Car Craft complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had far too many problems with carcraft.. the email below is sent to the cheif executive customer service and my finance company. (ignore grammar or spelling mistakes lol)

Dear Noel and any other contact to have received this email.

I am going to keep this email short but straight to the point. I will give you as much information for you to get the relevant information.

I purchased an Alfa Romeo Mito from you in May 2012, registration of YE09 PXP, to which the tracking was not corrected when promises was made. The car had to come back to you pretty soon, for a week for the tracking to be fixed.

I took the car and the repair had not been done. So I took it back to Carcraft in Leeds which they took a look and tried to repair the tracking again. They failed.

I was having to call your showroom umpteen times in a week regarding the problem and it could never be fixed.

It came to the MOT resulting in the car failing because of a track rod being broke and having excessive wear. This was fixed and passed the MOT but the tracking was not.

The cars electrics then started to fail, the windows would not drop properly causing the door not to shut. The windows would drop down and not close at all. Not only that, a extremely loud noise was coming from the engine every time I accelerated. Your service department could not even fix that problem. All they did was oiled the windows up and hoped for the best.

Bearing in mind that at least EVERY 4 weeks I was having to change the passenger side tyres because of the tracking.

After many of phone calls to your head office, showroom, service department and my finance company, they all agreed that I could rather have a full refund on the payments I had made so far or choose another car.

I gave you all the benefit of the doubt and just put it down to the car being faulty.

So in July 2013, I changed to a Mini Cooper, registration of DA59 PYZ. Since having this car I have been a happy customer and really liked the car I took. I understand that Carcraft have a certain warranty which I took being the 'Drive Happy Package' meaning that I had to have the car serviced within the first 6 months or 6,000 miles.

I booked the Mini in and it had its service which came back fine apart from them having to take the car back as they had massed around with the computer causing the advisory gear change to disappear. Now around three weeks ago the service light came up on the Mini. So I booked the car in on Tuesday the 28th January 2014 to have the light turned off. This was fine, again apart from the advisory gear change disappearing.

The following week and half, a light bulb warning light appears on my dash board warning me that a bulb has gone out. I checked all the bulbs, wires and even replaced them. This was not the problem as the light was on everytime I started up the car.

The service light has come on again advising me that a service is due in so many miles.

So I had booked the car to go back in for the service light to be switched back off and the light bulb warning light to be checked tomorrow 12/02/2014 at 15:30pm.

As I collected my partner from work last night 10/02/2014, a RED warning light appeared on the screen along with a picture of my mini on ramps advising me that I need to pull over ASAP and get urgent help.

I looked at the book for the car and it explains that it is the electronics of the car have failed and not to drive the car.

I am sure if you take a look back at all the notes of my previous car the amount of times I have been back and forth for the car to be fixed, this is the VERY last thing that I need having a new car from you.

I called your head office and spoke to a very unpleasant, unprofessional, arrogant man. He would not have my car booked in earlier tomorrow nor would he let me explain anything without him butting in and being arrogant with me. I asked to speak to meghan as she is the one I have dealt with through out the appalling service I have received and still receiving. I was told that I was not allowed to speak to her until I have spoken to this man.

In the end, my car is booked in tomorrow at half past eight in the morning and I would receive a phone call from Meghan.

In the meantime, I was on the phone to my finance company explaining what has gone on in the past and what is still happening. They have advised me that I should ask you and your finance department to get the ball rolling in regards to a full refund.

I had to call back up five hours later to speak to Meghan to which she was so upset for me knowing what I have been though with the previous car.

I have explained to her that I am not going through all of this again and that I am wanting to go for the full refund option.

I am to await the outcome tomorrow for the car to then decide what to do.

I just want to make you aware that having this problem now happen to me on my second car, that I am not a very happy or satisfied customer. The goods are faulty which are within your 12 Month guarantee. I have also been in contact again with trading standards and they are going to look further into your company to resolve the sale of faulty goods.

