NCP Parking Contravention Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can someone please advise on the above? I am reading here that I shouldn't ignore.

I had read on other forums that I should ignore.

I have jotted a letter up basically stating that I will not pay due to the fee being disproportionate and according to the unfair consumer contract regs the charge must not exceed the cost to the landowner etc.

I have also put that the signage is insufficient (which it is) so I was not made aware of the terms and conditions as I didn't see them. So I have not entered a contract etc.

Is this the right thing to do?

basically I have parked in the said place for years at night, but it seems NCP have arrived and changed the rules there. I was not aware and parked there as I have done so for the past 5 years.

There is no lighting and I genuinely wasn't aware of the such new inforcement so I didn't buy a ticket.

The ticket price should have been £3.50 and the fine is £100!!

I hope to get this letter off today so appreciate any help as I do not intend to pay this 'fine'

:mad2:

Hi and welcome to CAG

Is it a ticket you have or a letter addressed to you?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hold fire for now. If you reply, you confirm you are the driver. It is better to wait until you get a letter from them addressed to the keeper (even if you were both)

Once the letter arrives we can help see them off and cost them money at the same time. Double bonus :whoo:

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Silverfox1961 is correct "hold fire". wait for the notice to keeper (NTK) bofore you make ANY contact.

Keep notes on dates when letters arrive etc. It's important because they have to complete things in a certain time frame..... and they mess it up alot of the time.

They have to contat the owner between 28 and 56 days after the ticket was issued. Wait until then before saying anything as it forces them to be active rather than just adding your details to their next begging letter.

You dont say who the landowner is, is it a commercial/business or is it a residential area. If the latter NCP are unlikely to have any authority to do anything and if the former they would need to show a loss to them directly attributable to your parking so if it is easy to do so, take pictures of any signs, parking meters etc that are there as these will be useful for the future. If there are no signs then take pictures of the entrance to the site from the public highway and anything else that is relevant like barriers, markings etc.

They have to contat the owner between 28 and 56 days after the ticket was issued. Wait until then before saying anything as it forces them to be active rather than just adding your details to their next begging letter.

You dont say who the landowner is, is it a commercial/business or is it a residential area. If the latter NCP are unlikely to have any authority to do anything and if the former they would need to show a loss to them directly attributable to your parking so if it is easy to do so, take pictures of any signs, parking meters etc that are there as these will be useful for the future. If there are no signs then take pictures of the entrance to the site from the public highway and anything else that is relevant like barriers, markings etc.

I haven't a clue who owns land, its just a car park not connected to any business or residential,

Just on entrance to a small Town.

can you remember what sighns were there before, if any? If NCP own the land you are in for a tough time so ask the council planning dept if there have been any applications for change of use for the land cos if it wasnt an official car park before NCP cant charge you for parking without planning permission.

• 2 months later...
can you remember what sighns were there before, if any? If NCP own the land you are in for a tough time so ask the council planning dept if there have been any applications for change of use for the land cos if it wasnt an official car park before NCP cant charge you for parking without planning permission.

Think its always been ncp but they changed the charges

Now had a letter saying if I don't pay within 14 days then my details will be passed to a debt collectors and they may take legal action!!

What do I do now?

I didn't think they could?

I have a letter written ready to dispute so should I post it now?

Hi

I assume this letter is the Notice to Keeper. This is the time to appeal to NCP. As is usual for these companies, they will reject any representation you give but they should also issue you with the POPLA code to take your appeal further.

As for passing the 'debt' on to a debt collector. They can if they wish but them it is up to you whether you wish to deal with the DCA. They have absolutely no power over you.

As for legal action, well yes they could but if you won at POPLA, they won't.

Letters are designed to scare. treat them with the same contempt you would give me if I sent you a phony demand.

have you received any letters since the ticket was slapped on your windscreen until this one? tell us what the letter actually said as there is a strict procedure that has to be followed and your posts are a bit vague. What date did you park, was the ticket placed on the vehicle and the dates of any correspondence and how they addressed you-as driver or keeper? When you wrote to them did you make it as the driver or the keeper of the vehicle?

Chances are that as they are now talking about debt collectors it wont go any furhter than some increasingly desperate letters from Debt Recovery Plus, who despite what they claim, have no rights to ask you for anything as they are an unauthorised company then it comes to money handling.

If this is the first correspondence from them then they are timed out and can go stick their demands in their filing cabiet.