Capquest (old stat barred LLoyds debt) query

JGJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bazooka Boo,

BOOM!!

Thank you for your as usual swift advice.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

I agree a "Letter Before Action" sent by signed for post is the next srep.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I'm not aware of any legal requirement to respond to a formal complaint. What would be the legal basis for any court action?

Surely it needs to go to the ombudsman.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...
ims21,

No response from Capquest and I am still "pondering" as to what direction to take.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

I would be inclined to re send the letter, with a cover reminding the CEO of the companies obligation to reply and give a final response so that you can show FOS that you have tried and exhausted all reasonable means to resolve this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

BRIGADIER2JCS,

I think your inclination Sir, is as usual, spot on.

RM signed for del will be on it's way ASAP.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Update letter received from Capquest.

Dear

We're sorry for our delay in responding to your complaint. We're still investigating your concerns.

We'll write to you by 30 Jul 14 with our outcome.

If you have any questions or if you'd like an update, you can contact us by;

. Calling on 0333 999 7217

. Emailing us at [email protected]

.Writing to us at Templer, Templer Avenue, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6FE

We will be in touch soon.

Yours sincerely

Ms M McEvoy

Complaints Manager.

All comments/advice will be as usual greatly received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Hello All,

Dear

We're sorry for our delay in responding to your complaint. We're still investigating your concerns.

Yours sincerely

Ms M McEvoy

Complaints Manager.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Good morning JGJ,

They have 56 calendar days to investigate and respond to a Formal Complaint, time starts from the date they received it.

I would suggest sit back and wait.

This lot will "milk" the time scale even if it is not applicable!

brig.

Hello All,

Dear

Yours sincerely

Ms M McEvoy

Complaints Manager.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

I would be inclined to give them until 30th July and if you've not received a final response by then go straight to FOS.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

BRIGADIER2JCS CARO,

Thank you for your speedy responses, it is appreciated.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Edited by JGJ
Mising txt

Hello All,

Just received this response from Capquest re my official complaint and the plot thickens.

Dear

I'm sorry you're unhappy with our service.

Following your recent communication, I've had an opportunity to investigate your concerns which relate to our failure to respond to your letter dated ** february 2014. The letter was in response to Miss Ishfaq's correspondence dated ** October 2013. You have stated that the payment that we claim was made on the ** October 2010 does not appear on any of your statements and you conclude that the alleged payment is likely to have been a statutory fee for a request for documents and possibly sent to Moorcroft who failed to comply with this request. You have also stated that the account is statute barred.

Lloyds Banking Group (LBG)sold us your account on ** June 2013 with a balance of £*,***,**. We weren't aware of your outstanding concerns at this time.

My investigations reveal that we received your letter dated ** February 2014 which was referred to Miss Ishfaq to respond to, however due to Miss Ishfaq's departure from Capquest your letter was not responded to and I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Upon receipt of your letter dated * June 2014, I contacted LBG to attempt to locate the statements that had been previously ordered for you. I have now received these and enclosed them for your review. I appreciate that they do not cover the period in which the last payment was made and I have addressed this with them and await their response, however having reviewed the statements I can see that the last credit to the account was on the * March 2009, therefore your account is not statute barred.

Your account remains on hold until we receive a response from LBG surrounding further details on the payment made on the ** October 2010.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your concerns regarding our failure to respond to you. I've looked into your complaint and I agree a mistake has been made regarding this matter.

This is my final response to your complaint. I hope I've resolved your concerns, however if you remain dissatisfied you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of the date of this letter. I'm enclosing their leaflet that explains more about their services and includes their contact details.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me on 0333 999 7217

Yours Sincerely,

Miss I Baldock

Complaints Officer.

I have unequivical proof that this account is Stat Barred since July 2013 and I have all the relevant statements etc.

Someone at Capquest cannot, or does not want to read the acc. statements correctly which have been provided by LBG, for this "LEMON" alleged debt that they have got their sticky fingers on.

Over the years to date, Capquest are the 7th DCA to attempt collection.

As usual all comments/advice will be gratefully received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Hello All,

Just received this response from Capquest re my official complaint and the plot thickens.

Dear

I'm sorry you're unhappy with our service.

Following your recent communication, I've had an opportunity to investigate your concerns which relate to our failure to respond to your letter dated ** february 2014. The letter was in response to Miss Ishfaq's correspondence dated ** October 2013. You have stated that the payment that we claim was made on the ** October 2010 does not appear on any of your statements and you conclude that the alleged payment is likely to have been a statutory fee for a request for documents and possibly sent to Moorcroft who failed to comply with this request. You have also stated that the account is statute barred.

Lloyds Banking Group (LBG)sold us your account on ** June 2013 with a balance of £*,***,**. We weren't aware of your outstanding concerns at this time.

My investigations reveal that we received your letter dated ** February 2014 which was referred to Miss Ishfaq to respond to, however due to Miss Ishfaq's departure from Capquest your letter was not responded to and I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Upon receipt of your letter dated * June 2014, I contacted LBG to attempt to locate the statements that had been previously ordered for you. I have now received these and enclosed them for your review. I appreciate that they do not cover the period in which the last payment was made and I have addressed this with them and await their response, however having reviewed the statements I can see that the last credit to the account was on the * March 2009, therefore your account is not statute barred.

Your account remains on hold until we receive a response from LBG surrounding further details on the payment made on the ** October 2010.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your concerns regarding our failure to respond to you. I've looked into your complaint and I agree a mistake has been made regarding this matter.

