Placed order for bt phone and infinity now demanding £100 deposit !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I placed an order with my partner for bt bb and phone last night and went thorough the order process, credit check passed etc. all confirmed for activation on 20/02.

Waited for a confirmation email that by this morning had not come so my partner called to see what the delay was.

She was told that due to her credit check they require a £100 deposit !!

There was no mention of this throughout the whole order process at all.

Now my partners credit history is perfect but has a lowish score because she's not used credit much as had not needed too but she gets accepted for things usually fine. Eg. Two iPads. Phone mobile. Sky. Utilities. Etc

I have emailed the CEO as the telephone advisor was just repeatedly reading from a script and no help at all.

Has anyone else experienced this ? I find it all very underhand and not transparent at all.

Ty

A common occurrence I'm afraid when accounts are opened by phone or on line, the " credit check" that is done at the time is really not much more that an ID and residential check, and an application gets approved in principal by sales staff who do not I think have authority to make an in depth inquiry to the CRAs.

When the full check is done any problems show up at this time.

Having little or no credit history as you have seen will result in a "low credit score" and will result in the situation she is now in.

I seriously doubt that there is anything to be done about this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

A common occurrence I'm afraid when accounts are opened by phone or on line, the " credit check" that is done at the time is really not much more that an ID and residential check, and an application gets approved in principal by sales staff who do not I think have authority to make an in depth inquiry to the CRAs.

When the full check is done any problems show up at this time.

Having little or no credit history as you have seen will result in a "low credit score" and will result in the situation she is now in.

I seriously doubt that there is anything to be done about this.

She's just had a call from some one in the CEO complaint team who just quoted t&c's about they "may" charge a deposit.

My argument is there was no mention of a deposit at all during the order process. A term buried in the t&c is in my view not good enough ! An certainly not transparent.

I also asked if they are going to pay me interest on my £100 they are going to hold for 6 months, to which he laughed and said no they won't. Don't be silly.

She's just had a call from some one in the CEO complaint team who just quoted t&c's about they "may" charge a deposit.

My argument is there was no mention of a deposit at all during the order process. A term buried in the t&c is in my view not good enough ! An certainly not transparent.

I also asked if they are going to pay me interest on my £100 they are going to hold for 6 months, to which he laughed and said no they won't. Don't be silly.

This is common with BT online apps, there is I think little you can do apart from shopping around for another supplier.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

This is common with BT online apps, there is I think little you can do apart from shopping around for another supplier.

I agree brig. But we wish I cause them a headache in the process. Will sending a complaint to their regulator cause them cost ?

I agree brig. But we wish I cause them a headache in the process. Will sending a complaint to their regulator cause them cost ?

NOT sure about that but worth doing anyway,

NOT sure about that but worth doing anyway,

As I say it's the fact it's not transparent. She called them as the confirmation had not come though. Then gets told how does she want to pay the £100 deposit. She was gobsmacked.