• Tweets

• The time to sue / ask for rent reduction started when you became aware of the issue (that is 10 years ago). You are absolutely unable to claim for anything for more than 6 years ago, as it is 'statute barred'.   As for claiming anything within the last 6 years, if you have left it this long, expect the LL to claim that you accepted the error. If you wished to claim, you should have done so well before now. Expect them to claim that you accepted it, and are onl;y now claiming different as a result of their claim. You'd then have to persuade a judge otherwise.
    • @Bean192 may be worth leaving an honest review once this is all sorted;   https://www.allagents.co.uk/coolcribscouk/
    • Update. The ASB team have categorically said they want to send a letter to the idiot saying... you are upsetting your neighbor, please come in to talk about this, we need to tell you we have no power to do anything about this though... WTAF?   They also said my only option to stop idiot parking and obstructing our kerb is to park our other car outside idiots property 🤔 because the car is now not obstructing enough to get a ticket and not breaking any law! Even though it's obviously being done to cause annoyance.   Just seems beyond belief!
    • Ok, quick update on this.  Mediation didn't happen - mainly because I missed the deadline for agreeing to the date - I didn't realise the deadline was quite so tight - and I had been away for the weekend and not reading my emails - anyway - although it was bad to not formally respond, it didn't really make too much difference because due to the lack of viable evidence provided by the claimant, mediation would have been pointless.   So I've been waiting to head what court date has been allocated to my case. However, instead I received a "General Directions or Order" letter.    Sorry - I meant to bring it in (to where I'm writing this).....but basically the gist of it was that the claimant had 14 days to respond providing evidence e.g. signed credit agreement etc. - and then I had 14 days after that to respond stating whether I accepted that evidence and whether I wanted to withdraw defence.    The letter was sent around the beginning of the month - therefore their 14 days are more or less up - I haven't heard anything - albeit, I need to factor in postage times - but surely this means my 14 days are not really 14 days....but more a case of the time left before the end of October and when or if I get anything from the court of the claimant with their evidence.   My question really is:    Is it a stupid question - but I cannot really do anything until I receive anything - at the moment, the court won't know what they've sent me (in response to my CCA request) - i.e. the poorly presented application form - meaningless statements - no clear signed credit agreement etc. - so this step is basically the court asking whether there is enough evidence in order to allocate a court date?   I'm assuming I should get a copy of whatever the claimant provides to the court?   Many thanks  
    • hello again, do you think this witness statement better suits my needs witness 2.pdf
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2074 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello - I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm looking for a house to rent for me and my daughter - I'm on Income Support - but all of the properties I'm finding are stating 'no DSS'.

However, If I ask my (working full-time) ex-husband to make the application with the lettings agency - so his name is on the contract, his bank details etc - would that then be an issue when it came to making a new Income Support claim for the new property - my name not being on the contract - despite him being my daughter's father?

I have a feeling the answer is yes, but I can't see any other way around this?

Many thanks.

I think you'll opening another can of worms when you state you live alone for benefits etc and your x partner is the official tennant at the property.

Don't do it. If the DSS find out, and they will eventually, they will assume he is living with you and stop your money pending a full investigation.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Yep - that's what I thought *sigh*.

How on earth are you supposed to move then, if no landlords are accepting DSS anymore?!

Many landlords although they state no DSS are open to it. I walked in to an agency that has a blanket no DSS rule and talked about renting. The agent having talked to me asked me if I could provide a guarantor for the first 6 months rent, fortunately a friend was able to do this for me, after which I continued to rent from that agent without guarantor having proved I paid always on time etc.

Possibly your xh could be a guarantor for you? His name wouldn't be on the tenancy that way and no money changes hands (unless you don't pay your rent later!).

Thanks abc - I suggested that (via the agency) to the landlord - I *even* offered to pay 'rental insurance' (£150 a year) to cover him - the answer was still no.

I'm hoping that this was just a one off, but it's so frustrating as I've never missed a payment and am a perfect tenant - and this was an ideal house.

Are you on the social housing waiting list? If you are needing to move from where you are (ie been given notice to leave) and are unable to gain a new tenancy then the local authority have a duty to help you find housing if you have a child. Often they rent properties from property owners and then rent them out to tenants so you get the same tenancy agreement that you would get through an agency without needing to provide a deposit in advance etc. also it means the rent has to be below the LHA too which will help in the future. Definitely worth getting on their waiting list even if not imminently homeless.

Hello - I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm looking for a house to rent for me and my daughter - I'm on Income Support - but all of the properties I'm finding are stating 'no DSS'.

However, If I ask my (working full-time) ex-husband to make the application with the lettings agency - so his name is on the contract, his bank details etc - would that then be an issue when it came to making a new Income Support claim for the new property - my name not being on the contract - despite him being my daughter's father?

I have a feeling the answer is yes, but I can't see any other way around this?

Many thanks.

Is the Ex your asking to do a application for you,the same Ex you where posting about here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?383390-Benefit-Fraud-Please-help!!

?

Just say No to 0870 and 0845 Numbers,Use

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php