CSL & old Bank OD - i want to settle - but how much for?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am finally getting my bottom into gear and paying of my debts (hence the many posts I have already posted or will post)

I owe a company call Credit Solutions £170.93

If I am to call them up and say I am willing to pay off my debt right away but I want it reduced will they do it ? I am thinking of trying to get them down to half of what my debt is worth. They did write to me a few months back to pay of my debt at a reduced rate but I was not in a financial position to do it, So I know it is an option.

Has anyone tried this ?

Has it worked ?

Are they entitled to collect on the debt. Can they supply the necessary paperwork.When was the last payment made or admittance to the debt made.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

I am finally getting my bottom into gear and paying of my debts (hence the many posts I have already posted or will post)

I owe a company call Credit Solutions £170.93

If I am to call them up and say I am willing to pay off my debt right away but I want it reduced will they do it ? I am thinking of trying to get them down to half of what my debt is worth. They did write to me a few months back to pay of my debt at a reduced rate but I was not in a financial position to do it, So I know it is an option.

Has anyone tried this ?

Has it worked ?

Firstly Do Not phone this company ever, there staff are not there to help and will try to persuade you to pay more than you can afford.

What is the history of this debt?

Does it appear on your credit reference files?

Have you done a CCA request to see if there is an agreement for this alleged debt?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

How much of the debt is charges?

Any reduced offer must be in writing and stipulated that the remainder of the debt will be written off and will not be passed on to any other Company or third party for collection.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you