HOURS CHANGED...what rights have I???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me with a quick question as to the rights I have over my working hours.

Firstly the facts;

I was (and am still) employed as a Passenger Assistant by the county council in November 2009 for a part time position that was detailed at 20 hours per week. I was looking after a disabled child to and from school.

This January the family moved, without warning, to another area and I was left, after 4 years one month, with no route.

They have given me a temporary run to cover long term sickness which is much longer (nearly half the hours again)

I have expressed a wish to be moved but this has fallen on deaf ears, probably because no one else wants to do this particular run.

I would like to know how forcefully I can 'ask' that I am assigned off this run; to another sickness cover maybe that is more in line with my originally contracted hours.

I like the job I do, but don't want to work so many hours (or on this particular run)

Hopefully someone on here can tell me if I have any say in this and how I can get this resolved as easily and 'professionally' as possible.

Ok,

In my particulars of employment it states that my working week are 18.75 hours (which is a surprise as i thought I was on 20 hours!) on my payslips under hours it says 20 though.

In the contract under Hours of Work, it states that working hours may be varied from time to time to take account of operational requirements as determined by the manager

......which means (I think) I'm stuffed.