This is my final response to your complaint. I hope I've resolved your concerns, however if you remain dissatisfied you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of the date of this letter. I'm enclosing their leaflet that explains more about their services and includes their contact details.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me on 0333 999 7217

Yours Sincerely,

Miss I Baldock

Complaints Officer.

I have unequivical proof that this account is Stat Barred since July 2013 and I have all the relevant statements etc.

Someone at Capquest cannot, or does not want to read the acc. statements correctly which have been provided by LBG, for this "LEMON" alleged debt that they have got their sticky fingers on.

Over the years to date, Capquest are the 7th DCA to attempt collection.

As usual all comments/advice will be gratefully received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Good morning JGJ,

May we see the unequivocal proof of the status of the debt please?

Do you have a record of any payment being made in March 2009 how much was paid and to whom?

If the amount is £1 or £10 given the number of DCAs this has been handled by it would likely be a statutory fee.

AC number od DCAs have in the past applied fees to the accounts whilst failing to produce the required data.

BRIGADIER2JCS,

Good morning Sir, thank you for your swift reply.

I have in my possession all of the bank statements relevant to this account going back many years and I have the exact date that the account was last credited/serviced, which is the proof that it is Stat Barred as stated by me at above #41 and being the date of July 2013 and the last payment made to service the disputed alleged debt being July 2007.

Moorcroft/Midas have to date appear to have been the only other pursuers circa Oct 2010 whom I sent the £1.00 to for docs.

Capquest are seeing LBGs docs as being all credits, but they are conveniently missing the fact, that they payments that LBG were trying to collect were all being immediately debited back into acc. and not credited to acc.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

BRIGADIER2JCS,

Good morning Sir, thank you for your swift reply.

I have in my possession all of the bank statements relevant to this account going back many years and I have the exact date that the account was last credited/serviced, which is the proof that it is Stat Barred as stated by me at above #41 and being the date of July 2013 and the last payment made to service the disputed alleged debt being July 2007.

Moorcroft/Midas have to date appear to have been the only other pursuers circa Oct 2010 whom I sent the £1.00 to for docs.

Capquest are seeing LBGs docs as being all credits, but they are conveniently missing the fact, that they payments that LBG were trying to collect were all being immediately debited back into acc. and not credited to acc.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

The alleged payment in 2009 is the problem at the moment I think, was this £1 or £10?

BRIGADIER2JCS,

Just had look at disputed date in March 2009 and it is as I have stated previously. LBG attempted to collect monies unsucsessfully and it is immediately debited back and account not credited. Nothing has been credited to the disputed LEMON acc that Capquest purchased from LBG since July 2007.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

BRIGADIER2JCS,

Just had look at disputed date in March 2009 and it is as I have stated previously. LBG attempted to collect monies unsucsessfully and it is immediately debited back and account not credited. Nothing has been credited to the disputed LEMON acc that Capquest purchased from LBG since July 2007.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Private & Confidential

Ms Helen Ashton

CEO Capquest.

Date

ref: use theirs.

Dear Ms Ashton,

I refer you to the " final response" letter from Capquest received on xx. xx. 2014 signed by a Miss I Baddock.

Miss Baddock alleges that credit to this account was made on xxxx 2009, when in fact there was No payment made whatsoever, as is clear this alleged payment is in fact a failed payment which has been immediately debited back to the account.

Therefore I state once more that this alleged debt is statute barred and I will not make any payment.

I now require Capquest to acknowledge in writing that the file on this matter has been closed and no attempts to pursue a statute barred debt will made.

As it appears that Capquest has deliberately attempted to manipulate the obvious facts of this matter I am preparing a complaint to the FCA regarding the conduct of the company and its fitness to hold a consumer credit licence.

Your prompt reply is expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

No reply as yet to my letter to Capquest as at #45 which they received 17th July.

A crossover letter from Capquest arrived this am as at #41 and a £1.00 payment was allegedly made into the disputed acc which was a loan acc and not otherwise serviced by ourselves, nor payments into acc authorised by us and the last payment into acc was July 2007 as previously stated. Hence the Stat Barred status.

The entry appears to be a Statutory £1.oo fee made under Sec 77/78 Of CCA for production of loan agreement and returned by Moorcroft which I had sent to them and Midas for the production of the agreement the returned £1.00 being paid into the loan acc. To date no CCA agreement for this acc has been produced by the 8 DCAs/Sols who have been chasing over the years.

In my opinion Moorcroft appear to have paid unknown to us until this am, the £1.00 fee into the otherwise unused/serviced acc since July 2007.

Capquest have sent a piece of paper purporting to be a LTSB bank copy of the acc entry payment from Moorcroft circa Oct 2010, there is no Identifying LTSB logo or any other identification as to where it originated from.

Letter from Capquest as below.

Dear

Acc Purchased from Lloyds Banking Group

Acc. Number ************

How Much you owe. £****.**

Thank you for contacting us. So we can help you reach a solution on you account;

Please find enclosed copy statements received from Lloyds Bank as requested.

The balance on this account remains correct and due. Please call Capquest on 0333 999 7200 to discuss the repayment options available to you.

Yours Sincerely,

Xxxx xxxxxxxxx

Customer Services Department.

All advice/info as to any further action (if any required) re this letter will as usual be gratefully received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Edited by caro

Is the £1 all that is shown to have been paid in? Did you send a cca request around that time and do you have evidence of it?