Cancel an order?

healthykid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry if I have posted this in wrong place. I am still finding my way around modern technology and the internet.

On Tuesday 4 Feb at around 5.30PM I phoned Buyspares and ordered a part for my built in oven even though the woman said that it would take between 2 and 28 days for it to arrive as it was not in stock at present as it was an old part. Stupidly, I paid for it by credit card (£34.51) as I was in a hurry. This order was verified by an e-mail that I received at 5.52pm which gave order reference, billing address etc.

I have since discovered that the part is available for next day from another company that has it in stock at a much cheaper price and that it is a part that is currently being fitted to many different makes/models of oven.

Can I cancel the order with this company?

I was not told of any cancellation rights either verbally or in the e-mail that confirmed the order.

If it is possible can I just phone the company today and cancel the order and ensure that they do not charge my credit card. Do I need to inform my credit card company?

Thank you in advance to everyone that reads this and for any advice offered.

Kindest Regards

You ought to be able to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations but it is a requirement that you do so (in essence) in writing. You do not need to wait until the part arrives and they have 30 days to refund your card. There is no need to contact your card company as you authorised the payment.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread