Why is government website carrying fake jobs?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shows what a [problem] the whole thing is!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Gosh that is scarily awful. Being in jsa and applying for and being turned down for jobs really affects self esteem and lowers confidence and over time it is harder and harder to believe in yourself which affects your confidence and ability when applying for jobs even further. So to be applying for non existant jobs and losing that confidence for no reason at all, I don't know how people can live with themselves setting stuff up like that.

It's no good the government saying if they find people doing it they will deal with it, they need to ensure that every vacancy advertised does actually exist.

The government use Monster for their Universal Job Search tool and Monster contains jobs placed by employment agencies which are made up. The reason the employment agencies do this, is to obtain a list of potential candidates, ready for when jobs become available. The problem is that these jobs are then advertised elsewhere, so one fake job is advertised in numerous places. Some employers also do this, when they may have vacancies at some point, so they will place ads ages in advance of any possible start dates. Many employers particularly call centres operate a revolving door system, where they take on x number of people every 3 months or so, with only a certain percentage kept on each time.

Most people don't realise how much money can be earned by employment agencies for each person they manage to get into a job. Many years ago, for average jobs in financial services, they would get something like £2k for placing a successful candidate. For IT or skilled jobs, the amount is a lot more than £2k. So this is why recruitment consultants place bogus jobs, because it pulls in many enquiries, for which out of say 100 people they obtain details from, they may get a small number into real jobs when they become available.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The usual percentage rate for an employment agency is 10 to 15 pc of the candidates salary that they are employed on... Eg 20k = 2 - 3k

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

For temp jobs they can get even more as they get a percentage of every hours pay. I had no idea about them placing fake ads but it makes sense. In the day job I see the costs of recruitment and they're eye-watering.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

...because there aren't any real ones ?

That report was nothing to do with how many jobs there are to apply for on-line !

The person that posted up the fake jobs should get "The Book" chucked at him. He has been paid £1 for every CV forwarded to a real co. In my opinion that fraud

Correct,you think the police would go along and arrest that person ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 3 weeks later...

1/3 !!! I think you'll find its a lot more than a 1/3.

Its dominated by agencies they aren't checked and DO NOT have to pay anything to put up an ad. What do they get out of this. It gives them more credibility when approaching an employer to use t when there is a genuine vacancy to say they have 0000's of CV.

Most the ads on there are just links to other sites like indeed and CV library which eventually result in.........NOTHING!!!

It's a friggin joke!

this practice has been going on for decades. in the past I remember various times applying for jobs out of my local paper, only to be told by the agency there is no vacancies but they are simply getting people on their books just incase jobs show up.

The big jobsites are just as bad if not worse. Jobsite.co.uk, Monster, indeed, CV library and if you do manage to find a genuine job the agency is the next barrier. If they're swamped which they are, the chances of getting a reply are slim to none,

You've no guarantee they've even submitted you for the job EVEN if you fulfil the criteria for the job AND the agency has said they're putting you forward for it,

if you're unsuccessful at an interview the chances of them( the agency ) wasting any more of their valuable time on you and letting you know the results are slim to none... after all why should they let you know, there's nothing in it for them.

The truth of the matter is this country is still in a mess and its being disguised by all manor of tricks not just by the Govt. The agencies are exacerbating the problem to and there's no one to haul them in and stop these practices because if they were hauled in a lot them would go out of business!!

Quite right; as I've often said in the past, it's all about looking like you're doing something and the government/DWP/WP/employment agency is a master at this. Purely image with no content at all.

I've been sending off applications with various agencies, all within my capabilities and as I'm particularly experienced - 35+ years - I'd expect to actually get interviews even if employers can afford to be ultra picky, yet I don't. All I ever get is the usual acknowledgement of application and then nothing else. Non-existant jobs obviously. By the law of averages I should be getting at least a few interviews and my application 'progressed'.

The situation needs seriously investigating but who would you trust to actually do it? Nobody I can think of - the government certainly couldn't be trusted and any private company assigned the task would then be working to their own principles.. ie how much profit can we make from this?

The positions you've been applying for DO NOT EXIST !!!!

They're made up, just like the bogey man and the fairy tales in Narnia. What it needs is a body away from the agencies and the government to police these parasites and have some teeth to name and shame or prosecute.

I know it's being extreme what's required is for an policing body to make random spot checks in offices. If that agency can't provide the name of a company that's associated with a job position heads should roll!!

Recruitment consultancy is the last refuge of someone with no administration skills!! I've never been able to work out why employers use them so much bearing in mind how useless most of them are, yet they entrust these people to find suitable employees when recruiter can't suitable people to themselves!!! and employs someone with absolutely no knowledge of the subject they're recruiting for.