Interia Products Limited - ignoring my SOGA claim - Faulty Range Cooker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

purchased a Range cooker (gas + electric) in June 2012. After about 9 months the central ring started playing up and they sent out an engineer a few times as it would start working and then stop again.

After about 15 months the oven/grill selector switch burned out.

We purchased the item for £500 and the retailers answer was pretty much what can you expect for £500? I believe that there is some element of the Sale of Goods that says items must last a 'reasonable amount of time' in accordance to the price paid. I'd deem something for £500 to last more than 15 months!

I sent the below after doing some research on the internet:

Complaint about faulty goods

I bought from you on 11th July 2012 a Chefmaster Range Cooker with accessories for £586.

I now find the goods have the following faults:

1. Faulty oven/grill selector switch

2. Faulty central burner

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be of satisfactory quality. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you provide me with a replacement.

I have made several attempts via telephone call to resolve this matter but have not been able to. This has been an ongoing matter for the last 7 to 8 weeks. Prior to this we’ve already have several engineer visits in order to attempt to resolve an inoperable central burner ring.

I look forward to receiving your satisfactory proposals for settlement of my claim within seven days of the date of this letter.

Yours faithfully

Letter was sent recorded post a few weeks ago so the time for them to act has elapsed. My question is - can I proceed with a Moneyclaim online for the amount or is there something else I can do? Quite happy to do the former by paying the fees etc.

Thanks for your help all :)

you are quite right

name and shame the retailer please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you are quite right

name and shame the retailer please

dx

Sorry...... do you think I should press ahead with the Moneyclaim? Any 'technical' terms I need to include in there as I've never done one before. I guess beyond this, if they contest it, I'll need to furnish the relevant legal stuff to the judge as in my experience (in parking cases) they are not very clued up on everything.

Retailer is:

Interia Products Limited

Potters Lane

Wednesbury

WS10 7LH

in any even you wold need to issue them with a 14 day letter before action.

I've changed the thread title

try to find a twitter feed to embarrass them into action.

once they know its on a consumer forum

companies typically respond quickly.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your help :)

I've not found any type of twitter feed etc aside from a Fecebook page where I've posted a simple "please be wary of purchasing from Interia. Currently trying to claim money back under Sale of Goods Act"

I have found a template for a 'Letter before Action' but it's geared more towards bank etc. Is there a template in existence for Moneyclaims?

Thanks again

Jai

there are threads here with soga orientated LBA's

how about ceo emailing

dx

and they

Hi jaipal

Have you got any e-mails regarding your complaints from Interia Products Limited? How did you pay for the Range Cooker?

Hi - no emails sent/received. They are a local business so mainly all over the phone. It was paid for on a Visa debit card.

Trawled some threads but still struggling to find a SOGA LBA ... will keep looking

dx100uk - tried most avenues of contact but not that one - not sure who the CEO is or how to get a hold of him.

Hi

The only name I can find is Kerry Delaney who is a director and is listed as still being active as a director

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

The only name I can find is Kerry Delaney who is a director and is listed as still being active as a director

Cheers for that silverfox - to be honest as it's been floating around for a while I'd rather just follow up with an LBA and then progress to court stage. Wife is moaning at me due to not being able to bake in the oven!! :)

I just need a suitable LBA now

A simple letter stating that as they have previously ignored your representations you formally give them 14 days to resolve your dispute. If they choose to ignore the letter then you will file court papers with no further recourse to them.

There is no dedicated template letter as each situation is unique so you will have to do your own. By all means post it up here for a critique and then send it by RM Signed For to ensure you have proof they received it.

Some companies will react to a LBA but others don't think you are serious until the court claim hits their mat.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks mate - here's what I've quickly knocked up...

Interia Products Limited

Potters Lane

Wednesbury

WS10 7LH

3rd January 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

Letter Before Court Action

Further to the letter sent to yourselves on the 3rd January giving you seven days to propose resolution, I have had no contact from yourselves.

I wish to inform you that should no proposals be forthcoming within 14 days from the above date, I will be proceeding with a County Court Claim against yourselves. You have failed to meet obligations as set out under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) which states goods you supply must be of satisfactory quality.

I trust this matter will be given your utmost attention.

Yours faithfully

I would make it 14 days from receipt of the letter as you will be able to check on the RM website. Otherwise short and sweet.

Forgot to add. It is unlikely that you will get a replacement as you have had 'enjoyment' of the product since 2012. They should offer a repair and if they cannot repair to offer a partial refund. It may be that they do offer a replacement gratis.

Have you contacted anyone to find out how much it would cost to repair?

I did have a qualified repair technician in but the difficulty with this is that the manufacturer has gone bust! These cookers do appear to have a known issue as my parents-in-law have the exact same one and their middle ring has also stopped working.

Unless somebody can find me a compatible selector switch it's pretty much unrepairable I think - you can 'bodge' it but as its an electrical product and I have 2 young kids I don't want to take that chance.

I'll go with the above and make the amendment you suggested on the date of receipt :)

cheers mate

In my opinion, yes. Others may disagree as they may see it as a waste of time but, I see it as trying to ensure everyone is aware.

I would be saying something like:

Dear Mrs delaney,

Please find enclosed copies of my communications with your store regarding my issues which have not been resolved with the store and of which you may be unaware of etc...

copy in the original letter and the LBA.

It can do no harm and may do some good.

• 5 months later...

Hi - the court date is schedule for September but I think they want to resolve it before then. I know they've offered my MIL a figure of £200'ish (for the same issue on a cooker she'd purchased).

Can I ask what the issue is around? Maybe we can possibly help each other out - I know they don't have a leg to stand on as retailers! Especially when I know of 2 range cookers with exactly the same fault!!

PM me if you wish :)

Cheers

you cant PM to someone under a good few post

can I suggest MM you start a new thread of your own.

dx

and they

We purchased some bathroom vanity units from their ebay site but when they arrived they are different to the picture/description. I have contacted them but they just ignore me. Just about to send a letter giving them 14 days to resolve the problem.