Claim form received: Wilkin Chapman for Arrow

maplins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The missus has received a claim form from Northampton CCBC for an old Capital One debt. The debt is a couple of months from being statute barred but is full of charges she hasn't yet claimed.

She immediately sent the CPR 31.14 letter for the CCA, default notice and NOA. WC's reply states it'll take up to six weeks to get the documents and they'll agree to an extension of 14 days after they send the documents to file the defence.

Will WC tell the court that there's an extension? I thought it could only be extended for 28 days. Is this just a sneaky way to get a judgement? Surely they should have the documents in their possession to issue the claim in the first place.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Hi maplins

CPR 15 .5 will only allow a maximum of 28 days..it can be anything below such as 14...its your responsibility to inform Northampton of the agreed extension...attach their conformation to your letter.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You should head your letter to the court

NOTIFICATION OF EXTENSION OF FILING DATE – CPR15.5

When I sent my extension of filing date letter they interpreted that it was my defence !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Will WC tell the court that there's an extension? I thought it could only be extended for 28 days. Is this just a sneaky way to get a judgement? Surely they should have the documents in their possession to issue the claim in the first place.

I agree, whilst they are exempt from attaching paperwork to the claim for those issued via MCOL - I think they should be forced to confirm on their claim that they have sent all relevant paperwork by mail to the defendant... before the claim will be accepted.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Andy, thanks for your reply. So will the court accept that they will send us this paperwork within 6 weeks and then have 14 days to file the defence? Or do we have 14 days after the original 28 days?

You will have 28 +14 but dont bank on receiving anything from the claimant.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

SAR to the OC...CCA to the claimant (assignee)

• 2 weeks later...

So we CCAed Arrow (the claimant) and SARed Cap One (the OC).

No reply from Cap One yet but it's early days.

Arrow replied with the following:

"We do not accept that we are the creditor as evisaged by the above statute [CCA]. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course.

"We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents."

Attached was our postal order for £1.

How can Arrow start legal action if they do not accept that they are the creditor? And is court action classed as "collection activity"? Their 12+2 days will be up tomorrow. What would this mean for their claim?

Edited by maplins
Typo

"We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute [CCA]. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course."

Well in that case they are not lawfully allowed to issue a claim in their name...it should be the creditor.

That will be a useful point in your defence.

Andy

No...its futile....just wind them up in your defence ...we will get to the part where you made a request for the agreement to which the claimant responded by stating........let them dig their own hole.

Andy

They are the creditor...they wouldn't have issued the claim otherwise...they are simply using the above as a reason to avoid their legal responsibilities to your request...which you will highlight in your defence.