• Tweets

• Birmingham council are wrong.   However, you probably left yourself open to this problem by not changing the keep details.  You should do this now.   Also are there any other lurking problems which could come up and bit you?  You should make proper arrangements to redirect post or to inform creditors etc. This is the kind of scenario where you end up getting backdoor CCJs which then become difficult to deal with
    • What do I need to send on SAR? Do you have an email from them ?    I have 1 year with them .  I ve been made some international transactions because I ve been buy a car and a house I was need to send monthly money . I m a self employed, so I earn my money by myself . I didnt do nothing wrong with them . When I open my account I let them know that I m self employed and I can prove that .   I m in a desperate situation as I m not having any money for my company that I just open to can run 
    • Birmingham City Council,  told me because the car is on my name I am responsible  for it and I can't have anyone take the blame.  
    • Send them on SAR immediately. Do it today. Read up on this forum and elsewhere on the Internet about crifas. How long have you had the account? Have you been having large sums of money going in or out recently – especially paid in cash? This kind of unexplained behaviour generally relates to something that triggers a suspicion that your account is being used for money laundering or some other kind of fraud. If that's what has happened then you will find it almost impossible to get information about it and also almost impossible to find out when your account might be made available to you. If a CIFAS marker has been applied to your account, the bank takes upon itself absently Draconian powers and you will scarcely even get any assistance from the FOS who quite frankly are simply a poodle to the financial services sector
    • In addition to dealing with the individual problems that this person is creating for you, you obviously need to deal with it holistically because there is a problem of identity fraud which may well continue and will certainly affect you and your family throughout your lives. Nobody should underestimate the seriousness of this kind of thing. Although people will commonly apply the label of "identity theft", what you are actually dealing with here is "identity fraud" and it is well understood in academic circles. The police were quite wrong to say that there was nothing they could do. I'm afraid that this reflects under-resourcing coupled with poor staff development and a poor attitude. There are offences being committed here and the girl herself is committing fraud contrary to sections 1(2a), & 2 of the Fraud Act 2006  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/contents   Of course the police will find it very difficult to do anything and given their resources, I suppose they have other priorities. However, you could be certain that if your family was related to the head of the local police force, they would be dealing with it PDQ. You say that this has been going on for a number of years – but you don't say how long. Maybe you had better give us a detailed account of what has happened. Please set out in a bullet pointed chronology so that we don't have too much narrative but a good structured idea of what has happened. This should include a list of the problems which have occurred and how they have been dealt with and also complaints which you have attempted to make. You definitely need to start taking this very seriously. How old is your daughter? In terms of opening mail, you should open every letter that comes to you and if you find that it is associated with this fraud, then you should photocopy it/scan it into a computer and start building up a file. I hope you have kept some of the correspondence and other documents which you might have received. Please let us know what you have. You are definitely going to have to start accumulating a robust file of evidence and I suggest that the first thing you do is you start sending SARs out to all of the organisations which have been involved and see if you can tease out of them any personal data that they might have which is apparently linked to you. Either they will provide you with a statutory disclosure – or, of course, it will be amusing if they say that they are more proof of your identity and that they won't let you have the disclosure because they are not satisfied that the data they have relates to you. I don't think you're in a position to make any serious complaint until you have put together a convincing file of evidence which shows that there is systematic identity fraud. We will help you to start to do this and help you to structure the file that you will put together and then we can begin to explore avenues to make a complaint. It also occurs to me that they could be a basis here for making a complaint under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 although this would be an unusual application of the act – but we can have a look when you put together your file.  
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2341 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Afternoon

After three hard years I am about to end my sequestration in April of this year. I'm wondering whether there is any advice from those who have come through the process on what I should be doing now and how to go about re-building my credit rating.

Many Thanks

D

Personally I forgot about trying to rebuild my credit rating and lived within my means as not doing that got me in trouble in the first place.....it will be 6 years before your credit rating will improve anyway

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Many thanks. Over the past three years I've got used to living within my means and I don't see that changing. I'm assuming it's six years from when I was sequestrated as opposed to when the process completes?

Hi,

Your Sequestration will remain recorded on your credit file for 6 years from the date it starts.

After six years have passed, the record of your Sequestration will be taken off your credit file.

It is important to understand that it is possible for any of your creditors to record a formal default notice against you after the date that your Sequesration started. In the same way as the record of your Sequestration, default notices will also remain on your credit file for 6 years. It is therefore possible for a default notice to remain on your file after the record of your Sequestration has been taken off thus extending the time that your credit rating is affected.

The way to overcome this is to get a copy of your credit file after your Sequestration finishes. If you find any default notices have been added after the start date of your Sequestration then you should contact the associated creditor and request that the date of the default be changed to the date your Sequestration started.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

did you get your cra file to check as above?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Best wait and see if you'll need any letter.

draft letter for what?

get your credit file

see noddle below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

There's no 'template' letter as such.

All credit reference agencies are legally required to look after people’s details in compliance with the Data Protection Act. This means that they must make sure that the information held on an individual’s credit file is used fairly, kept secure, remains accurate and is kept up-to-date.

If your credit file is inaccurate, you can raise your concerns with the credit reference agency. However, the problem may lie with the original lender or organisation that supplied the agencies with their information and you may need to contact them instead.

The addresses of the credit reference agencies are:

Equifax Ltd

Credit File Advice Centre

PO Box 1140

Bradford

BD1 5US

0844 335 0550

http://www.equifax.co.uk

Callcredit Plc

Consumer Services Team

PO Box 491

Leeds

LS3 1WZ

0870 060 1414

http://www.callcredit.co.uk

Experian Ltd

Customer Support Centre

PO Box 8000

Nottingham

NG80 7WF

0844 481 8000

http://www.experian.co.uk

Inaccurate data on DRA files must be challenged with the company named as the creditor on your files the CRAs cannot amend or remove it without approval.

You can add a notice of correction to the files while challenging the data.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 months later...

Is that the same with Trust Deeds? I just received my discharge two weeks ago and it will be six years this September since it became protected - it was extended to allow time to cover the property equity without forcing me to sell my home.