MFI - Dodgy Bathroom Installation

dougstitcher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had a bathroom installed by an MFI contracted firm and paid £1000. Then the problems began:

1. The overflow pipe wasn't connected and I had to have the ceiling replaced on my house insurance;

2. While the ceiling was being replaced, we discovered another leak, the tap wasn't flush against the bath and water was seeping underneath;

3. After 3 months of persistantly ringing MFI, they replaced the tap - the plumber said it had been installed badly ("It's a cr*p job").

4. I wrote to MFI asking for some of my installation fee back, they said they'd be in touch in 14 days. It's now been 3 weeks, I rang them and they said they couldn't get hold of the store manager so will ring me back next week!

I'm fed up of them and just wondered if anyone else had had trouble with MFI and what my next step should be?

Letter giving them 14 days to pay

Then Letter saying 14 days or court

Sorry but complete waste of time phoning them.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Ok Now I'm Mad!!!!

Finally spoke to someone today. They said the store manager and the plumber are saying I pulled the taps too hard! This is despite the engineer's report I've got and the actual tap the shows incorrect fitting.

As they say it's my fault, they're gonna give me nothing!

LBA in the post tonight!

• 2 weeks later...

It may not be the right thing to do ,but ,personally I would go into the shop you bought the stuff from and make a big scene so everybody can see you.They might speak to you then just to shut you up.