Jump to content


lowell/carter Claim form : co-operative bank visa card


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

yes i own my home on a mortgage.

 

also I have been looking at the agreement. it states and whilst some parts are clearly illegible the APR is stated at 12.8% yet according to the SAR the interest initially is charged 10.95% (0.870%)and also there is no credit limit stated on the form. surely these prescribed terms should be correct and the agreement.

 

is there anything else i should look for in the sar request and on the agreement.

 

Also i have still not received a thing from bryan carter regarding the CCA agreement or acknowledgement.

 

should i contact the co op or pester bryan carter for the terms and conditions or both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been sleeping on this overnight personally think I have a chance of fighting this.

 

from your views on the forums do you feel the same.

 

 

it seems to me from the letters b carter have sent that they are just using bully boy tactics.

 

they have not even bothered repsponding to any of the letters i have sent requesting cca agreements ect.

 

what would a judges view be of this that they not responded to any of my requests?

if somebody has a spare could they have a look at the letters sent so far in pdf format and give a little of advice on how i should proceed.

 

thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi Guys, Im a bit stuck as to what my next move should be.

 

is it possible to re submit a new defence. or should i send a another letter to bryan carter stating i still havent received a CCA and that the request was sent over a month ago. along with the CPR request.

 

i would really appreciate your views on this and the pdf's posted as to what my next move should be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi jules apologies for the delay in responding.

 

Okay the responses are templates and meaning less to your claim...the point he offers a consent may be something to consider but you can negotiate a F&FS fig you dont have to accept the figure stated.

 

Using APRs and DSARS arguments are not good basis for a defence and are very rarely successful

 

Yes you can amend your defence but this requires an application with fee and also you would need the claimants agreement.

 

PS you have left your name on the bryan carter.pdf‎ (164.7 KB, 13 views)

 

Regards

 

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

 

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Andy, so in your opinion would you think it better to try and settle. which is fair enough. would there be any harm in sending them a letter asking them to comply with cpr 31.14 request before agreeing to mediation/consent order just to give me a bit of time to sort things

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are considering negotiation of a Consent then disclosure is meaningless...if you require time to get your house in order let the claim proceed...the consent should remain on the table throughout.

 

You wont force disclosure until standard disclosure is ordered by the court which is after allocation.Your defence has been accepted and now he is testing the water before deciding to proceed (allocation)so you test the water and start showing an interest in his consent.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

 

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...

begrudgingly settled for £40.00 per month (couldnt afford to let it go to courtand judgement go against me)

however my egg card claim was discontinued as they couldnt produce the signed agreement

and in 2 months (fingers crossed) another will be staute barred. so not all bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
cheers for updating. presume then was via a tomlin/consent order?

 

i believe so they sent a form for me to make an offer.

i offered the lowest i thought i could get away with on reflection i should have offered 30.

court approved it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
to my knowledge no default charges have been applied to the account.

 

the consent is for debt, court & solicitors fees and the 8% interest they are trying to claim back.

 

the SAR Request from the CO OP is just reams of account payment information and a list of charges for late payment non payment

prior to me getting into difficulty.

 

 

 

OK so the defense is over

 

It may be worth calculating how much you could reclaim from the original creditor those Default charges PLUS Interest in restitution say of 24.9% compount interest on each charge.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 

 

 

 

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...