Ruthbridge and CCS Debt Collection

NaftOff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did you not write to them advising the debt was statute barred some while ago ? Did you send by a tracked method or obtain a free proof of posting ?

It is very strange that so much mail goes "astray" when sent to DCAs..

Perhaps just respond by saying that their letter is untruthful - that you wrote to them on DATE and you enclose a copy for their attention.

Perhaps send it to their Registered / Head office address !

Hi CitezenB,

No, I didn't make any contact with them, I thought I would wait and see what came next, but it did take them 3 weeks or more before they sent this recent letter!

GB Group an "intelligence and tracing, + they run ID checks" " company.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

GB Group an "intelligence and tracing, + they run ID checks" " company.

Is this usual practice Brig? And does it give CCS collect any more of an advantage to put pressure on me?

It would be interesting to know on what authority they had to access your credit files

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

It would be interesting to know on what authority they had to access your credit files

Yes it would. Do they need authority to do this? I thought any company could do a credit search on you without permission from anyone?

I just researched the GB Group and it appears they are a very sophisticated tracing company which has developed a comprehensive digital format for clients wishing to do a trace on anybody! BIG BROTHER has most certainly arrived! Now that they done a trace on me on behalf of CCS Collect/Aktiv Kapital and have established only that I have nothing on my credit file etc what can they do now? They have obviously been looking for me regarding old debts, which happened more than 12 years ago, can they resurrect these old debts now? Can they raise Court orders CCJ's etc?

If the debts are that old they are out of the picture and nothing can be about them.

Yes it would. Do they need authority to do this? I thought any company could do a credit search on you without permission from anyone?

The authority to access credit files derives from an individual giving permission when applying for any form of credit, or utility service, the permission is " inherited" by the purchaser when the debt/account is sold.

There must be a "permission" in place so if a DCA has an alleged debt on its files it can search the agencies, but searches cannot be made speculatively.

The authority to access credit files derives from an individual giving permission when applying for any form of credit, or utility service, the permission is " inherited" by the purchaser when the debt/account is sold.

There must be a "permission" in place so if a DCA has an alleged debt on its files it can search the agencies, but searches cannot be made speculatively.

Thanks Brig,

I haven't applied to anyone for credit in over 15 years! All utility bills are handled by my partner and are in her name only and have been before I even met her. I have no credit cards or any kind of credit arrangements with anyone. So I still don't understand where they would have obtained my permission! What can I do about this?

More importantly, regarding current situation with CCS Collect, would you advise sitting tight or sending the letter?

Thanks.

In my opinion it's time to kill this one off now, send the letter the reason Ruthbridge unloaded is now plain they have no have no chance of getting anything out of this.

In my opinion it's time to kill this one off now, send the letter the reason Ruthbridge unloaded is now plain they have no have no chance of getting anything out of this.

Thanks Brig,

I will send the letter in the next couple of days. Is it right not to sign the letter at the end?

Thanks Brig,

I will send the letter in the next couple of days. Is it right not to sign the letter at the end?

Just Initial it or use a digital sig.