TRITON CREDIT SERVICES - Help Please

Mav75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just receoved letter from the mighty "Triton". I also something about Company law. My letter clearly states at the bottom that "Triton Credit Services is a trading name of The Royal (there's an oxymoron if there every was one) Bank of Scotland". Basically, in company law terms this means that it RBS pretending to be someone else. A limited ccompany can trade in any name other than its own, so long as it states on its letters that "This is a trading name...trading style or whatever of XXX Ltd.

However, a company that used such a tactic would look very silly if this was raised in court as they would appear to be "passing themselves off" as a company other than their true status. Companies house would probably take action in such cases.

Don't be intimidated-they have not got a clue what they are doing and we can run rings around them. Just ignore them-they can only intimidate people if they get to speak to you-if they ring just tell them that you have been advised to only accept written communiciations.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive just double checked the agreement and ive come across this

this is a credit agreement by the consumer credit act 1974. sign it only if you want to legally bound by its terms. to be bound by this agreement you must place a tick in the box . the tick confirms that you have signed the agreement ( where the signature of customer is )and there is a tick in the box if they had sent the credit agreement i would of signed it not put ticks in a box what should i do

The key question is what do you want to happen?

Do you want to go down path a find fault with the agreement - field lots of debt collection letters and phonecalls - maybe get taken to court - maybe get a judge that agrees and rules the debt unenforceable.

Or do you just want to have a quiet live - contact the cab or cccs - set up a repayment plan you can afford (bankrupcy even!)

If you want to fight the rbs remove your personal details and copy your agreement, with something like photobucket, then someone will give you an idea if you can win.

Hi,

I have just receoved letter from the mighty "Triton". I also something about Company law. My letter clearly states at the bottom that "Triton Credit Services is a trading name of The Royal (there's an oxymoron if there every was one) Bank of Scotland". Basically, in company law terms this means that it RBS pretending to be someone else. A limited ccompany can trade in any name other than its own, so long as it states on its letters that "This is a trading name...trading style or whatever of XXX Ltd.

However, a company that used such a tactic would look very silly if this was raised in court as they would appear to be "passing themselves off" as a company other than their true status. Companies house would probably take action in such cases.

Don't be intimidated-they have not got a clue what they are doing and we can run rings around them. Just ignore them-they can only intimidate people if they get to speak to you-if they ring just tell them that you have been advised to only accept written communiciations.

A more apt question would be are they licenced and allowed to perform debt collection activity. IMHO a judge in a county court wouldn't be too concerned that Triton are a trading name of Rbs.

In any case it wouldn't be Triton processing the case this would get passed to the legal team or whichever solicitor is in favour.

You are right that thought should be given to how your correspondance would look if this went to court though. Would always recommend making an offer without admitting liability. Even if its something ridiculous like 10% of the balance over 60 months it does show you are trying to resolve things and avoid court.

Can anyone please advise. I have had a DMP with the CCCs for 3 years now happily paying and updating my expenditure every october.

Today i recieved 3 calls (whilst i was at work) fron Triton Credit Services on behalf of the Nat West about my monthly payment. As far as i am aware i was updating Natwest every 6 months and they were happy what i was paying through the CCCS.

Now after reading through the previous threads, it seems Triton have gotten their teeth into me for no apparent reason.

I must say i am a little worried about this

anyone offer any advice please?

In my case Triton shows their ugly face only when my periodic updates to NatWest are due (i.e. once every year or every six months)... but yours is not due till October... maybe they are too eager to try their nasty stuff. Don't accept their calls and wait for a letter. Instuct whoever answers the phone to tell them to write instead.

thats exactly whats happened, my 6 month review is due now, and i was shocked and worried to hear from someone other than Nat West.

I will inform them if i get to the phone that i do not want to corospond by telephone but by letter only.......i'm assuming this works?

Thanks for your help

you have put my mind at ease a little after 5 hours of worrying :)

Update ...... Telephoned Nat West today to find out whats going on , and asked about Titan, basically the man i spoke too was representing Titan even though i telephoned a Nat West number. What an ignorant S**T he was , they again have added £300 !! nearly in interest over the last 6 month period, and when i asked why i was told it was company policy.

