TRITON CREDIT SERVICES - Help Please

Mav75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Skinny, its probably wise that you start your own thread!

Firstly, try not to worry too much.

You'll learn that alot of these DCAs sent out letters like confetti in an attempt to scare people into coughing up, putting the pressure on psychologically if you will. It is a very, very rare occasion that they actually carry out their threats.

I think that you need to establish a few things here:

1) Were you aware that the account was in debt when you believed it to be closed

2) What constitutes this figure and how is it made up, i.e. get a list of whether your ex made any withdrawls from the account and for how much. If he has, the onus should be on him to repay it, albeit there is joint liability because it was a joint account.

I would suggest sending a subject access request asking for copies of the statements for the account.

If there are any penalty charges, such as unauthorised overdraft charges or maintenance charges then these are enough to be able to put the account in dispute because of their unlawful nature - the results of the case of the OFT vs The Banks/Building Society should hopefully be due soonish. If these are unlawful then they are reclaimable in their entirity if paid, or invalid due to their unlawful nature if they have not been paid.

The OFT state in their guidance for debt collectors with an account in dispute attempts to collect should not be made. It might be wise familiarising yourself with this:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Its best to contact them only in writing, as they could say anything over the phone and you would not have a copy of it.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Enron. Please do not worry. I've had all those threatening letters with Bold letters and Final action written all over them but when I stayed firm on the truth (i.e. how much I can afford to pay them) they left me alone, passing the account back to NatWest. You do need to reply to their letters but be firm. In this case, you would refer to your recorder delivery letter and insist you they reply to that. Also, check out if you do indeed need to repay this amount, as Enron suggests - maybe the charges are unlawful.

Hi guys,

Its not often that I am on this forum but I wanted to offer my humble contribution to all those suffering abuse by debt collectors/agents/ Triton/Green & Co etc.

I have been dealing with the credit card issues for the past 12 months but using something which is called Private Notarial Process. I cannot go into this as it is very complicated and you must know what you’re doing. However, as a result, I’ve send the paperwork to the courts to award me the money I asked for regarding Mint credit card (Royal Bank of Scotland). The court has lost my paperwork (hmmmm....) so – I can pass on a few pointers and comments to all of you struggling.

1. Green & Co is a legit solicitors, run by Miss Julie Green (Principle), registered with the Law Society, registration 342508.

2. Ms Green’s individual registration number is 15628. This means they are not bogus. However....

3. As a third party intervener, she or her company does not have firsthand knowledge, cannot testify under oath about any particulars of your ALLEGED debt, PARTICULARLY if you dispute it as suggested at numerous posts on this forum.

4. You DO NOT HAVE TO CONTRACT with her or her company.

5. Please read Contracts (rights of third parties) Act for your own benefit and learn what rights she has as a third party intervener.

6. If your contract (credit card agreement) was effected before 2007, they are things you can use to dispute the validity of the alleged debt.

7. If you decide to write back to any of the parties involved, always send it by recorded mail (£1.14 first class). Never ever send letters which are not registered.

8. Never ever argue. This will put you in “dishonour” (read Blacks Law Dictionary or Google it). Be very polite despite attacks and provocations.

9. What I normally do (and I am not suggesting you should do what I do) is I send them NOTICE Pursuant to Section 10 of Data Protection Act 1998 as well. See the Forum for this Notice. I modify mine to suit my circumstances.

10. You should bear in mind, that if you complain to the Legal Complaints Service, and you can, you can be awarded compensation if Green & Co is found in breach. I’ve done it and got £600 but it was a different solicitor and a different matter (mortgage). To support any potential claim, you must document everything, take names, notes of conversations and have a legitimate reason for complaint. All the information you need is on their website.

11. A solicitor can be struck off if too many people complain about them. It will most certainly have a massive impact on their insurance premiums, and will stay on theirs company’s file for a long time. You should also note that an insurance company may refuse to insure them if the number of complaints is sufficient and supported by Legal Complaints Service which will give them enough hassle and will cause them to waste much time in defending claims by consumers. If they are 20 people complain about Green & Co to Legal Complaints Service and are upheld, this will put Ms Green out of business for good. Just a thought.....

12. I also tend to send these third party interveners my schedule of fees for wasting my time (if my account is in dispute).

For your information only, I will quote three paragraphs from my letter, which I think maybe relevant and help alleviate fears of people being chased by TRITON/ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND/GREEN & CO, etc,etc. The Most important thing is – EDUCATE yourselves and read up on these acts mentioned in this post – or indeed – read this Forum from top to bottom and the fear will melt away.

I trust this was useful.

I would like to offer the following comments for your consideration:

1. To the best of my knowledge, I do not have any formal contract with Green & Co or yourself as I have never met you, spoken to you or given you permission in any form to interfere in my commercial affairs or contact me. I consider your company to be a third party intervener with no firsthand knowledge or authority to interfere in my private matters and as such you have no legal standing.

2. The alleged debt is in dispute and the Notarial Protest Award has been forwarded to the Southend County courts. I await the court decision. The matter is as such in disputed and you are committing an offence by sending me threatening letters.

3. On the basis of your company’s registration with the Law Society, number 342508 and your personal registration as a solicitor number 156284, it is my understanding that you should adhere to the governing laws and legal statutes, in particular be familiar with the Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1970. It is my understanding that you have no legal standing in contacting me regarding the private matter in dispute and are likely to be committing an offence under the quoted statutes.

4. I was advised that any complaint against unfair, wrongful or fraudulent actions of a solicitor can be registered with Legal Complaint Services which may have bearing on your insurance if you were found to be in breach. If the claim if found to be justified, the claimant maybe awarded financial compensation for distress and/ or financial loss incurred. I was made aware that any complaints registered with Legal Complaint Services will show on your company’s record and your insurance company will have to be informed of any complains even if they are not supported.

UNQUOTE

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I should probably start my own thread as I’m new to this forum, but I can’t work out how to do it!

I have followed this thread from start to finish and it has been extremely helpful. It’s been a fair few months since anyone has posted now, but I hope someone will be able to give me some advice.

I have just entered in to battle with Triton. I have a NatWest student credit card that has been maxed out to its full allowance of £500 for over 2 years. About September 2009 I fell behind with the minimum payments per month. I have now received 2 letters from Triton. I phoned them yesterday for the first time and I was met with what appears to be their usual response. A choice of 3 options, pay the £500 in full, pay 3 lots of £220 instalments over 3 months, or court proceedings

During this conversation and through my naivety at dealing with this sort of situation I made my first mistake. I gave them my mobile number. I informed them that I am currently unemployed and claiming Job Seekers Allowance. I confirmed my address and that I was renting.

I told them I cannot afford either of the first 2 options, I said that I could only pay £20 per month and that even that would be a stretch (or impossible). Obviously they refused that and the antagonistic women I was speaking to said that I had 48 hours to decide which of the options I would choose (the £500 immediately or the £220 a month for 3 months) or she would start court proceedings.

Well, sure enough my mistake has come back to haunt me and I awoke to the first of what is now hourly calls from Triton. I have not answered the phone to them, after reading this forum last night I realise that wouldn’t be a good idea.

But what now?

Do I answer the phone and tell them I no longer wish to communicate via telephone and that all contact will now be by letter? Or do I do this by letter alone? That could be quite a few days of calls every hour...

Do I right to them asking for details of who is now controlling the account, i.e proof that NatWest have passed the account to Triton? If so could someone please link me to a template letter?

The outcome I want of this is of course for the credit card to be payed off, but within my means. I want, whilst still unemployed, to be able to pay them £5 per month. I am gathering from this forum that they will refuse to accept that. Am I to continue to pay £5 a month anyway, as an acknowledgement of the debt? Surely that will help me if this did go to court? But who do I send the checks too, and how can I be sure that Triton is using the money to pay off my debt if I will not be receiving statements anymore?