They have also advised me to spend under £100 to take you to the small claims court to get the full refund back.

You are the last resort and I want this sorting. Along with some form of compensation having all the troubles I have had with the cars from your company and your company in general.

I am extremely in utter disgust at the whole situation and I am wanting the full refund along with a good compensation.

I expect a reply back from you by the end of tomorrow 12/02/1014 with a resolution to the problems I have had.

I have also sent this to Carcraft Customer Services along with my finance team (Hayley Boyes and Charlotte)

SINCE THEN... I rang the RAC out to come tow the car to carcraft as I did not want to risk driving it on the motorway to carcraft. Although being advised by meghan at head office if the car seems ok to drive then theres no need to tow it, just dont use it excessively. RAC got in contact with carcraft which they told the mechanic not to tow the car, just to find out the problem and fix it on the road side. Which i was NOT impressed with!!

So i had to drive a faulty car, not known to me nor any other driver on the road what could of happened if the electrics had failed whilst driving at a high speed constant flowing pace.

I arrived at carcraft in leeds and asked to speak to the manager. I got the service manager. So I had a rant with him telling him I am not happy that I am having to come again because of another fault on another car, to which i gave them the benefit of the doubt previously by taking the new car.

I then walked into the showroom and I had it out with the manager, who was very rude, arrogant and unhelpful.

I WARN YOU ALL.. DO NOT EVER GET A CAR FROM CARCRAFT!!! AS SOON AS I RECEIVE MY FULL REFUND I WILL NOT BE SETTING FOOT IN THAT PLACE AGAIN!!!!

I WILL BE SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE AS I HAVE ALREADY HAD THE SAY SO FROM TRADING STANDARDS AND THE HIGH COURT THAT THIS CLAIM WILL PASS WITH FLYING COLOURS..

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hi TayneThe company is fully aware of this complaint (and received the above and have been in correspondence since) and are looking into this for you - they will be in touch once the vehicle has been to BMW on Monday. Many thanksLinzi

just avoid buying Italian cars and stick to the germans

If you are going to slag off a particular marque on here, it maybe good to give us your reasons/experiences. Most people who slate Italian cars have never even driven one so can you enlighten us please?

Had a fiat uno, a fiat tipo, a fiat punto, and a fiat 600. Also had a alfa 156.

All gone to the scrapyard for various manufacturing defects, i.e. rust, engines blowing, electrics going bananas etc. etc..

Since i started buying vw and audi i never had a single problem.

And I've always been a bit mental about keeping cars in mint conditions with over the top maintenance and body care.

Ok, well i've owned;

Fiat 127 1050cl

Fiat Strada 65cl

Fiat Mirafiori cl

Fiat Supermirafiori (had door corrosion but fixed under warranty even though it was out of warranty)

Fiat X1/9 VS

Fiat Uno 75 cl

Fiat Uno SX

Fiat Regatta (had probs with this one)

Fiat Uno Turbo (suffered seized turbo but was fixed under warranty)

Fiat Fiorino (van)

Fiat Punto Cabrio

Fiat Bravo HGT

Fiat Coupe 16v

Fiat Punto HGT (Still got this which is now 14 years old)

Alfa Romeo 159 JTS Q4 3.2 Lusso (Current)

Out of all the above, I can honestly say I have only had no problems other than the ones I have indicated. Yes most cars were bought brand new and I only kept them a couple of years each but my current Fiat was bought new in March 2000 (Punto HGT) and still runs like new with no rattles, squeaks or knocks and apart from a cam belt change, there has been no Major bills. Its just coming up to of done 75k.

I also have an Alfa which is the first one i've owned and it is a beaut... not just in looks but how it drives.

And regards a Fiat 600... are you sure you owned one? They haven't existed for quite a while now. Plus I doubt your Tipo or Punto had rust as both these were bulit with all the exterior panels being galvanized.

