A letter from barclaycard after 5 years!

Ash1646
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all.

It seems that I have received the same 2 letters relating to some Barclaycard accounts as others have done so over the weekend.

My last letter to them was back in 2009 requesting a CCA, and received a reconstituted version which I promptly rejected and told them to Foxtrot Oscar.

Having not heard from them since, I was happy to quietly wait out the 6 year statute barred. It seems that Barlcaycard have other ideas.

What is the general consensus, with a response. Should it be responded to, and if so how?

I'm minded to leave it alone, but I dont want them selling the account to Lowells, as once they have their teeth into you, they never seem to let go.

Hi Ash,

Check through the detail of your letters regarding dates, amounts, etc to make sure it's all accurate. In particular check that any default date they quote is accurate.

If they didn't have a credit agreement back in 2009, they may still not have it now so they may be limited as to what recovery action they can take. However, they may sell the a/c and then it will be up to the DCA to take what action they choose.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

The letters are all on a hard drive soemwhere! I'll have to look for them this weekend, and see what they have.

My concern is them selling the a/c.

What are the rules relating to statute barred debt. Am I allowed to write to them, asking them to susbstantiate the alleged debt whilst not acknowledging it?

What are the rules relating to statute barred debt. Am I allowed to write to them, asking them to susbstantiate the alleged debt whilst not acknowledging it?

Apart from checking that the info they mention is accurate, you probably shouldn't do anything more for now.

You can certainly question the debt without acknowledging it, using a formal CCA request or an SB letter.

A debt is SB'd approx 6 years after you last paid towards, or acknowledged, the debt.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Unfortunately, they will keep passing it to different debt collection agencies. What you can do is after sending the Original Creditor a CCA Request, if they don't comply. Let each debt collection agency know that the Original Creditor hasn't responded to you request, Templates in the library.

I tried that with another account, but they keep writing, on a weekly basis....

Slick.

Will take your advice and wait for their next response....

Rebel.

Thanks for the heads up.

I know its not the right thing to do, but I think that its been just under 5 years, since a payment has been made. I'm trying to get to 6, and then breathe.