As you can see, despite reading the other incredibly helpful posts in the forum I am still a little confused as to what is best to do in my situation. Is there anyone who could answer my specific question?

Just a few more details to help with the most effective answer.

I am claiming income based job seekers allowance. I only have a mobile phone that requires topping up with credit and no access to a landline except perhaps a phone box. I am 25 years old and the NatWest student credit card was acquired during my 2nd year of university, around 3 years ago.

Apologies for the long message, I would be extremely grateful if anyone could offer advice, Triton have called twice while I have been composing this message, it seems the calls are getting more frequent!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys

My Sisters was at Uni and ran up a credit card debt of about £4k, she made a payment plan to repay at £30pm to the card company but fell behind and the account got passed to Triton Credit Services. She now has a job and doesn't want to have her credit rating damanged. However, and this is what I don't understand when she contacted them to set up a payment plan on a standing order, they said they could only accept the following.

1. repayment in full

2. six monthly payments of £692.

The poor girl is now freaking out as neither option is viable. She is worried about being taken to court (which is what they are threatning) as it would permenantly damage her credit rating at such a young age.

Why won't they accept a payment plan? is it because she didn't keep up her payments?

She has offered to repay at £50pm which is more than they would get in court so I don't understand their problem, If anyone can shed any light on this I'd be grateful as I don't have a clue but it appears really heavy handed????

She's a grown-up. It's time for her to behave like an adult and pay off her debts, then she will be able to start over and earn her place ín adult society. If she has a job (or gets one), she should be able to pay this off in six months, with a few sacrifices, if she puts her mind to it. If that is not the case, she should take a second job, and a third if neccessary. If college has to be put on hold for a year, so be it. It's called taking responsibility..

I wish you both well, and we all makes mistakes, but there comes a time when we to have pay for them, rather than have our mummies whine about it on the Internet! Stop looking for an easy way óut, and just get on with it! The world doesn't owe her a living.

Edited by jkljl

• 3 weeks later...

These people are bullies, vicious and evil

Nat West are fully aware of their tactics and have confirmed this today

anyone reading this should write to the Financial Ombudsman and Trading Standards complaining about their tactics

Not everybody in this country wishes to be in financial difficulties

they have put me in hospital with a heart attack and continue to apply pressure

She's a grown-up. It's time for her to behave like an adult and pay off her debts, then she will be able to start over and earn her place ín adult society. If she has a job (or gets one), she should be able to pay this off in six months, with a few sacrifices, if she puts her mind to it. If that is not the case, she should take a second job, and a third if neccessary. If college has to be put on hold for a year, so be it. It's called taking responsibility..

I wish you both well, and we all makes mistakes, but there comes a time when we to have pay for them, rather than have our mummies whine about it on the Internet! Stop looking for an easy way óut, and just get on with it! The world doesn't owe her a living.

TROLL.

Triton are utter tw*ts, since the end of jan i have had approx 7 letters demanding a full balance of £22000 and even been asked for proff of my recent surgery.... im tempted to send them a pic of the wound 2 days after the operation in glorious technicolour!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just like everyone else, I'm having a battle with Triton. After being phoned at work :mad:(I refused to discuss my account), I spoke to a cheeky female tonight - she asked me what I was phoning for!?! and gave me 2 options.

1. Pay the full debt amount

2. Go to court

She also accused me of lying after I refused to give her my CCCS ref number. Think I'll be following everyones advice - Thanks!:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, some great advice here having just read through the first couple of pages! I'm in a simelar spot with Triton, after falling behind on payments with my NatWest credit card they've handed the debt of £464.79 over to Triton who have sent me two letters to date, the first of which instructed me to call them to pay the full amount of discuss proposals for repayment if I was unable to pay the full amount. I phoned up explaining my position of being out of work but I'm infact starting a new job in mid April so I suggested setting up a standing order of £20 a month to show willing, then after a few months of work I'll be in a position to settle the remaining debt. The incredibly rude, condescending woman on the other end of the phone said that the two options are pay the full amount or go to court and that they didn't do standing orders or monthly payment schemes at all. She also went onto lecture me that I shouldn't get into debts I cant afford to pay off, when I asked her if it was part of her job to be rude to people she said "goodbye" and hung up on me!

