• Tweets

• Sorry I didn’t think to come and update this.    So the outcome was that he went to court. Apparently the judge told the landlord off for not sending a letter before action but did nothing about it. He didn’t accept all the damages the landlord claimed, and told him off for accusing my friend of deliberately and maliciously damaging anything, and he awarded him small amounts of the damages he claimed for. The landlord had also made an awful lot of things up that never existed and accused my friend of stealing them, and the judge didn’t accept any of those claims.   However, I’m back asking advice now. So he made an offer of payment via the court forms, sometime before Christmas and straight after the hearing. The landlord didn’t reply so the court accepted the payments.  My friend has been paying the £10 a month each month. Then a couple of days ago he had received a letter from court with a hearing date in a couple of weeks, and a very irate letter from the landlord saying that my friend has consistently lied and that nothing he says should be believed, and that he wants the bailiffs to be called on him and that he absolutely refuses the payment plan. The letter is marked as received by the courts in December and this is the first that’s been sent since then. My friend and his wife are now panicked, what does this mean? And can they now get bailiffs sent round? He earns an ok wage, which somehow the landlord has referred to in his letter, but he equally has a lot of expenditure and can’t afford to pay any more. What will happen at this hearing and can they send out the bailiffs just because the landlord wants them to?    I have no clue what to advise him, can you help at all please?
    • Thanks Bank – I took your cynicism / experience on board and responded thus: Thank you for your response Mr Schnur  I set out my position quite clearly in my letter of claim and nothing has changed. Your insurance requirement is unlawful and is contrary to section 57 of the Consumer Rights Act, and also section 72 of the same statute. I would also refer you to the outcomes in PENCHEV v P2G (225MC852) and SMIRNOVS v P2G (27MC729).  My deadline for action - 1 May 2024 - still stands.
    • The other thing is that you are making a big mistake imagining that they are at all concerned about wasting court costs et cetera. They are only concerned about being obstructive and discouraging others.  
    • I have dad's last will from 2019 which mentions the trust. I am in the process of going through probate as the only thing that needs probate is a couple of shares he has (under £3000).  Speaking to my brother and my dad's wife they wouldn't mind going with another solicitor if we need to pay extra for the trust.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

User Guide & Contacts Link

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apparently this number is no longer valid

Save yourselves the trouble of fighting your way up the hierarchy of the Lloyds complaints process.

The number of their complaints department in Birmingham is:-

00 44 121 600 3222

This is not a number which is normally given out to the public. You may well be asked where you got the number from as this department does not normally deal directly with the public.

Say that you got the number from another LLoyds department and then get on with your complaint. (This is how the number was originally obtained anyway.) You will have saved many days of grueling telephone work by using this number.

You can get directly to the Lloyds complaints department using

[email protected]

Also it is fairly easy to work out the email addresses of individuals as it is:

[email protected]

If your email is not returned to you "undeliverable" it means that you have scored a hit.

The lower orders of Lloyds Bank staff do not seem to have email addresses.

• 2 months later...

Herewith the address for the Lloyds TSB Customer Scare centre for anyone unable to locate it on their web site (it's well hidden and looks like they don't want you to find it!)

Customer Care, Lloyds TSB, 125 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 3SF.

Elsewhere on their site they suggest you can write to the address at the top of your statement.

Happy scribling...

• 1 month later...
Guest Lueeze

loyds Bank PLC

Penny Berryman

Senior Manager

Data Protection Dept.

Chiswell Street

48, Chiswell Street

London EC1Y 4XX

• 3 weeks later...
  • Confused 2

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know - 125 Colmore Row is NOT the Colmore Row branch of Lloyds TSB. (125 is across the street and has a Glass revolving door.)

E.I.Addyo

Prelim Letter Sent 12th June 06

LBA Hand Delivered 23rd June 06 - Standard Responses.

Owed £2193.80

Court Questionnaire Completed.

S.C.& M AQ Received..........19th Sept 06

Pending Court Date

This is MY MONEY - I want it back !

Here is a direct telephone number for TSB, it is the department dealing directly with issueing copy statements. I got a phone call from them yesterday to advise my statements were getting printed but they were very busy, so busy I think this department has just been set up because of people claiming back charges :)

No is 0121 633 5411.

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8

I sent it off on 25th May to:

Lloyds TSB

71 Lombard Street

London

EC 3BS

I got a letter back stating since I moved house I would need to pick up the statements from a local branch. I assume they have redirected internally. My experience so far with them has been quite good compared to other banks I am dealing with. A women called Gail called me to ask for my cc number and the number I posted was the number she gave me direct.

Hope this helps.

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8

Mandy Horton,

Assistant Manager

Customer Care,

Lloyds TSB,

125 Colmore Row,

Birmingham

B3 3SF.

OR

Chris Brown

Copy Statement Unit

Swallow House

PO BOX 139

10, Swallow Street

Birmingham

B1 2AL

0121 633 5452

• Confused 5

COME ON LLOYDS WERE IS UR CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

PAY THE NICE PEOPLE OF CAG THER MONEY

SO FAR:

LLOYDS TSB:

29/05/06, - Data Protection Act sent

15/06/06, - Staements recived

19/06/06, 10:00 - Phoned Copy Statement Unit(0121 633 5452) - told them they didnt send full statements.

19/06/06, 11:00 - Call From Copy Staement Unit, Sending ALL Statements again INCLUDING the missing 3 Years.

24/06/06, - Statements recived

27/06/06, - Prelim Sent

03/07/06, - Standed Letter recived - LBA SENT

05/07/06, - More Statements recived

[email protected]

Well I just sent my claim for charges letter back to Chris Brown Swallow House where my statements came from, only for it to be returned with a message "address gone away!!" Anyone else had this?

This is the person dealing with my request:

Ms Janet Ayres

DSAR Team

C49 / TNT 25

Charlton Place

Andover

SP10 1RE

She's from the actual Data protection team. I eventually got a reply from her after writing to Penny Berryman to complain at no response within 40 days.

• Confused 1

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

Thought I'd add my contact into the mix.. sent my original prelim to my branch, got reply from:

Ms Musarat Siddique

Customer Service Recovery Centre

3rd Floor

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

Tel 0121 600 3623

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

Hi

I too have had a returned letter from Royal Mail sent to Copy Statement Unit in Birmingham, have just spoken to that Department and they have said not to put the PO Box Number in the address and it will reach them, so this is what it should read

Chris Brown

Lloyds TSB

Copy Statement Unit

Swallow House

10 Swallow Street

Birmingham

B1 2AL

Hope this helps, looking forward to seeing some of you at the party on Sat

• 2 weeks later...

Another useful address for credit cards queries.

Lloyds/TSB card services

Sussex House

1-9 Gloucester Place

Brighton

BN1 4BE

Tel 0800 096 8687

• Haha 1

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

If you have any update on, or additions to, these contacts -PLEASE contact a Moderator for inclusion / amendment.

Neal Lucas has been made Director of the Customer Service Recovery Centre.

neal.lucas@Lloyds TSB.co.uk (unconfirmed)

A definite contact within Lloyds TSB's CSRC would be

andy.brown@Lloyds TSB.co.uk

[email protected]

and

[email protected] ( Senior Manager )

Can these people introduce some sanity and decency into Lloyds bank?

I have me doubts

Telephone number for Lloyds Collection Dept in Brighton. Direct Line

0870 2424763

Personal banking team in Solent is 01498 865431.

Jenny.Walker@Lloyds TSB.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

hi & help

I have sent my letter for request of statements which I received from Swallow House

P.O.Box 139, 10 swallow Street, birmingham, B1 2AL

I am about to send my premilary Letter but where do I send this letter to.

deb

details provided by photoman

Buisness accounts

Service Recovery Service Centre,

125 Colmore Row,

Birmingham, B3 3SF

Customer Support

Business Banking

Springfield House

45 Welsh Back

Bristol

BS1 4AG

Tel: 0117 918 1692

Fax: 0117 918 1613

DX 78180 Bristol

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted by davegraham
Customer Services

Tel no 0121 600 3547 contact name Viv Lomas customer Service Advisor.

Originally Posted by fastpass

Lloyds TSB Private Banking Limited is regulated by the Financial Services Authority and a signatory to the Banking Code. Registered in England and Wales no. 2019697. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Telephone 01444 459 144, facsimile 01444 418 347.

Please PM a moderator if you have any contact details for Lloyds that are not already here.

All posts that did not contain contact details for Lloyds have been deleted from this thread

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 months later...

This User Guide is Now Out Of Date

Click Here For The New Version

Click Here For Bank Contact Addresses etc

MANY THANKS

RDM2006 (AKA Givitus Allback)

• Haha 1

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks