RLP issued after shoplifting,police not called

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

So I attempted the most stupid thing in my life which was to shoplift from waitrose. The stuff was £9.99.

I was caught after I exited the shop and was taken to the camera room by a guy dressed in civil clothes.

They told me that they'll resolve it in the office so they did not call the police.

I was asked my address ,name and date of birth but they didn't ask me for ID or make any scans of my ID.

They gave me a document which banned me from waitrose and another which was from RLP.

They told me I will receive the fine in the post. They took a picture of me and sent me home.

My question is, since the police was not involved in any way and they didn't take my ID details, will this case show up

on an enhanced CRB check?

I am extremely worried and cannot get this out of my mind. I just want to pay the fine and make it a part of history.

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Our tenet is that two wrongs don't make a right. You did wrong. You have acknowledged that it is wrong. Nothing more to add to that.

RLP on the other hand will try and make your life hell. So long as you follow the excellent advice here, they will fail.

Expect quite a few letters over the coming weeks each of an ever increasingly desperate attempt to part you from your cash. Resist!

RLP will make claims that they can do so and so when in fact, they can do little-apart from threaten.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

And will the fact that I am involved with the RLP reflect on any CRB check, especially and enhanced one?

That's what I'm worried most about.

Other than that I am just waiting for them to send me the letter and see what they tell me.

And will the fact that I am involved with the RLP reflect on any CRB check, especially and enhanced one?

That's what I'm worried most about.

Other than that I am just waiting for them to send me the letter and see what they tell me.

Nope! Simple as that. They are not involved with the police so nothing will appear on a CRB check, enhanced or otherwise.

RLP will try and worry you over a database they hold of 'offenders' which 'may' be shared with employers. Be certain that they can share bu**er all without your permission. It's called the Data Protection Act.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

As above. RLP have absolutely NOTHING to do with any part of the UK legal system. They never EVER will have any connection. it is a private company ran by a rather unsavoury woman whose sole business ethos is to make you feel guilty and to make it seem as if they have some sort of power. Simply to get money from you that they have no reason to get.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You will get around 5 letters, which increase in content over the course of a few months. jackie even starts to say you shouldnt get legal advice from the internet and that internet sites are "under investigation by CID". The sad thing is, she has told this lie so much, she even believes it herself. Once you get her letters that are full of pseudo legal nonsense ( trust me, you'll know when you get it ), youre pretty much near the end of her harassment campaign.

What you need to do if she does send a letter, is to send the standards one line letter of deniability to her. That way, she cant claim its a non disputed claim ( her favourite phrase lately). This stops her from pretty much doing anything.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D