melsy784

Garage overcharging now placed a lien on vehicle !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2087 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I sent my van to be repaired at a local garage and he has sent a bill that is almost double the dealer quote. They have done no extra work and are quite clearly trying to rip me off.

When I've disputed the bill they've said they are placing a lien and charging storage until I pay. the storage charges are hidden in the garages t&c on the website which I didn't no existed until he sent the storage bill.

I understand I should pay under protest then reclaim but I've found out the owner is bankrupt and the garage is I liquidation therefore I'm reluctant to pay the full amount as there's little chance I would get any money returned if I took the matter to small claims court and won.

Could I pay him the amount I think is right ie the amount the dealer quoted and then issue proceedings for release of the vehicle ???

Any help great fully received

The garage is in liquidation, so if they seize their assets they will impound your van as well.

At that point I believe you could claim it back by proving it belongs to you, but I'm not sure so someone more knowledge should confirm.

Personally, and that's me, I would pay them and take the van away, then do a chargeback.

Hello there,

Do you know who the liquidators are?