suemo63

Disability Discrimination Act

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2076 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi not sure if this is in the right place but hope someone can advise me. I have had problems with vodafone and asked for a large print version of the complaints procedure last May. I thought that the act covers this as in as a service provider and I'm a service user they should oblige. I've kind if just received it last Tuesday but if I can want to take this further. They have no regard for people with sight problems, just state they will help. I'm registered blind. HELP if anyone can

Does anyone know if you can challenge a company if they don't help with a matter when you have tried for 8 months to sort it. Large print version of the complaints procedure?

Hi Suemo,

This is covered by the Equality Act since 2010. The document you need is :

Equality Act 2010 Code of Practice,

Services, public functions and associations,

Statutory Code of Practice

Chapter 7 is the one and it does contain examples about alternative formats.

What is the actual complaint?

Hi I had issues since Nov 2012 with an ecruption problem their end with my card. To cut a long story short I sent emails and made phone calls but got know here. Anyway I asked for the procedure in large print. I even rang the supposed number for disabled people 33222 (from your mobile) last May. Spoke to a few people as no one knew how to get me one, even though they state they will. A man said he'd send one in May but it would take a few weeks.

I waited and waited, nothing. Tried again January and same thing again emails, phone calls and face booked to ask. Finally as I said I would take matter further they send one out. I want to see if this can be challenged as they state they can provide it but I have had an horrendous time and some really insulting people to deal with. Any suggestions?

Well it sounds like the original complaint is not disability related, but the process of resolving it seems to have taken far too for reasons related to disability. It shows they either lacked alternative formats, or staff training issues.

When you say you want to take it further are you thinking as a disability issue, or your original complaint?

Taking the disability element forward I guess you would need to show that you have suffered 'substantial disadvantage' - i.e. not been able to resolve your original complaint. The process of getting to this point may yield some 'loss' but I guess if you have been treated badly it will be injury to feelings based? You will need all your records if you want to pursue it.

I should point out I am not a legal eagle and if you want to pursue this avenue you should get proper advice.

:suemo63:

All the disability discrimination legislation has been replaced by the Equality Act 2010. I've no personal experience of using it, but the link below seems as good a place as any to start.

http://www.rnib.org.uk/livingwithsightloss/yourrights/equalityact/Pages/equality_act_toolkit_service_providers.aspx

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

Hi sue

I think you'll need to pursue a complaint with Vodafone first, to demonstrate that they've had an opportunity to put matters right.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/accessibility-services/

There is also a Vodafone rep on this site who can look into your complaint.

• Haha 1

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Hi suemo63,

I'm sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with the level of service you've received.

So I can get the concerns you've raised looked into further, could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Does anyone know if you can challenge a company if they don't help with a matter when you have tried for 8 months to sort it. Large print version of the complaints procedure?

Yes you can. It is reasonable to expect an employer to provide a large print version of a complaints procedure to someone with impaired vision or to provide some form of magnified viewer to allow you to read the text. 8 months is too long. Make a complaint to your companies Human Resources department.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

There is also another option for employers and it doesn't cost that much.

A wireless mouse type image magnifier which you roll over a page and the magnified image is put on a TV or monitor screen. These cost around £75 and then your employer would not have to supply anything in large print

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE