TRITON CREDIT SERVICES - Help Please

Mav75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi lisac

First do not worry. easy said than done. Have you a repayment plan with any consumer debt groups. like payplan etc.. Do you have the agreement of the plan, in a formal letter..IF you have to speak to them again Stating from now on you will only be by communicating in letter form only..Do not sign your name, print it only, How long have you been paying £100.00 euros to them. I know lot of questions, but it will help us to help you.. Also, do you know whom Trition is acting for what credit company.. How long the debt has been owed.. etc.. Green lawyer letter is standard.. .. First you may have to supply a Financial statement. like Income and Out Goings, your main debt is the rent/mortgage. council tax, tv liences. electric gas utitlies food, .. If you are having problems with creditors, then seek consumer debt groups. like Payplan etc.. or citzens advice group will be a big help..

Now. Trition can be nasty demanding, scary.. Do not argue or agree with them.. if they keep ringing you will speak to them in letter form only... Also you can put that your in dispute with Triton, to Green lawyers, over missing payment. which you will have to show record off.

How do you pay this? is it in cheque, or postal order?? post order is good, why cos you got paper proof.. They cannot get to your bank account if they acting for same bank as you are in..

Hope this helps you a little bit... Then if you can give us more information.. best of luck... hugs sky xx

Edited by skydancing

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

thanks for that debt is with ulster bank credit card. only about three four months we have been paying it for the three months. we where paying the mininum. this hundred is ver the mininum payment. i was paying it in branch with cash so it is stamped in the bank so have proof. have done up a letter saying to contact us by letter and that to send a letter stating who sold the debt onto them. what else shuld i put in it also should i put an offer in the letter again off the hundred a month

hi Lisac

first click on this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?48047-Triton-Credit-Serives-Why-don-t-they-listen

read zootscoots posting

It will give you an idea.. what you will need for triton letter....To me l believe you rather than Trition, I put the onus on them to prove they had not got any payments, from you....in writing..from them....If they found out to be lying, I should think this is a no no... Write to them, sorry if you already done a letter.. Stating you deal with them by letter only.. tell them, the offensive manner you was treated, by saying you are liar, etc on the telephone etc .. That you do have proof of payments made, if they wish to see them you will send photocopy of dates and reciepts etc.. do not sign ur name Print it.... Lets see if they ask for them by letter.. Some of these letters from places like Trition, they are standard incline to scare people etc.. Research here.. they will help you... to understand their reasoning, etc..

Because agreement plan, is been made... You did not break it.. The proof of the debt is the ulster bank credit card.. Trition is acting for them... Look at the reference number, of account, it may match.. You may need proof of all your out goings, like bills, etc.. So they can see what you can afford.. priorty bills etc... Look for the sticky for budject information...

with or without a dmp, you would work out what you can afford after you taken all bills that have priority like major bills.. research trition on here, it will give you some idea, what they are like and what you can do to cover yourself... I know that you want to pay the minimum, they will keep trying to push you to pay more etc.. I would still advice, you to go through a dmp.consumer debt line.. free one...

You can also ask for a booklet to be sent to you.. Explaining the debt or debts you have... It would be in your favour if you did this it is tough, but you do not want the hassel of Trition... They will have to adhere to any Dmp.. otherwise they can come upstuck..

hope you can understand this, best of luck to you hugs sky xx

• 2 weeks later...

We just about to go down this route with these lovely guys.

Have a credit card debt with Natwest for just over £300.00 (but as most of this outstanding balance is made up of chargers I have sent them a SAR). Currently awaiting this information so the account is now in dispute. But I have been recieving phone calls, maybe three a day (I never answer them). Have been down this route with other cards and am further down the line with others so am wiser to their ways.

But tonight, well tonight I have lost my head a bit (maybe a touch of PMT here and a guy called Tony felt my full force) They have rang me about 10 time today (I have a weeks holiday from work and have been in all day) but the straw that broke the camels back was after 8.30pm I received 3 phonecalls in the space of 15 minutes (I have a 6 year old child in bed). So I rang them back.

Tony on the other end did not know what hit him. He insitsted that our telephone number was not listed on our account. "well how the hell have you just rang 3 time in the space of 15 mins"? I hate these low life people who ring people at all times of the day for a debt that they can not affoird to pay or they would be paying.

Yes I took out this credit card. Yes I spent the money on it, but the outstanding balance and the amount you are hounding me for is due to your unlawful charges. Feel like hounding them everyday for the money THEY OWE ME!

Don't let these people get you down. Fight them back, makes you feel so much better.

If they phone you again, tell them to stop hasselling you, then report them to oft, tell them communication only in letter form... brrr, they are so horrible.. do not give them time of day, again on the phone.. or, if they do ring you, tell them just a mo, put phone down. five ten mins later hang up they get the message.. I done it to cold call customers.. they got that message too, :!:

hope a sars will do the trick.. all the very best sky xxx

• 1 month later...

Hi have been looking on hear for few month and used letters as advised, great help thank you! Iv a dept of £2630 with mint passed to triton, I made the first 3 monthly payments but could not afford the final settlement, I offered £1500 as I could get help off mother but wanted it as a final and full settlement. They agreed on £1840 but do not understand that it will be marked as part settlement but they say it will show to other enquires as satisfied?? Can u help

I would think there is a settlement figure, though you are paying part of the total figure so that is right, l would want it in black and white that this bill will be settled nothing owing etc.. l would hope that some more people more knowledgeable than me, will answer it... good luck,

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys, i recently am having trouble and Triton have been on to me. Ive been reading thru the threads and it seems you guys know your stuff so i really hope you can advise me on my suituation.

I was living in the UK and was made redundant so i had to move back to the Republic of Ireland. Ive been unemployed now for 2 years now and i was doing my best to make my payments but couldnt keep up, these have since fallen thru and i was passed onto Triton, i owe 3,700 pounds.

Mint were asking for 80 a month and because the currency difference this works out at nearly 100 euro a month on top of that i have to pay 15 euro as i had to pay as an internationl transfer online. With out goings now i can only really afford to pay around 30 sterling a month. I want to make payments as i dont want to go to court and face whatever they throw at me, im sick with worry about this. And as i read in some of messages from other people Triton arent really going to except the tiny amount i can afford to pay.

I was also wondering if they have an Irish branch that that i can make my payments to to so i dont have to pay the transfer money. Or if they are likely to pass this onto an Iriah agency to chase me instead.

Edited by DaveD78

did your mint card have protection on it, if you got reduntant it may that it would pay for itself through card protection.. Trition are terrible to deal with.. now first do not give telephone, if they do ring you, tell them you want written dealings with them. so you got it in black and white which would be in your favor. . .Tell them you are struggling, that you can only send them X number of euros..If they keep ringing you, tell them you will report them to OFT for harrisment.

l would use a postal order (because we had to use a basic bank account no cheque book. etc)Trition is a collection debt agent.. l have dealt them we had a visa with RBS.. our debt was going back years, so they could not trace a credit agreement, so the debt was unenforceable... how long have you had the mint card? If you ask for a cca credit agreement, they may produce it, them the debt will be have to paid.. but others can advice more on this.. We went to payplan for our debts. they helped us a great deal....

If you have to go to court you will have to prove what your expenses from week to week, they will have to obey court etc.. But they would incur far more money to go down this route.. I would ask them to suspend all charges and interests to the debt..

Tell them you can only pay that amount.. and send that amount each month, or when you pay it.. they will back down after a fuss. But l would try to get a cccs to handle your problems or go to cab, see what they would advice.. best of luck

if you go down the cca do not sign your name on anything, Print it only x

Cheers for the response sky its really appreciated. I did have card protection but i tried to activate it and they told me that because i left the UK and didnt register with the socail welfare i wasnt intitled for the protection (it took me 9 months to finally get an answer out of them). I was made redundant and left the counrty a week later so i didnt even cross my mind at the time.