The last time i spoke to them they reduced the interest to base rate, of 0.5% ...... this time they wont budge, wouldn't even give me his name, even though he was supposed to be representing the Nat West.

By this rate by the time i pay off my other creidtors (whom have frozen interest) i will have to take out another CCCS plan just to offload the Nat West !!

Anyone any ideas what i can do with these ignorant people?? Just the Nat West, as my other creidtors are fully understanding

Any ideas greatly appreciated :)

My advice (for what its worth) once a creditor has put you in the situation that you are accumilating more interest than you are paying back and are hassling you to boot - it's war.

Stop all payments to them, write and explain this is because there is no point in continuing payments only to see the balance rise. At the same time subject access them and prepare your case for court. Once they have defaulted and terminated your account the interest stops and a judge would only allow a payment of what you can afford. Of course cccs don't like this and you may have to manage payments to your other creditors in person.

Other than this you are best just refering them to cccs and asking the cccs to write to them to suspend interest and not call you.

Some creditors I pay religiously but once they step over the line I don't take no prisoners. They treat you like dirt what can they expect!

Really FED UP now, after speaking to the Nat West yesterday, i was told that i would recieve NO more calls from titan ...........Today guess what ! :mad:

5 answer phone messages from Titan !!!

HOW ? do i stop these people as they will not listen when i request to be contacted by letter only!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Really FED UP now, after speaking to the Nat West yesterday, i was told that i would recieve NO more calls from titan ...........Today guess what ! :mad:

5 answer phone messages from Titan !!!

HOW ? do i stop these people as they will not listen when i request to be contacted by letter only!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

i know this.

By law they are allowed to phone you up to 8 times a day between 9-5.

you really should change your number.it's the easiest way.if you ever have to contact them by phone (not recommended) then with-hold your new number.If they ask for your new phone number don't give them one.

I don't know if this is possible, but assuming they are calling you from a number that is not withheld is it possible to automatically redirect their lines to another number like a voicemail number or directly to the OFT!

They are not allowed to call you if you sent the letter and requested written correspondance only and are answering letters.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/52-harassment/135--harassment-by-telephone-response-letter-

If they continue you will have to take the steps threatened in the letter i.e. ofcom, trading standards. Also worth phoning the phone company you use advicing them of the calls and that you require the number blocking.

Are you going through security every time they call?

I simply refused and played some music down the phone till they hung up. Seemed to stop the calls.

No never gone through security once ....today just got home and they have telephoned 14 times since 09.00 am this morning it is now 17.00 ........this is harrasment me thinks

will send a letter of to them requesting non telephone contact

thanks

UPDATE 19.00 tonight recieve another call fron the dreaded TRITON, after several minutes of disscussion with a young lady, i now discover that they have me down as a home owner!! bearing in mind when i opened the account in 1986 i was a mere 16 years old!!

Anyway after several legal threats from the young lady whom when i asked if Triton were threatening me with legal action ( she denied this even though she told me 3 times that it might well be taken to legal action) we came to an uneasy agreement.

They have agreed to keep accepting the payments paid to them through the CCCS and review again in 6 months.

I also INSISTED that i no longer be telephoned and recieve mail only from them.

Does anyone think they still have the supposed credit agreement i am supposed to have signed in 1986 when my account DID NOT have an overdraft facility?

If not i would dearly love some guidance on how to take this further

hi ive just had triton on the phone again they asked how much i could afford to pay each month i said 30 n they said the min they could accept was 50 per month which i agreed to pay then she says she needs a payment by friday at the latest and i told her that couldnt pay it till 2 weeks because i had to wait for our incapacity benefit and because i dont have any cards from which i could pay it ( if i had i wouldnt be in this mess) she then informed me that she has no other option but to take me to court and that i would hear from there solicitors within the week my husband then phoned them back because i was in tears and he said that if they take me to court they would probably only get half of what they are wanting a month and that if they could wait the 2 weeks then we would pay the 50 as we had agreed they refused and my husband has told them to go ahead and take me to court and has also told them that we are going to see a solicitor about them phoning and the nature of the phone calls

Well done to your husband - he did the right thing! If they take you to court you will not be paying more than the 30 you say you can afford. However, as I've mentioned in these forums earlier, they might need to see an income and expenditure form (budget) and a list of creditors to believe what you say. Otherwise, they always try to squeeze as much as they can from you. Also, I would never deal on the phone with them - only in writing.

