entice you in. In fact if they have sales staff I'd instantly be suspicious of *why* they need them - so beware.

Also, ask if they have an Park Caravan Owners Group - if the Park says they haven't, then they are probably lying and trying to hide this fact from you. They use the old "divide and conquer" so that they can do what they want regarding Park Rules and Regulations - there are some unscrupulous Site Owners out there and whilst some of their actions, policies, procedures etc may or may not be illegal, that is a matter for the courts, some of their actions are certainly morally questionable.

Finally, make sure you speak to *genuine* owners on the site - they will give you an insight into what to expect and what the Park is *really* like.

Caveat emptor is never more applicable than when buying a static caravan!

If you need any help/advice - just ask!

B.

Guest Amberloz

Make sure that they are members of the British Holiday and Home Parks Association and also ask for a copy of the agreement that you would have to sign. Make sure you read all the small print.

Make sure that they are members of the British Holiday and Home Parks Association

From my experience, membership of the BHHPA is irrelevant as they are there to look out for the Site Owners rather than the caravanners.

and also ask for a copy of the agreement that you would have to sign. Make sure you read all the small print.

This, however, is a good idea.

• 1 month later...
Guest murpheus

You are absolutely correct Badwanger, the BH&HPA did try and help me with there dispute resolution scheme but it has turned into total farce. There is a loophole that says both parties must agree to arbitration.

The snakes just simply decline to take part and thats the end of it.

So all these code of practice rules are farcical also, that is what I relied on and paid the price. I have been to trading standards who contacted the FSA.

They want nothing to do with it, as they say not enough are complaining.

This consumer issue is massive and it's going to get a lot worse. I know of others who have consulted solicitors, only to come up against a brick wall and lost more money. I thought my case was bad, until I read other posts on this website and what has happened to my good friends on the same park. Some of the stories i have heard border close to criminal.

The majority of caravan parks I believe are decent and in my opinion, if they let you lease out your property then they can't be all that bad.

Its the vermin that need eradicating, and what happened to the banks should apply to bullying Holiday Parks.

A campaign needs starting with two main aims.

1. Recover losses, just as the banks have had to pay up

2. Change the law, to protect those that have static caravans now.

Edited by murpheus
spelling

I thought my case was bad, until I read other posts on this website and what has happened to my good friends on the same park. Some of the stories i have heard border close to criminal.

Just out of interest was the Park in question Golden Sands, Rhyl?

The majority of caravan parks I believe are decent and in my opinion, if they let you lease out your property then they can't be all that bad.

Agreed. Our Park in particular is fantastic and were we so lucky to be able to move our caravan there!

Its the vermin that need eradicating, and what happened to the banks should apply to bullying Holiday Parks.

A campaign needs starting with two main aims.

1. Recover losses, just as the banks have had to pay up

2. Change the law, to protect those that have static caravans now.

Without a doubt. I too tried to get Trading Standards, the Police, BBC Watchdog and even a solicitor involved - all it served was to cost time and money with no benefit. Our weekend retreat became a nightmare and rather than going back to work on Monday refreshed and de-stressed, the opposite happened! I was more relaxed at work than I was "at play" on that Park!

If you buy a caravan, you will love it for the first few months, then the annual pitch fee go up 30% after year 1 (or pay £350+VAT to move to a cheaper pitch), unexpected charges are added, and you start having to make back your losses by sub-letting, then it gets worse, the maintenance costs go up, things go missing and more unexpected fees (business rates - subletting is considered a business - and their compulsory insurance premiums etc) are added. You are billed for 10 gas bottles a month at £45 a go because the heating is on 24/7. You cant afford to pay your account on time because its now too high, so for each time you pay late, the park moves your van off its pitch or disconnects it from utilities at £285 a go. Your deam holiday home ends up a nightmare £30,000 debt.

Best advice, rent it, no commitments. You walk away at the end of the rental and you get a brand new van and a different park each time.

Fortunately I didnt lose, I recovered all my money by dragging it through the courts. My sympathy is with those less-informed and dont have the means to litigate a caravan park. Solicitors dont want this kind of work so its £500 on account and £500 per volley of correspondence. Police say fraud is a civil matter and trading standards quote chunks out of the Unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

Guest murpheus

The site I was on is in the North East of England. I don't want to name and shame them just yet, as i have recently contacted the BH&HPA and asked them to look again at my case. [ I will update once I get a reply ]

The dispute resolution service BH&HPA use are called ICAS [independant Consumer Arbitration Service] now this is where it gets complicated!

