Problematic car bought from a garage.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys,

So I am posting this on behalf of a friend.

So just over 2 months ago he bought a Pug 206 on a 53 plate from a local "dealership," (a little allotment and sing garage between two houses.) He has had nothing but problems with it and I want to know were he stands.

So the car was bought with approx 90K miles on it for £1100 and it was in average condition a few marks and dents here and there but nothing to major.

So anyway here are the problems that he has had;

1) The seller put it in for an "MOT," and it passed with no advisories but it had a tire with .6mm depth, crack in the tire wall and no reverse light, he only noticed the tire after buying it and I got to admit I didn't see it either as I was there with him. (Cost £29 too put right)

2) Both doors check straps had disintegrated after about a week of owning it. Meaning that the doors could swing freely (Cost £90 to get put right.)

3) As of about two days ago his check engine light came on and it turns out his fuel injector has failed and causing it to loose power. (Cost £65 for diagnosis and £220 for the repair and oil change)

So far he has had to spend in excess of £400 to put all this right and it has been driven for about 1000 miles over this two months.

He isn't too fussed about getting the money back for the first two issues but he wants to try and get some money back to cover the cost of the injectors as they should have been serviced and noted before sale to say they may need replacing.

So any help would be appreciated and I shall pass it on and keep the thread updated.

Cheers guys.

Hi PIXeL_92, was there any service history with the car? Have you checked the MOT on the DVLA site? You wiil need the reg. no. and the last MOT no.

This will give you an insight into what's been done to it for MOT and you can check the mileage.

Door straps are common on 206 and the injectors do wear out.

Injectors would never be taken out and serviced before a sale of a car unles they were already causing a problem.

There not something that comes under a service.

Unfortunatly if the car was running fine with no problems then an injector is just going to be wear and tear as there is no way of knowing when one is going to fail.