They havent tried to contact me by phone, im effectivelt homeless so im slepping in friends at the moment so they have my parents address (they havent had any calls) just the one letter i recieved.

I have the card since around 2004/2005 no quite sure. Is it Triton i contact for a cca?? Triton did ask for me to go thru and expense form with them last time but i hadnt got the time. I did read in the forumn thread that by law i did i dont have to do this but just tell them how much i can pay and thats it.

did you look at the protection evidence, l would question it, as l thought ireland is part of the uk, maybe more knowledgable people on here will advise you more

Now l would ask do the postal order for a cca, to trition, they will pass it on to the mint company, you need template for the cca, again do not sign your name, only print it, as its allegely known for debt collectors to copy it on to a cca.. now if they have a copy, they can use it, in a court of law, but without one, it becames unenforceable in court, again more knowledgable people can help.. You do need a expense form, if you paying something towards your board at the friends address, how did they get your parents address? or was you living there at the time.. It is great you are trying to sort out your problems, with trition, you could do with an email address rather than communicate letter as you not sure where you are going to live.. as you are based temp at a friends house..

l hope you find work and a new home too best of luck

• 1 month later...

I have Triton Credit Services chasing me for payments on a loan I took out with my ex-partner. I fully understand my obligation to pay my half of the loan and had been doing so until March 2011 when I ran into a few money issues. There is £8605 outstanding on a £25K Natwest loan which they passed to Triton Credit Services. I assumed they would chase my ex for the other half but I have recieved a statement showing that only I have been paying for the loan since June last year. I understand that we are jointly and severally (or something) accountable but since he is in full-time employment too and earning aroung 40K he should be paying his share. I work full-time and money is tight as I have 3 children to support and receive no financial help from my ex. I am about to offer £100 per month payment (which I can't really afford) but I shouldn't be paying the full outstanding amount it should be 50/50 with my ex. They will not discuss what they are getting from him but it's clear from the statement he is paying didly squit! Effectively as I'm paying it seems they dont care about chasing him for his half. I feel particularly aggrieved as out of the £25k only £2900 went to pay off my credit card the rest were debts that my ex had from an outstanding loan and credit cards (although I understand that is irrelevant).

I will not budge on the £100 but I feel that when the debt gets down to around £4k I shouldn't have to pay anything else. Does anyone know how I can proceed with this?

Thank you

FannyAdams73

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone.

I am having a heart attack as we speak!

My business went into insolvency in 2008. I owed 18k in an overdraft to RBS. We had 9k in a payment for maternity pay from the tax man. I duely paid that into the overdraft. Owing 9k. We had a few letters from RBS about making regular payments to clear the loan which we did and have done so for 3 years. We have had one letter from Triton in june 2009 in my husbands name requesting we carry on the short term repayment plan for 6 months then a new one would be set up. We have never heard anything since. We have been paying every month. I took up the quest of sorting out the payments and maybe pay the last bit off completely. I couldnt talk to anyone as it was in my husbands name. He tried a few times but was on hold for ages each time. No one knew of our account. It had gone to some other dept. we have requested a statement a few times..you then give up and go on with your life having 4 children!)

I spoke to my bank manager (at RBS) who had no idea who Triton were. He had someone ring them and they were really awkward with his staff. My husband has rung a few more times and finally we have an account statement.......OMG!!

The intial amount is correct as far as I can see but the 9k we paid in from the tax man is not there and we have all sorts of figures and numbers I just do not understand and we still owe 14k!!!!!

After reading your pages I am filled with dread. Also the debt account letter is from NATWEST?? It is also addressed to me in my maiden name and not my husbands??????

PLEEEASE HELP. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START AND THEY WON'T TALK TO ME AS MY NAME ONLY APPEARS ON SOME LETTERS BUT NOT ON ANY OTHERS???!

Someone at Triton told me as she couldn't see my account to stop paying. I want to pay the debt but not any fines etc.

I feel like I am having heart failure over this.

