• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Robinson Way - unknown debt - Ex RBS Style Card

Loanly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the card should be OK

You can apply for a postal report for £2 or as I say, get onto one of the main ones and go for the free trial but do remember to cancel within the 30 days.

Also bear in mind that Noddle is an offshoot and therefore some of their data may not be completely up to date.

Nightmare. Cheers trying again.

Getting really annoyed with this now.

Next steps to complete your order

Unfortunately, we have been unable to activate your account online using the information that you have provided. Please contact our Customer Care Team to compelete your order.

using Equifax

Ok may I summarise everything so far as the thread has gone to a new page, and perhaps this thread may help somebody in the future going through a similar situation.

Equifax gave me my credit report. There is nothing suspicious, and no fraudulent activity, which of course was my main concern.

The only things listed on there are my bank accounts, which are all in green.

I see two 'Trace Enquiries' by this Robinson Way company, but nothing on my credit report that gives any indication as to why they are contacting me.

The "Prove it" letter is all you need at this stage.

Could you just clarify one thing for me please:

The template letter reads:

I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to {INSERT CREDITOR NAME}.

Now - I don't know the name of the person/company they claim I owe a debt to, as they didn't give me this information, only the following:

Due to: HPH LTD (Ex Style)

Our Reference: *********

Account Number: ***************

Amount Due: £279.20

and I understand HPH LTD
IS
Robinson Way..?

Is there a standard paragraph I could add to this letter to enquire exactly who I am supposed to owe money to?

Apologies if I've misunderstood or repeated myself slightly, but it feels like it maybe isn't exactly the right letter to send - I just want to be sure.

Thanks for your patience.

Yes HPH (Hoist Port Folio) own the debt now.

I'll draft for you this afternoon, as this is not your debt I think your feeling is correct, just let me know if this is what you want.

If it's no trouble, it will be appreciated, and I will send it out as quick as I can print it.

The cards are required for ID purposes only, e.g., registered at your current address, it is normal verification procedure.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello again

:confused:

Equifax finally gave me my credit report. Looking at it, there is nothing suspicious on there which of course I am thankful for.

There appears to be no fraudulent activity, which of course was my main concern.

The only things listed on there are my bank accounts, which are all in green.

I see two 'Trace Enquiries' by this Robinson Way company.

So, this is all rather strange.

What now?

Ok give me a while to compose a missile and I'll get back!

@BRIGADIER2JCS

Any joy with this? Or were you going to link me to the 'prove it' letter that @ims21 mentioned or perhaps you had something similar in mind.

As I explained in my post above I have nothing on my credit report that could give any indication as to why Robinson Way are contacting me.

Thanks in advance

Could you just clarify one thing for me please:

The template letter reads:

I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to {INSERT CREDITOR NAME}.

Now - I don't know the name of the person/company they claim I owe a debt to, as they didn't give me this information, only the following:

Due to: HPH LTD (Ex Style)

Our Reference: *********

Amount Due: £279.20

and I understand HPH LTD is Robinson Way..?

Is there a standard paragraph I could add to this letter to enquire exactly who I am supposed to owe money to?

Apologies if I've misunderstood or repeated myself slightly, but it feels like it maybe isn't exactly the right letter to send - I just want to be sure.

Anyhow It will be interesting to see how they reply eventually.

Edited by Loanly

Hi loanly,

Not forgotten just waiting for the CRA data, I can still draft a letter or you can use the "prove it " letter.

Yes HPH (Hoist Port Folio) own the debt now.

I'll draft for you this afternoon, as this is not your debt I think your feeling is correct, just let me know if this is what you want.

Within an hour approx. just cleaning up after a small flood.

OK Time to ignore the threat monkeys at Robbers Way and go to the top at Hoist Portfolio.

With just a copy to RW.

I will save and edit on return whilst writing this.

Private & Confidential

For the Personal Attention of:

Mr Najib Nathoo

CEO

Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2

First Floor Le Mesurier House

Rue Le Mesurier

St. Helier

Jersey

JE2 4YE..

Date...........:

Ref: Robinson Way Ref:....................:

Re: Formal Complaint:

Dear Mr Nathoo,

I write in reference to contact being made by your " collection agency" Robinson Way regarding an alleged debt supposedly purchased by Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 from CL Finance.

Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2.

For clarification and for the avoidance of any misunderstanding I Mr xxxxx xxxxxx have now knowledge of any debt to CL Finance or any company that from which it may have acquired this alleged debt.