I think I am qualified to say that I would always recommend Fiat for value for money when buying a family car BUT having only owned the Alfa since the end of last October, i'll get back to you on that. :-)

Edited by sailor sam
Added info

You're lucky!

I was referring to the new 600, known to non italian speakers as 'seicento': a proper scrap from the day it left the factory!

Made of recycled chopped tomatoes tins.

Really, you can't compare fiat with vw, unless you never drove a vw, then you don't know.

On autobahn last December 135mph clocked on the gps with my 1998passat 1.8T.

Not a single shake, noise, vibration or else.

It was like being on a bullet train.

Try doing that in a fiat!

You're lucky!

I was referring to the new 600, known to non italian speakers as 'seicento': a proper scrap from the day it left the factory!

Made of recycled chopped tomatoes tins.

Really, you can't compare fiat with vw, unless you never drove a vw, then you don't know.

On autobahn last December 135mph clocked on the gps with my 1998passat 1.8T.

Not a single shake, noise, vibration or else.

It was like being on a bullet train.

Try doing that in a fiat!

Oh dear... easy! My Uno Turbo easily achieved that, so did my Bravo HGT, my Coupe and even my current Punto HGT which is a 1.8.

And yes, I have driven VW and would agree that they are up there with Fiat. Try researching the manufacturer with most European Car of the year awards...:nod:

I'm not disputing that they go fast, they indeed do, especially the 'widow maker' uno turbo, 1500 pounds in weight with a turbo charged rally engine.

But how safe are they?

The punto gt i had would rattle and shake just passed the 70mph.

I never, ever pushed it over 100mph because it felt like it was gonna disintegrate.

My brother had an head on collision in a tipo against a vw polo (old model).

The polo had a broken front bumper, the tipo was a complete write off.

The engine had slid under the car by 6 inches.

The insurance didn't want to pay because they said that the damage to the two cars was not consistent.

:-D

I'm not disputing that they go fast, they indeed do, especially the 'widow maker' uno turbo, 1500 pounds in weight with a turbo charged rally engine.

But how safe are they?

The punto gt i had would rattle and shake just passed the 70mph.

I never, ever pushed it over 100mph because it felt like it was gonna disintegrate.

My brother had an head on collision in a tipo against a vw polo (old model).

The polo had a broken front bumper, the tipo was a complete write off.

The engine had slid under the car by 6 inches.

The insurance didn't want to pay because they said that the damage to the two cars was not consistent.

:-D

Like I said, my (almost) 14 year old Punto HGT still drives like it's less than a couple of years old. Only the state of the driver's seat let's it down where my fat backside has rubbed against it getting in and out over the years.

And, I presume you know of the Tipo's crumple zone?

yes, we came across the crumple zone excuse when the insurance didn't want to pay my brother.

Good one at the time, the insurance believed it.

My brother not that much as he broke the windscreen with his head (no seatbelt, doh!) and had to scrap the car.

The uninjured vw driver drove his car home with some cable ties holding the bumper.

To be fair though he was wearing the seatbelt.

I don't think you can be persuaded that fiats are not the best cars ever built, so no point arguing.

My father is another fiat believer.

Always had fiats and he's best mate with a mechanic who has fixed his cars for 40 years, almost on a daily basis :-D

But he insists that fiats are the best.

yes, we came across the crumple zone excuse when the insurance didn't want to pay my brother.

Good one at the time, the insurance believed it.

My brother not that much as he broke the windscreen with his head (no seatbelt, doh!) and had to scrap the car.

The uninjured vw driver drove his car home with some cable ties holding the bumper.

To be fair though he was wearing the seatbelt.

I don't think you can be persuaded that fiats are not the best cars ever built, so no point arguing.

My father is another fiat believer.

Always had fiats and he's best mate with a mechanic who has fixed his cars for 40 years, almost on a daily basis :-D

But he insists that fiats are the best.

Lol, i'm not saying any such thing. I am merely correcting you in that both Fiat and Alfa are not cars to be avoided.

