• Tweets

• good you are getting there. Lloyds/TSb...i certainly would not be risking possible off-setting going on if a choice were there, but in all honestly thats obv too late now..., however..you might not never be in that situation so dont worry too much. regardless to being defaulted or not, if any debt that is not paid/used in 6yrs it becomes statute barred. you need to understand a couple of things like 'default' and 'default notice' a default is simply a recorded D in the calendar section/history of a debt, it does not really mean anything. might slightly hit your rating. the important thing here is a default notice , these are issued by the original creditor (OC) under the consumer credit act, it gives you 14 days to settle whatever they are asking, if you don't then they have the option to register a defaulted date on your credit file. that can make getting other credit more difficult. and hits your rating. once that happens, not matter what you do after that, paying it or not or not paid off or not, the whole account vanishes from your credit file on the DN's 6th b'day. though that might not necessarily mean the debt is not still owed - thats down to the SB date above. an OC very rarely does court and only the OWNER of a debt can instigate any court action (Attempted a CCJ) DCA's debt collection agencies - DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS they have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's TYPE. an OC make pass a debt to a dca as their client to try and spoof people into paying through legal ignorance of the above statement. an OC may SELL on an old debt to a DCA/debt buyer (approx 10p=£1) and then claim their losses through tax write off and their business insurance, wiping their hands of the debt. the DCA then becomes the debt OWNER. since the late 70's dca's pull all kinds of 'stunts' through threat-o-grams to spoof a debtor into paying them the full value of the debt, when they bought if for a discounted sum (typically 10p=£1). you never pay a dca a penny! if read carefully, NONE of their letters nor those of any other 'trading names' they spoof themselves under making it seem it's going up some kind of legitimate legal 'chain' say WILL anything....just carefully worded letters with all kinds of threats of what could/might/poss happen with other such words as instruct forward pass... well my dog does not sit when instructed too...so... DCA's SOMETIMES will issue a court claim, but in all honesty its simply a speculative claim hoping mugs wet themselves and cough up...oh im going to court... BIG DEAL DCA - show me the enforceable paperwork signed by me...9/10 they dont have it and if your defence is conducted properly, most run away from you . however before they do all that they now have to send a letter of claim, cause the courts got fed up with them issuing +750'000PA speculative claims and jamming up the legal system. so bottom line is two conclusions.... if you cant pay a debt, get a DN issued ASAP (stop paying it!) make sure it gets registered on your file then it stops hurting your file/future credit in 6yrs regardless to what happens (bar of course a later DCA CCJ - fat chance mind!)  once you've a registered DN , then look into restarting payments if the debt is still owed by the OC, if SOLD to a DCA, don't pay - see if they issue a letter of claim (then comeback here!).        
    • Any update here?  I ask as we have someone new being hassled for parking at this site.
    • Any update here?  I ask as we have someone new being hassled for parking at this site.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Arrow Claim Form old SB'D/ Mint Card

booty1309
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all,

This is my first posting on these forums so apologies if it's in the wrong place!

This morning I received a claim form from Northampton County Court Bulk Centre with the claimant Arrow Global

stating the following particulars of claim:-

"The claimant claim is for £1401

being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant in respect of a regulated credit card agreement

between the Defendant and the Royal Bank of Scotland (card number XXXXXX)

and assigned to the claimant on 15/12/2010,

notice of which has been provided to the Defendant.

The Defendant has failed to make payment in accordance with the agreement

and a default notice has been served pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Claimant claims the sum of £1401.00."

I believe that this relates to an old Mint credit card which I had in my teens

but no longer hold any paperwork to,

but I am also under the belief that I have not made any form of payment in relation

to this debt in a long time (possibly more than the 6 years required for a debt to be SB).

I've checked my bank statements as far back as 2007

and can't see any record of payments to Mint during this time

so I'm thinking about using the complete defence of the debt being statute barred,

however before I do this, is there a way I can find out for definite

when the last acknowledgement/payment of the debt would have been?

I have checked my credit report this morning with Noddle and nothing shows from Arrow/Mint.

What should be my next steps?

Should I call Arrow and ask for the last payment date in writing?

What should I do with the claim form?

I know that time isn't on my side here so would appreciate any input from experts in this field.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the Financial Legal Issues Forum to ensure that the legal minds get to see your thread. You need do nothing (except continue posting)

You have a grand total of 33 days to file your defence but you should indicate whether you will be defending.

Hopefully help should come along soon.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

ack the claim

defend all

sent them a CCA request

and a CPR 31:14

might be an idea to phone RBS and ask last payment date.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for moving my post to the correct location silverfox.

dx100uk

- I have called Mint who claim that a payment was made in July 2011

but again there is nothing to show this on my bank statement

and they told me they couldn't tell me anymore as the debt was now owned by Arrow.

I also have absolutely no recollection of ever making any sort of payment to Arrow

so think this may be made up information.

I

s it worth also calling RBS too or should I call Arrow to see what details they have?

mint cant just fob you off!!

get that info

who

where

when

by what method.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do not ring anyone. What they say on the phone they would never dare put in writing. They could quite easily tell you more, they just chose not to.

Follow DXs advice to CCA arrow and the cpr request. This may have the effect of stalling this case.

While waiting. send a SAR to RBS to get all the data on this account which will show all payments made (or not made)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks again. This morning I have used the template for the CCA request but wanted to check whether I need to do a CPR 31:14 as well as an SAR, or are these the same thing? I get lost in the world of legal jargon! Also, to clarify, should the SAR go to the registered office in Edinburgh?

Sorry for asking silly questions but want to make sure I get it right :-)

as post 6 CPR+CCA to arrows - do not sign them

rbs head office yes for the sar.

sign the SAR and put any old addresses and proof of your new address say

with a CTAX bill copy for proof of new address if you have moved since taking out the account

IMHO I would send the SAR recorded

the other two can go by 1st class with proof of posting from the PO counter

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

As previously advised the SAR, CPR and CCA letters were all sent recorded on 6th February and as yet, all I have had in response is a letter from Arrow saying that they do not accept that they are the creditors however they will assist with getting the required information and come back to me. I'm still waiting for that.

As the issue date on the court claim form was 30th January, I know that I need to submit my defence by the end of the week, but how do I go about this without the information I need? Is it best to submit an embarrassed defence now asking for more time? If I am granted additional time, should I chase RBS and Arrow?

Thanks again for helping.