Sainsbury's petrol issue

Daz1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I could not pay petrol at Sainsbury's petrol station as I did not have enough money in my bank

(despite checking the night before that I did have more than enough)

as a few direct debits went out that I was unaware of.

Now I've had some money cleared

I went to pay them today but they said it was passed on to a debt collection agency

(something they never told me when I tried to pay the first time)

as a week had passed

(something they also conveniently never told me)

and the DCA would put 1 £50 charge on it.

I have complained to Sainsbury's customer service about this

as the staff in the petrol station were also extremely rude and unprofessional.

I'm really stressed now as I can not afford and am in urgent need of help as I suffer mental health issues.

pay Sainsbury's what you can directly

the DCA can do nothing to you

neither add anything [legally] to the debt

as that is deemed a penalty charges which is unlawful.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

they have

NOT SUCH LEGAL BAILIFF POWERS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

go see the manager

this dca stuff is just utter rubbish.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Got a letter from DWF or whatever they're called) today and they want £70 so I've sent it to Stepchange and asked them to negotiate them down.

I am boycotting Sainsbury's for everything except the free air to pump my tyres up as their management have been as much use as a chocolate teapot! I'll still be using Nectar but only at Argos...

Hi Daz1979

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint , mark it as such. Explain what's happened, explain that your a long time customer, family and friends shop there, explain how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Sainsbury

Mr. Justin King

Chief Executive

[email protected]

Ignore the DCA TOTALLY. Sainsburys are not allowed to refuse payment towards the debt. That is a very big 'no no'.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ignore the DCA TOTALLY. Sainsburys are not allowed to refuse payment towards the debt. That is a very big 'no no'.

Not quite right.

Cost of debt recovery via proceedings in the County Court will often exceed the amount owed for the fuel. However, fuel retailers have a scheme operated by the British Oil Security Syndicate (BOSS) and this indicates that debts can be sold on to debt collection agencies.

Yea but HAS it actually been sold. It sounds liek they simply passed it on. Plus i didnt mention anything about the DCA's charges. I simply said that a creditor cannot refuse payment towards a debt. Granted, i should have stated "if the OC still owns it".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I'd send a cheque covering payment for the fuel only addressed to the store manager with a letter detailing what it is for (including the car reg number) and you apologise for the inconvenience and now consider the matter settled.

The ball is then in their court.

DWF are sainsburys!!

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Well Mr King was about as much help as a chocolate fireguard, they're still standing by the decision and believe their lying scumbags of staff. I'm feeling really down now and can't cope with this...

I'd send a cheque covering payment for the fuel only addressed to the store manager with a letter detailing what it is for (including the car reg number) and you apologise for the inconvenience and now consider the matter settled.

The ball is then in their court.

I can't do cheques as my bank stopped them as I'm on a DRO

Hi Daz1979

That is a disappointing response from Sainsbury's Executive Team.

Just as a matter of interest, was that their Final Response and did they say you could complain to the FOS?

Also, from what you have said in your opening post, page 14 of the Debt Collection Guidance applies to you, you need to make Sainsbury's aware of your mental health issues.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consultations/OFT664Rev_Debt_collection_g1.pdf

I have told Sainsbury's they basically just don't give a flying **** about it. Sorry about the language btw but I am stressed out big time. Sainsbury's have not said anything about the FOS though I don't have a very good relationship with the FOS. I have reported this to trading standards though.

Hi Daz1979

Don't worry about the type of relationship you have with the FOS, it's like millions of others, they need to be watched like a hawk.

It will cost Sainsbury's £500 if the FOS look into your complaint, that's something for Sainsbury to consider.

I have told Sainsbury's they basically just don't give a flying **** about it. Sorry about the language btw but I am stressed out big time. Sainsbury's have not said anything about the FOS though I don't have a very good relationship with the FOS. I have reported this to trading standards though.

Dont just tell them. You MUST report them. Sainsurys and other companies get legal and random threats ALL the time. Unless you are going to follow it up immediately with a report, dont make the statement as youll make it harder for the next person. Thats why these companies are so complacent and ignore everything.

Ombudsman wont get involved until the complaint has been exhausted. The only time theyll jump in earlier is if its a very serious issue.