worried33

HB and permitted savings

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2035 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been told the amount I will get in backdated DLA, its on the way and approved, the DWP didnt bother asking for a statement of reasons from the tribunal.

I have a new problem that my bank balance as a result of 2 years backdated DLA will be hovering around the £6000 mark it will actually be probably going above and below £6000 over the course of each month as expenses go out and income goes in.

I am now very grateful for the reward so I am not too concerned about having my housing benefit deducted for been a bit over £6000, what is bothering me is the potential trouble of informing them every time my money goes above or below 6000 and each time of course the claim been suspended.

If I were to say my savings are 6500 and simply dont inform them afterwards until I am well below 6000 again would that be fraud? as that will amount to underpayments not overpayments. So I assume I am ok to do that?

Any backpay of benefits is disregarded (ignored) for 12 months.

ok so basically I tell them and they will say its disregarded?

thanks