In 2007 BH&HPA dispute resolution arbitrators were called IDRS who I have blasted in a previous post for lack of correspondence and time wasting.

IDRS informed me finally in 2009 that BH&HPA do not use there services anymore, so in July 2009 the ball started rolling again with ICAS.

The confusing bit is that ICAS has the same office as IDRS and all there paperwork has IDRS stamped all over???

Anyway that aside, the BH&HPA have relied on clause 4:2 in ICAS 2007 guidelines.

Qoute...

"Any party may initiate the use of ICAS but all parties to the dispute must agree to use ICAS in writing, by completing the application form,before the arbitration can commence."

Now here is my argument since I have looked more closely into the case,

the Respondant or Leisure company, HAVE SIGNED THE APPLICATION FORM IN 2007 WITH IDRS. Not only that ICAS have revised their guidelines in 2008 and a Conciliator has been introduced to negotiate with the parties first. In July 2009 I received no contact at all from any such Conciliator.

Looking closely at other clauses in ICAS and IDRS guidelines, in both there is a clause which mentions the "Power of the Arbitrator."

Qoute.....

"Proceed with the arbitration if either party fails to comply with these rules or with the arbitrators directions, or if either party fails to attend any meeting ordered by the arbitrator but only after giving that party written notice."

I am no Lawyer, but that is what I wrote recently to the BH&HPA and I await their reply.

On another note ,thanks Badwanger for your reply. looking at fork-it's post I have to add this.

I recommend NACO to insure your caravan they are quite reasonable if you tell them you let it out. Now here's the ironic bit, they have a good legal team which is free when you insure through them.

I should have consulted them when I had my dispute, but instead put full faith in the arbitration process provided by the BH&HPA.

Now here's the big warning and potential downside about hiring out your caravan.

Greedy park owners may laugh at and ignore the Code of Practice, but there is one clause they will use gleefully if they want you off or try to force upgrading.

Qoute......

"A new caravan will be allowed a minimum 10 year guarantee on the park before the owner will be invited to upgrade. However if the caravan is to be leased during the 10 year period then it will lose a year for each week it is hired.

In theory you can pay 50k for a new unit, let it out for ten weeks and be booted off after one season. The government body that made the Code of Practice were very quick to add that little clause in!

Edited by murpheus
spelling

does anyone know of any sites that will allow you to site your own caravan on as ive been offered a ex display static caravan that heaven would sell for over 40k i can have it for less than 10k just need to find a site to take it within approx 100miles of cardiff

does anyone know of any sites that will allow you to site your own caravan on as ive been offered a ex display static caravan that heaven would sell for over 40k i can have it for less than 10k just need to find a site to take it within approx 100miles of cardiff

From my experience, most sites won't accept a "Bring On", as they are missing out on a sale but given the current financial climate, you could drop lucky! Those that do, tend to only allow caravan less than five years old and will charge you a siting fee - which is roughly equivalent to a years full site fees.

My advice would be to trawl the 'net and ring round Parks of interest, giving them the exact make, model and age of the caravan. Then draw up a shortlist of those who will, in principal, allow a "bring on" and go around each site in person making sure you take photographs of your caravan with you - so they can see it's condition.

Please make sure you are happy with *everything* before you move and the very best of luck!

B.

Bourne Leisure and Evergreen Finance.

Please note the comments below are my point of view and my personal experience with these companies.

ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A BAD OR SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH THESE TWO COMPANIES AND THEIR” OWNERS EXCLUSIVE” PLEASE CONTACT ME AS WE ARE GOING TO COURT THIS YEAR.

THESE TWO COMPANIES ARE OWNED BY THE SAME DIRECTORS CHECK OUT COMPANIES HOUSE FOR PROOF. I HAVE FOUR DISABLED CHILDREN WITH AUTISM THOUGHT BUYING A CARAVAN FOR SUMMER HOLIDAYS WOULD BE GREAT BUT IN TURN HAS LOST US ALL THE SAVINGS WE HAD AND NO MORE HOLIDAYS FOR OUR CHILDREN READ OUR SITUATION BELOW.

THEY HAVE THREATENED ME WITH LEGAL ACTION AND CLAIM DEFORMATION. THEY HAVE TOLD ME TO TAKE DOWN ALL LISTINGS IN FORUMS WHY ARE THEY SO CONCERNED?

We decided to purchase a caravan for summer holidays as our 4 children suffer with Autism. It would make going on holiday easier as a family and we could try and get away some weekends for a bit of respite.

