Clamping ban

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a thought that crossed my mind during some studies in the industry that Im doing at the mp, has there been anyone found themselves illegally clamped since the clamping ban came in? and what did you do about it if you did?

Certainly not recently. What can you do? Well, call the police of cut the clamp off. The latter may get a complaint of criminal damage but that would be the unwisest police complaint ever as they would have to admit criminal damge to your vehicle attaching it in the first place. Therefore the law doesnt allow for such a complaint.

Certainly not recently. What can you do? Well, call the police of cut the clamp off. The latter may get a complaint of criminal damage but that would be the unwisest police complaint ever as they would have to admit criminal damge to your vehicle attaching it in the first place. Therefore the law doesnt allow for such a complaint.

mate of mine got clamped years ago,so he returned later with angle grinder in hand & removed the clamp,

took it to local police station stating he found it attached to his vehicle but didn't know whom it belonged to,so was handing it in as lost property.

to this day never heard anything since.result.

I've noticed that a local car park still has the 'you will be clamped' signs up, is this allowed?

Yes however they cant carry out the threat, its a bit like the thousands of signs you see stating "Trespassers will be prosecuted" cant see ex clampers spending money taking the signs down now their revenue has gone.