ge money claim for unfair fees and charges **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jake,

You need to comply with the order above and File and Serve the necessary doc'ts by the deadline.

1.a Will be your updated spreadsheet showing all charges and interest.

1.b Will be a suitable fully particularised POC. Look here for an example - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?80-Mortgage-companies

1.c Has already been addressed.

Let us know how you're getting on with complying.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Jake,

You need to comply with the order above and File and Serve the necessary doc'ts by the deadline.

1.a Will be your updated spreadsheet showing all charges and interest.

1.b Will be a suitable fully particularised POC. Look here for an example - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?80-Mortgage-companies

1.c Has already been addressed.

Let us know how you're getting on with complying.

Hi jake, did you get all done and submitted? I

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• 3 months later...

Hi All - 6 months on..........................Still battling on with GE money!Hope this will help others.Have a court date set for next Friday 15th August. So far I have had another offer of 1250.00 same as before they never increased it and then a tomlin order with the same offer. I have not replied to these - in hindsight may be I should have tried to get them to up the amount? Anyway too late now.......Last week I recieved a huge ream of paperwork from Optima - GE's defence forms. They have included a witness statement from a member of staff and a copy of the original loan agreement and then a copy of the telephone transripts detailing all the times they have tried to contact me (mainly at work! I had to ask them to stop constantly contacting me) Basically my side doesnt look good but I knew they would do this, looks like this is going to be a slagging of session of how bad a customer I have been.So....any advice please, I am very nervous about going next Friday and hope I dont fluff it because of this. I am thinking along the lines of ' Sorry I really don't feel that we are here to discuss my poor credit record or behaviour - the issue is the unfair charges applied to my account'. What do you think? Advice much appreciated!

That can only be your approach do not allow them to divert or muddy the waters.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks andy

I have just got home tonite and have had a new offer of 1750 (tomlin order) with a letter saying that because i havent entered any witness evidence - i am now debarred from relying on any evidence at the hearing.

What do you think - take it and run? Or try to negotiate - think maybe its a little late in the day as court is next friday?

Thanks

Why did you not submit your WS?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

All the directions and time table are included with the Notice of Allocation...Disclosure & Witness statement exchange, hearing fee trial date.

Am afraid i didnt know i had too

You can do one of two things, file and serve a witness statement tonight and hope for the best or file and serve a statement and make an application to Court for relief from sanctions to be heard as a preliminary issue before the hearing.

hi jake17, good luck with your claim, not so well up on legal system but will the court not see the two offers they made to you as admitting to wrong doing or at least part of it.

im at the very early stages off making claim against them going on for 5gran now,i dont think they would show phone records in court if it is out like mine they would most probably get done for harassment ,well done for keeping up the battle with them

hi jake17, good luck with your claim, not so well up on legal system but will the court not see the two offers they made to you as admitting to wrong doing or at least part of it.

The court will not see the offers as an admission of wrong-doing. If the offers are turned down and the case goes to a hearing, Jake's chances in court may be compromised by the failure to comply with the court's Directions.

:sad:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Am afraid i didnt know i had too

Have you considered accepting the offer? I know it's not exactly what you were aiming for but at 70% are you sure you understand enough of the process and arguments to stand a greater possibility of winning your case?

Have you considered accepting the offer? I know it's not exactly what you were aiming for but at 70% are you sure you understand enough of the process and arguments to stand a greater possibility of winning your case?

On the other hand why are ge upping their offer? Are they as confident as they make out?

I know it's not long until the hearing but I wouldn't rush a decision. It's not too late for them to offer more.

What does the Tomlin Order say?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

On the other hand why are ge upping their offer? Are they as confident as they make out?

I know it's not long until the hearing but I wouldn't rush a decision. It's not too late for them to offer more.

What does the Tomlin Order say?

I would think it plays the percentages.

Without sight of the op's calcs I can only find mention of £1600.00 in charges + request for relief to 8% interest at circa £600.00, s.69 interest is not necessarily granted in every case.

I figured the offer would settle the base of the claim + filing and allocation fees, leaving the op out of pocket on possible s.69

Not entirely sure how happy the court will be with the missed filing and service dates, it may overlook it but then again it may dismiss late filing in its entirety.. an app for relief from sanction would carry a fee of £155.00 and may not be successful, factoring that cost in the offer starts to look a little better.

By all means ask for more but I wouldn't be inclined to drag it out until the 11th hour.

Fair points.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have decided to accept the offer - due to the mistakes ive made with missing stuff out etc i dont think its worth the risk. I really wish i had bought the patricia pearl book advertised on here earlier ( only bought it last week) and read through it before starting ( caggers take heed!) it does show though that you can fight these companies and get your money back (maybe all of it if you follow correct procedures!) i want to thank everyone for the help and comments in the meantime.

FWIW I think that would be the sensible option and you've saved yourself a further couple of days in preparing docs and trial.

Could you post a copy of the offered schedule prior to signing, just in case it contains anything untoward.

Hi Jake,

I also think that's a wise move, accepting their offer.

• 2 years later...
Hi Jake,

I also think that's a wise move, accepting their offer.

Hello again, can't quite believe am here again!

If you look at my old thread above, I challenged and won before court date £1750 back in admin fees from ge ........

forward 2 years and my account which I have kept in order has been passed to arrow global and to my horror I have realised the charges that they be so kindly refunded by cheque are still on the account.

I have contacted arrow who have asked for proof, which I have sent, but I have just received a letter from arrow stating 'thank you for your complaint we will be looking into this ....blah blah' .

hmmm seem to have been here before. I have sent them a letter showing the amount that ge refunded to me but I have got a nasty feeling that I have been stitched up like a kipper!!!!!

As it never actually went to court would I be in a position to take theses idiots (arrow) to court if necessary???

Please help!!!

Edited by slick132
added paragraph spacing; sorted format of quote

Hi Jake,

I've added spacing to your post above - blocks of unspaced text are harder to read.

In post #42, you were asked for a copy of the agreement or Tomlin Order that led to the court case being dropped by you.

Can you post this now but remove any identifiers.

If you received the agreed refund by cheque, what happened to the balance due on the account. Or was this covered by the Tomlin Order with GE agreeing not to pursue any remaining balance.