I have not been a customer of any lender, finance company, or credit card provider, my financial arrangements consist on of bank account (s) [ amend if needed] and I have therefore no outstanding credit debts.

Having checked my credit reference files I have found that there are no entries for any outstanding credit debts of any age.

From this I have concluded that I am not the debtor you seek and I deny all liability.

I remind you of the OFT Guidance on debt collection 2003/2006 (up dated Nov. 2012 ) and the following sections.

Deceptive and/or Business Methods.

Section 3.8 Dealings with (alleged) debtors are not to be deceitful and or unfair.

Section 3.9 (a) Sending demands for payment, by any means. to an individual,

when it is uncertain whether he is the actual debtor.

(b). Disclosing debt details to an individual when it is uncertain that he is the actual debtor.

(j). Requiring an individual to prove he is Not the actual debtor who owes an outstanding debt.

Given the information here in I require Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 to instruct its agent Robinson Way to cease all contact in any manner and to remove All reference and data relating to me from its records with immediate effect.

HPH 2 will confirm in writing that it has complied with these requirements within 7 working days.

Any further " debt collection" activity from HPH or any associated company or agent will be treated as harassment, and I remind you of the recent judgement Robertson -v-BOS.

This letter is being copied to Robinson Way.

OK loanly??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Sorry I didn't get to see this earlier, I had to go out and didn't get back until late.

Looks amazing thanks - I really don't think I would have had the confidence to come up with anything like that by myself.

Will be posting to them first thing tomorrow morning.

:)

Just one thing:

the recent judgement Robertson -v-BOS.

Any info on that? A quick google didn't bring up anything that seemed particularly relevant.

Cheers

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I've been following a number of threads on here when I received a letter from the nice people at Robinson Way and started doing some research.

I've noticed that when some people have requested a CCA, Robinson Way have used the postal order towards the debt, so using some off the structured letters on the forum I've drifted a letter of my own.......

[removed]

So I'm now just waiting for Robinson Way to produce a document with my signature on stating that in fact I owe this debt.

I will keep everyone updated with this

Any cheque or PO sent to a DCA for a SAR or CCA request should be clearly marked " For Statutory Fee Only"

Take a Photocopy of it.

• 1 month later...

Hello - thanks for all the help with this, drafting the letter etc, back in February. Sorry I didn't get back to the thread any sooner, it slipped my mind as I've been very busy with other things.

I finally received a reply from them towards the end of April.

Dear ***************

RE:Hoist Portfolio Holding Limited - Ex RBS Style Card

I refer to recent communication in which you made a complaint to us regarding your account listed above. My understanding of your complaint is that you are unhappy we have contacted you in relation to an account which you do not believe you owe.

I am sorry you have had cause to complain and I thank you for bringing the matter to my attention. I have investigated the issues you have raised and I am now in a position to report my findings.

Having reviewed this matter, I can see that your address was located via a trace; however, due to the age of the account we have been unable to obtain any further information. Therefore, I have partially upheld your complaint in this instance and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I can confirm that we will not make any further attempts to contact you in relation to this matter.

I trust you are satisfied with my explanation which you may regard as our final response to your complaint. However, if after consideration, you remain dissatisfied you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must do this within six months of the date of this letter. Enclosed is a leaflet produced by the Financial Ombudsman Service, for your information.

(illegible signature, no printed name)

Hmm. This part really annoyed me:

...regarding your account listed above.

Well of course it isn't my account as like I said I haven't taken out credit... feels they are still pinning it to me :/

This part annoyed me more:

due to the age of the account we have been unable to obtain any further information. Therefore, I have partially upheld your complaint in this instance and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Doesn't really feel like a genuine apology. Especially their use of "partially" - makes me wonder which part of the complaint are they abiding by and which part are they dismissing...

Not happy with their response despite assurance they will not attempt to contact me about it again.

typical fleecing tactics

opps you caught us out.

the OFT would be happy to see this letter i'd bet!

just think if you'd not found CAG

you'd be another of the 100'000's of MUGS that think these DCA's have the powers

to just take/fleece money from you.

sadly 75%+ I bet of debts are paid this way

goes direct to THEIR POCKET to enable them to fund fleecing people

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I suspect that the reason DCAs never wholly admit to their incompetence in cases like this is because to do so would be an admission of their disregard for the regulatory rules that they are obliged to adhere to, and that might well come back to bite them if a complaint is made.

We all know that DCAs fail to carry out any sort of due diligence where tracing and documentation is concerned, and we know why; as mentioned above, some people will pay up anyway, and few complain. It is, though, worth a complaint, because the FCA are proving stricter than the OFT.