By the way, even if you had another card and you were able to pay them with that before the incapacity benefit comes through, I would still not recommend it. And actually if they asked you to pay credit with credit, then you could report them to the OFT.

Really don't understand why anyone would talk to these people on the phone. They can virtually say anything they want without fear of redress. If you send them a written communication only letter and stick to it you will find they are much more relaxing to deal with.

As for the threat of court - it is just that. A mean threat made to make you pay more than you can afford. Send them the £30 when you can afford it and continue making regular payments. It is then highly unlikely they would take you to court because if they did they judge would more than likely set the repayment at a simular amount and award costs in your favour as you acted reasonably and didn't cause the court action.

Please don't let these people get to you they just aren't worth the tears.

Hi people,

Im new to this site but it looks helpful. Unfortunately I can't browse some of the rules because of my work server so hopefully I don't break any by posting this up - apologies if I do :grin:

I took out a loan with NatWest about a year & half ago for a car - long story short being young I wasted. That wasn't a problem though.

I then had to relocate due to family issues so lost my job and had to set up a repayment scheme (I'm due to pay £110 to NatWest each month) plus repayments over 6 months which worked out to £250 in total a month - while living with parents (I don't know so can't afford that)

I had one month left on the repayment scheme until I couldnt afford to pay it again, due to having to move out & pay rent deposits, etc for my own place (I hate parents :Cry:)

I missed 3 months payments and NatWest handed over my details to Triton.

I agreed with them to pay £150 (extra £40!!) a month over 3 months to get my highest interest account with NatWest paid off, apprantly thats what the law requires, to pay off the highest interest account - I only have that account though because they've charged me silly amounts! The guy at Triton then said after the 3 months I could then rearrange my loan after the 3 payments and that would be the end of it providing I keep up to date with my payments. I don't know how this would work though.

I'm about to make my 2nd payment -today or tomorrow - however I wanted your advice on whether this is the process I should be following.

I obviously want to try and keep my credit record as good as I can but I think thats been messed up however what I dont want is baliff's coming round mine as I dont want my landlord to get annonyed then tell me I have to move out and have nowhere to live. :confused:

What would you do in my circumstances?

I can afford to pay up to £150 a month repaying everything, I would prefer £110 as its my original and gives me a bit extra spare each month & I also know I should claim back these charges I've incurred. Would I be able to claim them back?

Any advice on this would be brilliant before I pay this £150 due to them by the end of the month.

Thanks,

Mike

P.s I know I shouldn't of taken out the loan in the first place but we all make mistakes :(

Don't apologise for taking the loan. Most of us have been there and done that. Also, lending organisations invented this game, so they are aware of the risks. My opinion is that they do a very bad job at credit rating and take big risks - they should have known better. For exampe, I had banks keep offering me credit cards when I already had missed a number of payments and my credit rating was already affected.

For advice on the matters you mention you can also visit:

National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000

CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity

For example, taken from CCCS's FAQ page:

What if they're threatening to send debt collectors to my house?

It is important to understand that debt collectors are not the same as bailiffs. Unlike bailiffs, debt collectors cannot take any direct action against you other than asking you to pay. Few debts are recovered by debt collectors as it is expensive for the creditor. If a collector does call, make an offer of payment and give them a copy of your budget. Smaller regular payments are more effective than larger ones that you can't keep up. If the collector demands a higher payment than you can afford, be firm about the offer you've made. Ask the collector to accept payments by post if this would be better for you than paying at the door.

My comment: avoid paying at the door and refuse to arrange a meeting at your home. If they contact your landlord or send a letter addressed "to the occupier" or some rubbish like that that your landloard may read, then you have to complain to the OFT. Insist that all your communication will be only in writing from now on as you want to keep an accurate record or what is said and done (plus it's your legal right).

Above post is very interesting! I also knew this but when I questioned Triton about it - They adamantly told me that they were a completly seperate company!! All of there letters are in exact font as the letters i get from Natwest (which is quite distinctive for a company) They are open the exact same hours as well. Before I found this site - I phoned Natwest and asked to speak to a person and there extension number - they tried to transfer and i was told they were on the phone - the person i was trying to get hold of was someone that I had spoken to at Triton and therefore must of been in the same offices as the person i spoke to in Natwest! They hung up on me when i told them i knew they were a trading name of Natwest or RBS!! Spoke to Triton with same claim and they denied it! I will wait to see if i get another response from wither them or Natwest in regards to my CCA request!

