Help please - court claim 1st Stop PayDay ***Claim Discontinued***

chrismk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking like it will be a no show then...and the claim should be struck out...its your choice chrismk whether to put it in writing but I personally would just raise it at the hearing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most definitely chrismk will be attending.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks all, I think they have asked for the judge to deal in there abscence, I will attend regardless. Do I ask for it to be struck out based on them not complying with the directions or on the fact that there not in attendance, should that turn out to be the case

Be careful because the sanction for none compliance was that their evidence would be inadmissable...not that the claim would be struck out.

So you state that they have failed to disclose failed to issue a WS and request that sanctions are imposed as per the DJ Notice of Allocation dated xxxxx.

On that assumption if they are not attending and they cant submit written evidence...the court would have no alternative but to strike out.....

Got the idea chrismk ?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so hearing scheduled for 10am Tuesday, I have not received the documents, I don't know if the court has copies or not , if the court has not received I'll proceed by asking the DJ to impose sanctions , if the court has received and I haven't how should I proceed?

Object...... request that it be inadmissible.

Andy

Turned up at court this morning for the hearing scheduled at 10 only to be told the hearing had been vacated. It seems the claimant had received a copy of my witness statement, documents and evidence and thought better of it, they received this on the 12th of this month and on the 14th wrote to the court telling them the matter was settled and they were not proceeding. Obviously they didn't tell me so wasted some more of my time making me attend court to find out, even so I'm claiming this as a victory 😁

Yes I think I will they didn't comply with there obligations from start to finish, I'm a little dissapointed I didn't get to state my case to the Judge but relieved I've avoided the possibility of a judgement against me

Turned up at court this morning for the hearing scheduled at 10 only to be told the hearing had been vacated. It seems the claimant had received a copy of my witness statement, documents and evidence and thought better of it, they received this on the 12th of this month and on the 14th wrote to the court telling them the matter was settled and they were not proceeding. Obviously they didn't tell me so wasted some more of my time making me attend court to find out, even so I'm claiming this as a victory 😁

Another abuse of process, using the court system as a debt collection tool and discontinuing at first sign of a defence, then compounding the abuse by not informing you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Absolutely Brig couldn't agree more it's ridiculous

Get a complaint I to the FCA with any evidence you can gather Chris.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I should take this opportunity to give a massive thanks to Andy and all who have given up time to offer guidance and assistance it is very much appreciated, pay day Friday so a donation will be made.

Good result persistence pays off.

I'm sure your donation is much appreciated.

Tons of evidence Brig got everything I submitted to court plus the court doc's etc

Excellent!!!

I should take this opportunity to give a massive thanks to Andy and all who have given up time to offer guidance and assistance it is very much appreciated, pay day Friday so a donation will be made.

Delighted for you chrismk .......make sure you have the conformation of the court that the claim has been withdraw/discontinued...then we can amend your thread title to reflect the outcome.

Well done.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

once again thanks for your help, the court simply told me that the claimant had sent a letter stating that the issue had been settled and they did not want to proceed with the case, hence why the hearing was vacated. The court told me the claimant should have informed me and that I wouldn't get anything from the court.

Should I also expect something from the court?

I suppose not if they vacated and stated they had settled...which they haven't (technically)...normal procedure would be to issue a Notice of Discontinuance.

So we can only assume that it has ended...thread title amended.

Andy