Hubby works abroad a lot so I can only deal with this when he is home.

Its in such a muddle and I feel betrayed by my bank manager and bank which I have been with for many years...not much longer though.

As they have not been ringing me or threatening me and I have been the one to ring them I want to get the legal situation sorted so I am ahead of the game as it were.

I am going on holiday wednesday and this has ruined it for me..

Any help will be greatly recieved.

• 1 year later...

Keep on telling them you will only give them £ 50 a month. WE are also dealing with this corrupt and fraudulent company who seem to be appointed by both RBS and NATWEST BANKS. We are taking TRIDENT CREDIT SERVICES to the Financial Ombudsman as they have illegally held on to a friends funds for SIX MONTHS. WE paid our friend in excess of £ 20,000 from our Natwest Account in April of this year. He tried to access his funds without success and thought it was all part of the problems that RBS and Natwest had when ALL their systems went down.Unfortun\ately his oaccounty was overdrawn by £ 12 ONLY but as they kept sending letters to the wrong address he did not know that Natwest were continually adding penalty charges to the account - he finally owed about £ 200 so the account was handed over to this corrupt company called TRITON who act outside the Finance Act. He has desperately tried to contact them. They don't like talking to anybody - Obviously when we deposited £ 20,600 into his account - they immediate3ly got their money back but it is still FOUR MONTHS since they have had our money and yet they still won't release our friends money. WE are going to see out Natwest bank manager this week and we will be waiting in his office until they sorted out the matter.. A few heads will ROLL literally !!!! I have no time for these incompetent banks and they will pay the price this time !!!!!!!!

This company TRITON are a bunch of crooks appointed by NATWEST and RBS which says an aweful lot about this BANK. And my friend only owed Natwest £ 12 to begin with.

I am going to the POLICE and ask them to investigate this crooked company appointed by RBS and Nawest.

I have Triton Credit Services chasing me for payments on a loan I took out with my ex-partner. I fully understand my obligation to pay my half of the loan and had been doing so until March 2011 when I ran into a few money issues. There is £8605 outstanding on a £25K Natwest loan which they passed to Triton Credit Services. I assumed they would chase my ex for the other half but I have recieved a statement showing that only I have been paying for the loan since June last year. I understand that we are jointly and severally (or something) accountable but since he is in full-time employment too and earning aroung 40K he should be paying his share. I work full-time and money is tight as I have 3 children to support and receive no financial help from my ex. I am about to offer £100 per month payment (which I can't really afford) but I shouldn't be paying the full outstanding amount it should be 50/50 with my ex. They will not discuss what they are getting from him but it's clear from the statement he is paying didly squit! Effectively as I'm paying it seems they dont care about chasing him for his half. I feel particularly aggrieved as out of the £25k only £2900 went to pay off my credit card the rest were debts that my ex had from an outstanding loan and credit cards (although I understand that is irrelevant).

I will not budge on the £100 but I feel that when the debt gets down to around £4k I shouldn't have to pay anything else. Does anyone know how I can proceed with this?

Thank you

FannyAdams73

• 7 months later...

I had a Gold account with Natwest, the account went overdrawn because of the Account fee & I was never notified by Natwest & never heard from them for over 7 months & could no longer see my personal account so gathered that they had closed it due to inactivity. I also had a business & savings account with Natwest. On Friday last week, my personal account appeared on my mobile banking app as out of nowhere to say that my personal account was £2k overdrawn.

I went to pay money into my business account & was told that my business debit card had been stopped & was told to ring 0845 301 5139, which turned out to be Triton Credit Services.

The guy I spoke to said my card was stopped as my personal account was £2k overdrawn due to accumulated bank charges & that they (Triton) wrote to in January this year.

Well first of all I am very confident that its illegal for banks to charge on charges & secondly I received no letter from Triton.

I was contemplating asking to see a manager to see if I could come to some arrangement with Natwest but from what I have read on here there does not seem to be much point.

Any suggestions on where I go from here would be gratefully appreciated