I used to work in a Fiat/Alfa dealership in the mid 90's when yes, there were issues with Alfa but not so with Fiat. Fiat has come a long way since the corrosion years and the current range is pretty much as good as anything else for the same money. And since around 2003, Alfa has also made progress when the whole range was re-vamped. I personally am disappointed with the fact that they have not replaced models like the 159, Brera and Spider although I suspect that there are new modes in the pipe line. Remember, Jeremy Clarkson states; "you are not a true petrol head until you've driven an Alfa Romeo".

And on that bomb-shell, i'll bid you goodnight! :yo:

Edited by sailor sam
Spelling

I think all manufacturers go through bad patches, the Italians seemed to suffer worst than most but lets look to the future and what we will be saying about Toyota eh? Multiple recalls in the last couple of years and we ain't talking a few thousand but millions. What does that say?

In truth, both Alfa and Fiat have produced some fabulous cars, ground breaking cars, new cars modelled on historic designs and some absolute classics. The Alfa V6 is an engine to die for and are some of the car designs. Fiat had the 124 sport in the 70's. God I'd like one of them.

But half the problem these days is not the cars but the dealers and aftermarket who sell them. Cars go wrong, it is inevitable. If you want reliability figures find out who are worse......you'd be surprised but it's the higher end of the market.

As pointed out in an earlier call for help, you need to compare like for like data for reliability as it throws up some interesting results.

Anyway this sort of gets away from the OP's original question where the OP seems to have lost the plot.

Linzi will probably sort it out but I think the OP might have burnt his bridges here.

I'll go along with that Helio, but I think that unless CC have Alfa trained technicians, the OP's Mito should of gone to an Alfa dealership. Sounds to me like it may have even had some Alfa warranty left on it. But on the other hand, it sounds like it's had a front end "knock" of some sort which would need explaining by CC. Highly unlikely that a track rod being broke and having excessive wear would exist on a car which may be less than 3 years old unless it has some 'unpleasant' history.

But in any event, you hit the nail on the head about aftermarket sales, especially with newer cars. Alfa's need to be maintained correctly (as you no doubt know) mainly because of their oil consumption.

• 1 month later...

I took an alfa mito in 2012. It was faulty and was promised it would be fixed...

They could not fix it and it failed the mot because of it. I put my foot down and made them very aware that the next time the car had to go in their garage, was the last.

It had to go back again because of a noise on the engine..

They offered me a replacement. But that was made difficult. Again i put my foot down and told them i was having a mini cooper.

I took the mini finally in july 2013... This car had not been checked, neither had it had a service and when it went for its service in november 2013. The back tyre tread was low.

I took it back in jan 2014 to have the service light taken off. They failed and caused many many problems to the car system.

After fighting and arguing with carcraft. They refunded me my warranty of £1995

i am now laughing. I picked up my brand new 2014 plate citroen ds3 and i pay a hell of alot less than i did with them cow boys!!

Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take them to court! Speak to trading standards they will help alot. Speak to the fla and the omudsman!!

Speak to meghan in customer services and be consistant!!

Edited by ims21

Guys!!

I no longer have either cars! They finally did some what customer service! I got £1995 back and i now own a brand new 14 plate car for a lot less a month over three years and!!!!!! Fully covered warranty for the three years!!! Up yours carcraft!

Just for the benefit of balance, I'm sure two sales out of thousands doesn't mean all cars sold by them are faulty. Yes you've been unlucky and had bad service too, but to make a claim like that is absurd.

Just for the benefit of balance, I'm sure two sales out of thousands doesn't mean all cars sold by them are faulty. Yes you've been unlucky and had bad service too, but to make a claim like that is absurd.

i think youll find that when you search the net with complaints from carcraft... id say 98% would agree with me with their own cars having problems from point of sale!

No claims have been made. Its all true.

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Each case is treated as an individual and is dealt with based on the many different factors at play. We will always try our best to help a customer wherever we can but unfortunately, there will always be cases where a mutual resolution cannot be reached.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks