Ruthbridge and CCS Debt Collection

NaftOff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Early last year I received a letter from Ruthbridge on the 16th and they said roughly, they were trying to contact the named person on a personal matter, if I am the person named I should contact them immediately. If they didn't receive a response within 7 days they would have an agent telephone me.

On the 24th I received another letter from them saying: We note you have failed to respond to mail directed to you. YOU HAVE BEEN TRACED AS LIVING AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY.

If you have not established contact with this department within the next five days an agent may telephone you.

I ignored the letters and I have not heard from them since!

However this year I have recently been contacted by CCS and they say more or less the same thing, but I haven't received a second letter yet, but I know I probably will!

Although I have some debts that I walked away from in the mid nineties, I thought by now they would be statute barred?

Should I continue to ignore their letters and see what happens?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi welcome to CAG

Ok Ruthbridge if a debt is in their hand then it is either SB or unenforceable for some reason this company is at the murkiest depths of the debt collection 'industry'.

You would be best advised to check your credit reference files asap, Equifax and Experian have 30 day free trials Call Credit has Noddle which is always free.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Those two chancers together, I smell Cabot ininvolvement

Way, Way past Cabot at this stage.

This will have most likely been sold 2-3 time at least.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi welcome to CAG

Ok Ruthbridge if a debt is in their hand then it is either SB or unenforceable for some reason this company is at the murkiest depths of the debt collection 'industry'.

You would be best advised to check your credit reference files asap, Equifax and Experian have 30 day free trials Call Credit has Noddle which is always free.

Thank you BRIGADIERJCS, couple of questions if I may please.

1. What do you mean by unenforceable?

2. As you know Ruthbridge contacted me about a year ago so I checked my credit file with Experian and Equifax and both had nothing at all on them, completely clean. I took a copy of the report just for my files and then cancelled the accounts before getting charged. When I first opened the account with them I only referred to the address where I live now and have been for 12 years and made no reference to my previous address where I lived until 1996 almost 20 years ago. This was where I accumulated most of the outstanding debt. Since then I have not applied for any credit or credit cards!

3. What is Call Credit has Noddle?

Thank you BRIGADIERJCS, couple of questions if I may please.

1. What do you mean by unenforceable?

2. As you know Ruthbridge contacted me about a year ago so I checked my credit file with Experian and Equifax and both had nothing at all on them, completely clean. I took a copy of the report just for my files and then cancelled the accounts before getting charged. When I first opened the account with them I only referred to the address where I live now and have been for 12 years and made no reference to my previous address where I lived until 1996 almost 20 years ago. This was where I accumulated most of the outstanding debt. Since then I have not applied for any credit or credit cards!

3. What is Call Credit has Noddle?

Ok it's time to be rid of this once and for all!!

I will draft a letter for you to send to CCL a little later and post it here.

Brig.

Hi Call credit has a free CRA site called Noddle.

• Confused 1

Is it possible they could be chasing on behalf of the CSA which I had contact with about 15 years ago? I've never heard anything form the CSA since I've been living here, even though I have had to claim Jobseekers allowance ( contribution based ) a couple of times for short periods. My kids have all grown up now and my youngest is 33. During the years where I was Separated/Divorced from my wife I was paying her direct every month, an amount we both agreed on. But the CSA wanted to get involved against our wishes, but I left the property before they made any financial decision that I was aware of at the time.

Ok it's time to be rid of this once and for all!!

I will draft a letter for you to send to CCL a little later and post it here.

Brig

Hi Call credit has a free CRA site called Noddle.

Thanks Brig, you have been a great help. So I get on the call credit site and find their Noddle credit rating file and have a look, I guess. Should I stick to just referring to my current address where I have been living the last 14 years?

Yes stick to that address it's perfect!!

The old brain is ticking on for the letter.

OK.

The Compliance Manager

CCL

Date:...........

Ref: use theirs:

Sir/ Madam,

I refer you to correspondence regarding an alleged debt for £xxxx.xx apparently originating from an account with xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Please note I do not acknowledge any such debt.

I have taken tine to research my credit history over a period of 14 years and have found that this alleged debt has been passed around the murky depths of the ''debt collection industry'' for a considerable length of time with no resolution.

I am now able to state that this alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and I will therefore not make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

CCL will now discontinue all contact with me and remove all data relating to me from its records.

I am familiar with Appendix B of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection relating to the pursuit of statute barred debt, you are also reminded of the section regarding the sale of statute barred debts without informing the purchaser of the status of the debt.

Should CCL dispute the status of the alleged debt it is reminded that the onus of providing unequivocal proof that the debt is not statute barred falls entirely upon CCL.

Ok recorded / signed for post check delivery.

OK.

The Compliance Manager

CCL

Date:...........

Ref: use theirs:

Sir/ Madam,

I refer you to correspondence regarding an alleged debt for £xxxx.xx apparently originating from an account with xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Please note I do not acknowledge any such debt.

I have taken tine to research my credit history over a period of 14 years and have found that this alleged debt has been passed around the murky depths of the ''debt collection industry'' for a considerable length of time with no resolution.

I am now able to state that this alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and I will therefore not make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

CCL will now discontinue all contact with me and remove all data relating to me from its records.

I am familiar with Appendix B of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection relating to the pursuit of statute barred debt, you are also reminded of the section regarding the sale of statute barred debts without informing the purchaser of the status of the debt.

Should CCL dispute the status of the alleged debt it is reminded that the onus of providing unequivocal proof that the debt is not statute barred falls entirely upon CCL.

Ok recorded / signed for post check delivery.

Thanks again Brig. A couple of things relating to your draft, CCS don't refer to any value of debt or anyone they are representing in their letter to me!

Also I went on to Noddle and tried to register but they said they couldn't verify who I was. I gave the correct address, and time living here, although they asked for a credit card number which I don't have. but I have a Visa Debit card from my bank which I used, could that be the problem....Debit instead of credit card? They only gave two selections to choose from....Visa/Mastercard

Right just edit that out and state any alleged debt you may be pursuing.

A visa debt cred registered to the address you are at should be acceptable it is that which is used to confirm ID.

Right just edit that out and state any alleged debt you may be pursuing.

A visa debt cred registered to the address you are at should be acceptable it is that which is used to confirm ID.

Yeah I thought it wouldn't be a problem, its never been a problem with anything before. I've had this card from my bank for years. I tried the site again and it gave me the same message again! So I don't know what the problem is! I am a registered voter to my address so that shouldn't be the problem.

This is the problem with Noddle and Call Credit I'm afraid rather unreliable. have checked the criteria which is debit or credit card registered to your address, perhaps try again tomorrow.

This is the problem with Noddle and Call Credit I'm afraid rather unreliable. have checked the criteria which is debit or credit card registered to your address, perhaps try again tomorrow.

Ok will do Brig, thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I received a letter from CCS Collect today after not hearing anything from them in 3 weeks or more! They say in the letter " Failure to respond letter " That their client Aktiv Kapital AS Zug Branch, has advised them that they are unaware of any reason why this debt has remained unpaid. CCS have been instructed to take further action if the matter cannot be resolved amicably.

What should I do? Should I continue to ignore them or should I send the Statute Barred letter?

Thanks

Try this by recorded/ signed for post.

The Compliance Manager

CCS

Date

Ref: use theirs.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to your letter dated xx.xx.xxxx. regarding an alleged debt now owned by your client Aktiv Kapital. please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to your client.

I have researched my credit history and have concluded that any such alleged debt is Statute Barred and I will therefore Not make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

I would remind CCS and its client that the onus of providing unequivocal proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred falls entirely on CCS and its Client Aktiv Kapital.

Please take note any allegations of "one off mystery payments" will be totally refuted.

I am sure CCS is fully conversant with the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 (updated Nov. 2012) and Appendix B relating to the pursuit of statute barred debts.

I suggest that CCS Collect now closes its file on this matter and returns it to its client.

Did you not write to them advising the debt was statute barred some while ago ? Did you send by a tracked method or obtain a free proof of posting ?

It is very strange that so much mail goes "astray" when sent to DCAs..

Perhaps just respond by saying that their letter is untruthful - that you wrote to them on DATE and you enclose a copy for their attention.

Perhaps send it to their Registered / Head office address !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Try this by recorded/ signed for post.

The Compliance Manager

CCS

Date

Ref: use theirs.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to your letter dated xx.xx.xxxx. regarding an alleged debt now owned by your client Aktiv Kapital. please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to your client.

I have researched my credit history and have concluded that any such alleged debt is Statute Barred and I will therefore Not make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

I would remind CCS and its client that the onus of providing unequivocal proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred falls entirely on CCS and its Client Aktiv Kapital.

Please take note any allegations of "one off mystery payments" will be totally refuted.

I am sure CCS is fully conversant with the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 (updated Nov. 2012) and Appendix B relating to the pursuit of statute barred debts.

I suggest that CCS Collect now closes its file on this matter and returns it to its client.

Thanks Brig,

Before I send anything to them, I thought I would check my Credit report once again using " Checkmyfile " and it was clear. The only thing that showed was 2 searches:

1. By Gb Group Plc ( ID ) ( Allen Leslie Associates Ltd ) on 5th December 2013 as an Enquiry through Call Credit.

2. Misc on 10th April 2013 as an Audit through EQ

I don't know who Gb group are! But they obviously found nothing as far as I can see! I still feel reluctant having any contact with CCS Collect unless I really have to! Based on my clean credit report, should I sit tight and see what develops or send the letter?

As always, I appreciate your help.

Thanks