I think my Dad is in a position to help me out and loan me the full amount to clear the debt on the understanding that I pay him back over time from my new job, but my question is when people have made payments to Triton, is it secure? Have you recieved receipts of payment and confirmation that the debt has been settled? They seem exactly the sort of people who would take a payment and then dispute whether any payment was ever made a month or two later! Cowboys basically! I'm fully aware that if they did take me to court thye would not benefit from it in the slightest but as someone said earlier I really dont want to ruin my credit rating at 22 over a relitively small debt!!!

Sorry forgot to add that the second letter claimed I hadn't been in touch that if I didn't make a payment they would send a "debt recovery agent" (bailiff I suppose?) to call on me to "discuss" the outstanding amount....

Hi darlo tom,

Yes Triton are a nasty bunch. Although unbelievable I did manage to speak with a pleasant woman. If you're looking to pay it off, and your Dad can help I suggest you let them know that your father is willing to help you. But he needs time. Get your father to transfer the money from his account, that way there will be a third party involved and a paper trial, it's to ensure that they never come back trying to claim that it's not been paid.

Hi guys found this site after a quick search for Triton!!!!

I have had my Mint Card debt passed to them, about £500 i owe, the really snotty women said I had 2 options

A) pay in full

B) pay 129 a month for 4 months.

I said I was willing to pay on a monthly plan but 129 was too much, she was such a rude cow, not willing to listen to any less, I asked surely me wanting to pay something was better than nothing, she advised no and their solicitors would be in touch.

I gave it 2 minutes and called back, 3 times a woman answered I hung up just in case it was the same woman, then a man answered, I told him the situation and that I was willing to pay £50 a month, and that this was alot more than they would get from going to court, and that I know they do schemes over longer than 4 months, so why was it not possible.

He then said he would have to refer it to see if this was possible.

So I'm now gonna have to wait to hear from them.

What a joke!

Worst company to deal with ever!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Currently I am a student in my second year of University. I had a student account with a £1500 overdraft at Natwest Bank for a while now. Last year I hit the overdraft limit at about £1493 and decided to leave it thinking it would not go over. I realised I have a direct debit for my phone contract coming out of the account in October and called up Natwest to ask whether the direct debit would go through and throw me over my limit. The man on the phone advised me that it would not and after I asked whether there was even a direct debit coming out of the account he also said no. A few weeks later after returning home from University I find that the account has gained charges for a "Rejected Direct Debit" which threw me over the limit and made the account continue to gain interest. At first when I started receiving calls I googled the number and most said it was a [problem] to get your Natwest account details so I ignored it. Being very irresponsible I decided to ignore every phone call and letter I have got from Natwest. The account has now defaulted and been closed and over the past couple days I have had a number ringing and leaving messages from "Triton Credit Services" asking me to call back and ask for "Katie".

First of all I don't believe the account should have gone over the overdraft limit in the first place due to the fact that customer support for Natwest informed me that this WOULD NOT HAPPEN. I assume that by law their customer support has to record phone calls? Am I able to request a transcript of the phone call or the audio file itself?

Along with this, since the debt is in an overdraft on my account, am I to request a CCA or would this not be applicable? I will be writing to Triton within the next few days to tell them I would only like correspondence in writing as the phone calls are getting annoying. Can you give me any advice as to how I should handle this?

I am happy to pay off the original overdraft of £1500 that was agreed with Natwest anyway but not until I graduate after 2011.