Triton told me that they were a separate company

But when I phoned them today because they hadn't replied to my data processing notice to stop processing my data, they were quite adamant that they were a trading name of natwest, that all of their letters said so & to contact natwest!

Hi

Don't know what to say other than have been really stupid and run up credit card debts of £16,000. I have a management plan not that Triton want to know. I have had texts from them requesting I phone an 0845 number to discuss urgent financial issues. Will this ever stop?

Hi

Don't know what to say other than have been really stupid and run up credit card debts of £16,000. I have a management plan not that Triton want to know. I have had texts from them requesting I phone an 0845 number to discuss urgent financial issues. Will this ever stop?

If you have a management plan your happy with you can just ignore them and change your phone number. They are unlikely to send this back to legal if you are maintaining payments but they will continue harrassing you to try and get you to agree to pay more than you can afford.

They're just bullies and you musn't give in or loose hope!

• 2 weeks later...

hay guys,

i seem to be in the same situation, :(.

a few years ago i took out a over draft and a credit card, witch mounted up to a total bebt of nearly 3K.

now without warning my debt were passes to TRITON CREDIT SERVICES. now they are demanding that i make a full repayment, and also threatening me with legal action.

yeah i work full time and i do earn money, but i also have other debts such as mobile phone and mobile brordband contract bills to pay. witch are on a standing order with my bank and after all bills have been payed im left with bearly nothing for the rest of the month.

now triton continusly call demending money from me, money i dont have.....

what can i do ??

ive offered them £20 £30 each month, but they wont accept it, i cant even get in to see some one at the CAB due to the long hours i work as a chef.

and worst of all was that i wasnt even given any warning from the bank to say that they where passing my debts on to dredit agencys.

please help.............

hay guys,

i seem to be in the same situation, :(.

a few years ago i took out a over draft and a credit card, witch mounted up to a total bebt of nearly 3K.

now without warning my debt were passes to TRITON CREDIT SERVICES. now they are demanding that i make a full repayment, and also threatening me with legal action.

yeah i work full time and i do earn money, but i also have other debts such as mobile phone and mobile brordband contract bills to pay. witch are on a standing order with my bank and after all bills have been payed im left with bearly nothing for the rest of the month.

now triton continusly call demending money from me, money i dont have.....

what can i do ??

ive offered them £20 £30 each month, but they wont accept it, i cant even get in to see some one at the CAB due to the long hours i work as a chef.

and worst of all was that i wasnt even given any warning from the bank to say that they where passing my debts on to dredit agencys.

please help.............

They do not need to accept your payment proposals for you to pay. As long as you pay something each month and communicate this is all you can afford they are very unlikely to take you to court. What's a judge going to do if they do? Award costs against them and set the payments at the level you offered most likely.

Your credit score might take a battering but that's not always a bad thing is your taking money you can't afford to repay.

Hi, Im desperately in need of advice,

I had a joint account with my ex which I thought had been closed but found out in April this year that it hasnt and its £2,140.00 over drawn! after a lot of letters and phone calls to RBS they have passed it over to a company called Triton Credit. I got my first letter from them last week and after reading the comments on this forum regarding the said TRITON, I was empowered. I phoned them and was told in no uncertain terms I was to pay the full amount. I put down the phone and taking advice from this site I sent them a letter telling them how much I could afford to pay and sent it by recorded delivery. Today I have recieved another letter which hasnt even acknowledged my letter saying that I have 72 hours to pay the full amount or their solicitors will commence attachment of earnings/wage arrestment proceedings and I will be liable for the court costs!

After initially feeling empowered im afraid they have me running scared again especially as they have typed in bold letters 'No further notices will be sent'.

I am a single woman on minimum wage, can they actually do this? Should I write back again stating how much I can affordagain? I dont want to phone them as they can be very intimidating and I did state on my letter that I wouldnt be communicating with them by phone. Please help, I only have 72 hours, or is this more scare tactics? Can they arrest my earnings??????