Handing in my notice (again!) .. advice please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So around 2 weeks ago I told my boss i was looking at moving jobs and would be leaving soon, he was fine with that and wished me good luck.

However the next day he made me a counter offer which i accepted at the time as it was more money. It was on the condition i didn't go to an interview i had arranged for the next day, or any in the near future.

Long story short the company i had an interview with told me they would beat my current offer providing i Interviewed well. I did, and they offered me a job! Which im going to take, as some of the opportunities they offer for progression and training sound amazing.

So now im in the position where i need to tell my current boss i am leaving, even after ive told him im not!!

Any advice on what to say and keep it professional. I would still like to leave on relatively good terms. I do realise its selfish of me, but i think when it comes to your career you need to be a bit selfish every now and then.

You give your boss the required amount of notice and thank him for your time there if you enjoyed it. Anything else isnt necessary but I would wish him the best for the future as well as you may well meet again sometime in the future. He will understand that you cannot turn down a gift horse and will appreciate you not rubbing salt in the woulds.