missmermaid

WHy has my Jobseekers cycle changed from 'cycle p' to 'cycle r'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2049 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been signing on a few weeks...last week I had my normal sign so I ended up waiting 40 mins past my appointment time one of the advisors had my book and I could see her at her desk she then called over 2 other advisors and they were all looking at the monitor screen...a few mins later she came over to me and told me my cycle had now changed from 'cycle p' to 'cycle r' and i should come in next week instead...being me i never asked why.

what is cycle p and what is cycle r?

The cycles simply determine which of the two weeks you are due to sign on. Back in the day (like, the 1970s) everyone had to sign weekly, but there were too many people for the Jobcentres to handle. So they switched to fortnightly signing, and assigned everyone to a "cycle", either P or R. Week one was P, week two was R, and then the cycles repeat.

Usually, it's based on the last two digits of your NI number. If they're even, you'll be assigned to cycle P, if odd, it will be cycle R. This shouldn't have any real effect on your claim, but you might find your next payments will be for strange amounts. It will even out over a couple of weeks and you will not lose money overall.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.