gb parking solutions 'fine,' not my fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys need advice please.

My work parking is at the rear and has a service bay adjoining.

on the 4th feb i parked at the back and then a manager asked me to pull it around the other side of the crash barriers as not to obstruct the service bay.

I did so and parked in the service bay area where my manager advised and even left my hi-vis explaining who and where i worked

. a few times staff have had to park there during a quarterly meeting

. i was there for 1 hour 1830-1930. whern i returned i had a ticket.

whats annoyed me as well is the 2 signs on the wall were in locations that were dark and not the best locations, and a sign on a pole on entry to service bay was not visible due to something being parked infront

i called the owners of the service bay who advised me they would do there best to help.

I recieved a call 2 days later saying sorry they couldnt and advised me to do the appeals via the parking fine company.

the signage of the company is

[attach]

Any advise please? ive got 4 days left before it goes to 100£

its not a fine!!

its a speculative invoice

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Wait untill the parking cowboy company write to you

Once they do send a soft appeal they will reject it

Take it to POPLA and cost them money

Do not pay them or phone them or admit to driving

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

i had already spoken to the company to see about appeals (i didnt give my full name and address). I explained that we were a business on the same yard and that a manager had advised me to park. The bloke seemed sympathetic and listened and advised me to appeal. He said it goes to an independant appeals person who looks at the grounds.

I did state that if i did lose and had to pay could i do it via installments and he said his company would not allow it as people havent paid in the past. I then said what if i agreed by email to do it in installments then would that be ok? as technically thats a contract between ourselves like the signage they have.

dont think ill win. thing is the manager who told me to park there said he will give me £20 towards it, which has peaved me off even more as he should gimme the lot!

Hi

As previously mentioned, this is not a fine. There is nothing the parking company can do to you. They cannot force you to pay anything.

As mentioned by i hate bailiffs, wait for the letter to appear then appeal. You can put anything on the appeal as they will reject. POPLA is the one where it costs the parking company money and even if you lost the appeal, you still don't have to pay.

Only the landowner OR the parking company with the landowners agreement can instigate court action but that is costly to them so they are unlikely to do so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

i had already spoken to the company to see about appeals (i didnt give my full name and address). I explained that we were a business on the same yard and that a manager had advised me to park. The bloke seemed sympathetic and listened and advised me to appeal. He said it goes to an independant appeals person who looks at the grounds.

I did state that if i did lose and had to pay could i do it via installments and he said his company would not allow it as people havent paid in the past. I then said what if i agreed by email to do it in installments then would that be ok? as technically thats a contract between ourselves like the signage they have.

dont think ill win. thing is the manager who told me to park there said he will give me £20 towards it, which has peaved me off even more as he should gimme the lot!

the reason they don't take instalments is easy,when you come to cag and find out they are trying to rob you,you would STOP paying them,so money up front is the norm.

unfortunately a lot of people who pay don't know about cag so they just pay up,shame but thats knowledge for you..

OK, they ticketd your car on the 4th feb so they have until the 18th feb to get a notice to you in the post. If you receive it even a day later than this is it not valid so keep an eye out for it. In the meanwhile stop phoning them, you wont get anywhere and it will entrench their supposition that the owner is also the driver and withour proof of this they cannot pursue you as the same, they can only limit their claim to one or the other and according to whether they follow the rules correctly .

ahhhh i didnt know they had to write to me within those 14 days as well. the tiocket gives the impression i have to get in touch with them within 14 day otherwise its going to cost me more. so if i dont recieve anything through the post on the 18th then its fine? as on the sign it says they are BPA

Only the landowner OR the parking company with the landowners agreement can instigate court action but that is costly to them so they are unlikely to do so.

isnt that then when they try and pass the costs onto me?

ive included some other images just to show the other signage and location the permit one was blocked from view when i entered the site.

(one from googlemaps shows our parking and barriers etc)

EDIT: confused a little on watchdog it states they have 14 days to write back when i appeal http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00zkz1k/features/private-parking

from above comments gives the impression they must write to me within 14 days of issuing the ticket weather i appeal or not.

can someone clarify please

No, as they put ticket on your car it is for them to write to the keeper of the vehicle within 14 days and offer them the opportunity to identify driver at the time. If the keeper doesnt identify driver then parking co can chase keeper for the money.

No letter within that time and they cannot chase the keeper, only the driver and they have to identify that person-not guess or presume who it is but prove it..

Also insufficient ignage to form contract so they dont have a hope in hell of taking it forther with any liklihood of success. If you do get a demand through the post complain to the DVLA about the misuse of your data as there is no good reason for them obtaining keepers address etc. If the DVLA give you the brush off then an official complaint to the Information Commissioner would be in order as these people arent BPA members and there is plenty more wrong with the claim.

For a windscreen ticket(NTD), they have to wait 28 days before getting reg keeper details, and sending a NTK.

14 days is for anpr tickets....

For a windscreen ticket(NTD), they have to wait 28 days before getting reg keeper details, and sending a NTK.

14 days is for anpr tickets....

does that mean then lodge an appeal before the 18th? if they get 28 days, because obviously if i wait to see if they do respond within the 28 day it will take it past the 14 day cheaper payment option.

Also there website is full of errors and doesnt actually show any logo's of the BPA or anything. should they? it is written that they are part of BPA but no other credentials is displayed

If you are going to pay up then do so but why should they get a penny you dont actually owe.

Write to them and deny owing them anything because of a lack of a contract for you to consider and that if they disagree them provide a POPLA reference number. What they say is of little importance, get the POPLA ref No and take the matter up there, it will cost them money

They quote 14 days on their invoice because they hope that you will appeal and give your name and address to them-saving them the £2.50+ that it costs them to get reg keeper details.

As ericsbrother says, why should a discount matter on money that you don't owe and that they have no right to claim from you...

no i dont want to pay anything to them, if aqnyone should pay it should be the gaffer who told me to park there. Also the way i see it is i did not agree to any contract, i have not signed a contract, ticked a box or even verbally agreed. It was dark and the signage was not adequately visible.

Ive just noticed on the picture of the actual sign mistakes. so surely that "voids" a contract, on the sign it states "term and conditio" - misspelt and also "no waiting permited" - misspelt i know im being pedantic and my spelling isnt the best either, but if they are trying to force a contract on me surely the signage must be fit for purpose otherwise does not hold ground. Another mistake ive noticed is "£60 is payment is RECIEVED" - again misspelt, then if i had a disibility i would say the wording isnt pleasant "motorcycles and disabled are not exempt bit blunt just saying "Disabled"

have a look again at the picture. The signage is all horrible and littered with mistakes, the website is the same i dont find them a credible company surely that could be an arguement as well if they did try and persue.

So you all suggest - ignore it wait for a letter through the post, then appeal if rejected do popla.

cheers so far guys

no i dont want to pay anything to them, if aqnyone should pay it should be the gaffer

No one should pay this,if however you get any money off the gaffer

CAG would only be too happy to recive it

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

cheers for all the help guys, i had also put it on another website that deals with PCN's everyones been great

one person has just spotted something which means its voided :D look at date of issue, i wasnt the registered keeper then i only purchased in August :)