Thank you very much.

i dont have much help to offer, but i have been dealing with triton, they are horrid.

its good that youre informing them to only contact you in writing as they will lie over the phone.

hopefully some one will be along soon, there is a good thread here on money saving expert that might help..im sure overdrafts were covered somewhere. its a big thread, but the first few pages might help you, flow chart of action, template letters etc. if its not on there, search for the info. i use both forum sites, fantastic advice on here and there

Unenforceability & Template Letters III - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Hi guys,

I have been advised to write on here for a bit more info, I have been dealing with Triton for 8 months, I haven't even got passed the Credit agreement stage yet!!!! They keep writing back to me unsatisfied that I am the account holder, I have always read on here that you should not sign the letters sent..... They are saying without the signatures they will not process the application. So i sign it, but not my signature signature - letter comes back - signature does not match..... Im wrting to Triton, RBS are replying - I have recently had a phonecall stating RBS have said yes - chase this debt, we give you (Triton) permission - apparently, the debt is now going to be passed on to debt collectors, I asked them if they were able to do this - they have stated they can "do what they like!" So down goes the phone and I'm STILL trying to get hold of my Credit agreement!!!!! :confused:

Apparently the letter RBS have written back to me, with account details and a statement enclosed (:eek:) have stated that they are not completely happy that I am the account holder, therefore they are not supplying me with the requested data until I ether sign the signature that matches what they hold on file.... or..... go to my local branch and ask them to then confirm my identity..... what a nightmare!!!! As I say this 1st stage has taken 8 months so far!!!!!

Any Info or advice will be gratefully received :D

Bizniz

bizniz, in the circumstances you find yourself in I would use the signature guard you can purchase from this site.

It took a lot of finding (there used to be a link on the home page once): http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/digitalsignature.php.

It costs £4.00 and produces an anti-tamper version of your true signature. Triton/NatWest cannot them claim that you haven't signed your letter.

Edited by IainHL
And after all that hunting it comes up with the AutoLinker!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick message regarding my dealings with Triton. About a month ago (when still unemployed) after advice from a friend who had simelar issues with a debt collector I sent a letter stating that I was unemployed and in no position to pay my debt of £464 in one lump as was made out to be my only option, I proposed a token payment of £2 per month until I gain employment at which point I would be able to settle the debt in full. I also attatched a bank statement from March-April to prove that I was not lying about my income.

Having just started my new job I receieved a letter of acknowledgement saying in the circumstances they would accept my £2 per month token payments for a period of 6 months on the understanding that after 6 months I would need to once again provide evidence of my income being inusufficient otherwise pay the debt in full (which I will be able to do comfortably in 6 months time). So dont let them fob you off by telling you that they dont do standing orders or monthly token payments because they're basically lying to you.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys & Girls. I had debt with Natwest that ran into to the thousands.(£13000) The company I worked for went into administration and I could not keep up with my overdraft and loan repayments. When triton called me it was " hi, we have an account you hold with nationwide and we're calling to to collect the full balance" I laughed at the lady and told her that I could only afford to repay £100 p/m take it or leave it. She tried getting more out of me and I told her to take me to court because she is demanding money that I physically don't have to which she accepted my offer.

My advice is call CCCS or visit the website. You will fill in an expenditure form which will prove to these people that you can't make the payments they are asking for. Mine worked out: Income £1350 Outgoings £1300. So I had £50 to pay to my lenders. This was the best move I made and I was repaying £5 a month to lenders I was oweing thousands too. They are really a great help. You can do it online as well.

Good Luck.

We had a problem with trition, it is when we handed our debt problems to Payplan,, They were horrible, in fact they scared my hubby, until l took control of the situation.. Because they were rude, unfeeling people. I did a CCA on them, it was for RBS visa.. because they could not produce one. They wrote £1300 off... So, unless the debt is going way back, then it could have gone the other way and they produced one.. Best luck. let your DMP handle their rudeness..... Do not sign anything, print your name.. best of luck...

• 2 weeks later...

hi new to this

have the same situation with triton but i am based in the republic of ireland.

had a payment plan in place of 100 euro a month which i was paying. they sent a letter out saying that they where dissappointed no payment being made and threatened legal action. rang them and they said i had never rang and that i was lying. ased if the payment had be received and they had. they are now loking for 350a month which i cant afford. received a letter from that green solicators of the same effect.

any advice