I purchased a used Willoughby Richmond 2006 caravan in May 2008 from Bourne Leisure and paid cash £29357.00 I was told it had heating. This money was from a remortage on our family home.

When we stayed we found that the heating did not work as it was freezing cold in the mornings.

I complained and was told was what I needed was one with central heating as this one only had warm air heating which was not any good. Great thanks for telling me now!

I was not told this when I purchased the caravan from the sales man.

It took five months for the agent to find us an improved van which would cost us more.

I had to fund this by finance as I had used all of our funds to purchase the first van.

We only used the first van for a total of three weeks as the children found it too cold.

When I signed for the finance it was agreed that I would be given the full exchange price I paid against the new caravan less the site fees. This would have been around 24 k. This was agreed by the manager .

However when I signed the documents the sales man had to take them away to be finalised. I was not given any copies of anything. He just asked me to sign a bunch of papers not pointing out what anything was. He confirmed when I was at the park and we checked in to the new van we would do a check list and go through all the documents this never happened.

The hire purchase agreement it is on two pages. The page with all the figures and part ex are on sheet 1 not on the sheet that I signed sheet 2 so when I signed I was led to believe I would get the full rebate and was paying the monthly amount for 3 years.

I was not given a copy of any paperwork to take away and only got my first copy after 12 months. I understand now that I should have received the agreement within 7 days and had a cooling off period.

When I got my annual statement it showed the agreement was over 84 months when I was told it would be over 36 months by the agent. I demanded a copy of the agreement be faxed over by Evergreen finance and saw the figures on sheet 1 were not as agreed with the agent from Bourne Leisure. They had only given me a exchange for £14k when we never agreed to part ex it should have been an exchange as the first vans heating did not work properly. We only had 3 weeks use of it and according to the documents we have lost 50% of the value not due to any fault of ours.

The second caravan we received I was made to sign the documents before seeing the finished goods as it was the end of the season. When we went in the following March they were not as described they were with faulty windows that were screwed shut. Doors that did not close, stained carpet and chairs the decking was collapsing and the heater in the lounge had two bare light sockets exposed which were live!. Not ideal with Autistic children. Also the main door does not lock and close it is warped so again unsafe for security or the children could open it themselves and run off to the road or cliff. When I viewed the caravan I was told it would all be in as new condition with new carpet and chairs. I complained immediately the day we viewed it so did my wife but they never repaired these faults. They then tried to say we never complained to them until I found proof we did.. I have said that I do not accept this now and reject the goods.

The thing was dangerous with numerous faults. I have taken pictures of the various faults. This is not only a nuisance it is dangerous and a fire hazard. they still to this day have not repaired the faults and I have photographic evidence.

I have stopped paying the finance agreement and the ground rent and have rejected the goods as they are not as described on the price or due to the caravan not being fit for its purpose.

As we have paid almost 50% of the cost the finance company need to get a court order to repossess however they have removed the caravan and will not tell me where it is. I am waiting for them to attempt to enforce their agreement and I am confident with the evidence I have they will not be able to enforce it

UPDATE 25TH OF MAY 2010 Return of goods order hearing.

They tried to get a return of goods order for the caravan but failed it is now going for a full hearing and I am able to submit my evidence and do a counter claim for the whole amount I paid. I am confident we are going to win over this GOLIAOTH!!

If anyone is considering purchasing from Bourne Leisure or evergreen finance please contact me first and I will send you copies of the emails I have received from their solicitors. I think you will find it shocking how a family with disabled kids has been treated!

The media are tracking this case and I am also now submitting a complaint to the OFT.

Edited by dvdeez

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just read through all the posts on this thread. I have posted a thread on a consumer forum about a site that will not refund my site fee after I sold the static. They charged the new owner pro rata fees so they are in effect receiving 2 payments for 1 pitch.

I know this happens a lot, the agreements are mostly in breech of the OFT regulations as the retention of the advance payment is considered a penalty. I would like to know if anyone has ever taken these sites on. They are a law unto themselves and, in my case, try to intimidate owners/consumers into just accepting what they want.

If more people come forward then we have more chance of getting refunds and not being penalised.

Please, please, please if you have been affected by not having a refund of pitch fees after you have sold your unit, post on here.

If you have taken a site to court to get a refund please please let me know. The more people speak out the quicker the problem will be solved. Just because you sign an agreement does not mean that it is compliant with rules and regs neither does it give the site the right to penalise the consumer when they themselves are profiteering

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks