What now? (Work Programme)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey again everyone.

I attended an appointment with my "lovely" adviser Mo yesterday who wasn't all that bothered I didn't manage to get an interview in 10 days like he asked me to but I told him I'm moving up north and he has took it upon himself to push [me] even harder to find a job so I cant move away (and no doubt so he gets the credit and commission), which I find awful as I dont want to live here anymore as its a dead end place and I hate it.

He has made an appointment to see me again this Thursday to ring places and do a job search there - what is the point of this? I do a very good job search at home and everyone has been blown away by how good it is when I go to sign and I also ring a few places to inquire about possible vacancies per week - so what the hell is the point in all this? He isnt doing anything to help me, it seems like he is struggling to think of anything to do with me and I don't appreciate him pushing me to get a job here when he knows I want to move and start a new life somewhere else - somewhere I have the option to take on P/T as well as F/T work - more option than here as I can only do F/T if I stay! I really wish I could get rid of him as he is pretty useless but thinks he is the dogs doodahs! He is only standing in for my usual adviser who is off sick and has been for a month!

Another thing that made me "lol", he gave me a pile of papers yesterday, which were jobs to apply for, and sandwiched in-between was a letter to a completely different person with their name, address and such private information on. Now I have someone elses details and this other person wont receive this important letter. Incompetent!!!

Another thing that made me "lol", he gave me a pile of papers yesterday, which were jobs to apply for, and sandwiched in-between was a letter to a completely different person with their name, address and such private information on. Now I have someone elses details and this other person wont receive this important letter. Incompetent!!!

Here is what I would do:

Pen a Freedom of Information request to the DWP asking how many breaches of client confidentiality have been reported, enclosing a photocopy of this letter as part of the background info for your request.

Then write a separate letter to:

Head of Work Programmes

Department for Work and Pensions

Level 4

Steel City House

56 West Street

Sheffield

S1 2GQ

Again, enclose a copy of this letter and ask the DWP what steps they intend to take to ensure that a similar thing does not happen to you.

Sit back and watch the s*** hit the fan.

You might want to forward the letter on to it's intended recipient along with a covering note. Then bill the WP provider for the cost of postage & envelope.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Can you not do that Job Search in the area you're moving to?

Just pop in the location of your new home into the search engines and contact employers there, might give you a little bit of a head start, I ended up moving to our new place (over 300 miles away) 8 weeks before the rest of my family and commuting at weekends when I was offered a job close to my new address.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.