TRITON CREDIT SERVICES - Help Please

Mav75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TRITON CREDIT SERVICES LIMITED Registered No 03275895

1 PRINCES STREET LONDON EC2R 8PB

Type:Private Limited with share capital

Incorporation Date:08-11-1996

Last Accounts Filed up to:31-12-2008

Nature of business SIC:74990 - Non-trading

Recent Changes:

31/12/2008AA - Annual Accounts.

25/06/2009287 - Change in situation or address of Registered Office.

Lots of NatWest companies registered there too ...

Non-trading but not dormant

They don't have their own Consumer Credit licence but they are a limited company ...

Is this the same Triton Credit Services that are pestering us - I don't remember seeing a "limited" in the company name.

The Trading Name in the earlier post doesn't have "limited" in it either.

Sounds fishy

Edited by 2Grumpy

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has had a few guests looking at it this morning ...

If that's other victims of Triton / RBoS / NatWest, why not register and get some help

If you are Triton / RBoS / NatWest then ....

I have letters from :-

Triton Credit Services

PO Box 183

telford

TF2 2BU

at the end of the letter it states - triton credit services is a trading name of the royal bank of scotland plc. the royal bank of scotland plc registered in scotland No 90312. Reg office : 36 Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

i had tried a few mths back to phone natwest from the Nos that were used in 2007 and 2008 and i questioned who it was when they answered and they said triton. when i asked the girl (no lady trust me- with that attitude!) she said they were triton and i said but i phoned natwest and she said yes we are natwest!! confusing!!

Im sorting them out at this moment so will let you know how i get on with it all. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I just recognised Triton from initial page and spun through to here.

As purple butterfly noted they are a trading style of Royal Bank Scotland.

So Triton is Natwest or any RBS company just as Mercers are Barclays. they are not registered with the Credit Services Association. Barclays at least had the decency to opt for Associate membership.

This means that they are attempting to misrepresent your communications and place pressue on you that could be construed as harassment and unwarranted.

You should immediately write to Triton and Natwest demanding the usual in the means of a Subject Access Request " any and all communications with any internal or external organisation.

They have sought to present themselves as a debt collector which goes against their FSA responsibilities to Treat you as a customer fairly.

COMPLAIN AND KEEP COMPLAINING THEN GO TO OMBUDSMAN.

It won't make it go away but it will produce leverage and go for the usual credit agreement stuff as well.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - not been on for a while as I had internet problems.......

Well, I received the CCA from Natwest so guess I have to go on to the next steps of Income and Expenditure? Is there any templates for this as if I do one myself I am bound to miss something!

I have made 2 token payments of £50 which they took although the agents were not impressed that I wouldnt pay more! They kept asking me if i'm seeking advice from anyone and who it was and when I wouldnt discuss I was told i'm not being co-operative!!

I received another letter from them today that says Notice of Legal Proceedings When I last spoke to them they once again said the account was being referred to legal department which i have asked them to continue to do so (to be honest I am getting fed up with them threatening it!) I asked them if the 'solicitors - Green and Co' that they keep referring to are a part of RBS - she initially didnt answer and put me on hold for ages before confirming this was the case but she clearly didnt want to tell me!

Anyway - i'm not really sure what to do next. Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks

Hello - not been on for a while as I had internet problems.......

Well, I received the CCA from Natwest so guess I have to go on to the next steps of Income and Expenditure? Is there any templates for this as if I do one myself I am bound to miss something!

I have made 2 token payments of £50 which they took although the agents were not impressed that I wouldnt pay more! They kept asking me if i'm seeking advice from anyone and who it was and when I wouldnt discuss I was told i'm not being co-operative!!

I received another letter from them today that says Notice of Legal Proceedings When I last spoke to them they once again said the account was being referred to legal department which i have asked them to continue to do so (to be honest I am getting fed up with them threatening it!) I asked them if the 'solicitors - Green and Co' that they keep referring to are a part of RBS - she initially didnt answer and put me on hold for ages before confirming this was the case but she clearly didnt want to tell me!

Anyway - i'm not really sure what to do next. Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks

Hi Flutterby,

Does your cca have all the prescribed terms.

I can't see from your posts whether its for a credit card or bank account. It may be an idea to start your own thread as it may get lost in this one and will be easier to follow. I suggest you scan and post your cca, removing all your personal details, so that it can be checked over.:)

Dear All,

I am soooo pleased I found this forum. I have been contacted by Triton in respect of a NatWest joint overdraft with my wife (we are now seperated). I spoke with some woman this morning who was very rude, trying to get £200 per month off of me and not interested in anything I had to say. She even mentaioned putting a charge on my property!

I have sent the CCA letter by recorded delivery although the only address I have is a PO Box in Telford; I suspect I will get the same issues others seem to have had i.e. Triton claiming never to have received the letter.

What has annoyed me more than anything though is that back in January when I met with my relationship manager (that's a joke) at NatWest I requested that all interest and account charges be stopped whilst I try and sort the problem out. They did nothing and this has added nearly another £1000 to the debt. Can I legall get this repaid?

Thanks for all the great posts here. I will post all my replies and experiences on this issue as they occur!

Dear All,

I am soooo pleased I found this forum. I have been contacted by Triton in respect of a NatWest joint overdraft with my wife (we are now seperated). I spoke with some woman this morning who was very rude, trying to get £200 per month off of me and not interested in anything I had to say. She even mentaioned putting a charge on my property!

I have sent the CCA letter by recorded delivery although the only address I have is a PO Box in Telford; I suspect I will get the same issues others seem to have had i.e. Triton claiming never to have received the letter.

What has annoyed me more than anything though is that back in January when I met with my relationship manager (that's a joke) at NatWest I requested that all interest and account charges be stopped whilst I try and sort the problem out. They did nothing and this has added nearly another £1000 to the debt. Can I legall get this repaid?

Thanks for all the great posts here. I will post all my replies and experiences on this issue as they occur!

Hi Pappyenza & welcome,

Firstly I suggest you start a new thread - it will be easier to follow your own.

I'm sorry to say but bank accounts/overdrafts are not covered by the CCA. I unfortunately had the same problem with Natwest/Triton, they are an awful bunch.

What I would recommend you do is send a Subject Access Request to show all the unlawful charges they have applied to your account, and then you can start the process of reclaiming.

Also do not talk to them on the phone, send letter to them stating you will only correspond in writing (do do this as they claim alsort on the phone and if you aren't recording you've go nothing to throw back at them, I've learnt this lesson the hard way).

Good luck:-)

hi all i sent a cca to triton on the 3rd of july and i have just recieved a reply today 22nd july this is what it said

dear miss **********

we write with reference to the above outstanding debt and acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 3rd of july 2009

in view of the nature of your request we have passed your letter to the royal bank of scotland plc, who will contact you in due course

yours sincerley

for triton credit services

so what happens now if anyone could let me know just as i thought things couldnt get any worse my dog died last week

many thanks

spurs71

hi all i sent a cca to triton on the 3rd of july and i have just recieved a reply today 22nd july this is what it said

dear miss **********

we write with reference to the above outstanding debt and acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 3rd of july 2009

in view of the nature of your request we have passed your letter to the royal bank of scotland plc, who will contact you in due course

yours sincerley

for triton credit services

so what happens now if anyone could let me know just as i thought things couldnt get any worse my dog died last week

many thanks

spurs71

hi and sorry to hear your having such a bad time of it right now.

All this means, as Triton and rbs are the same company, is they've passed your request onto the data protection department who should answer you soon.

They have 12+2 days to answer your request and then you are legally entitled to withhold payment until you get a response. Please be aware that they will add defaults to your credit file and write and phone while this process is continuing though.

You do at some point have to sit down and ask what end result is important to you. While it may be possible to go to court and get a credit card agreement classed as unenforceable it is certainly an easier life if you go to the cccs or the cab and set up a payment plan with all your creditors. Would say reading your post an easier life would be preferable to you right now.

The 2 options are linked below - choose wisely

CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/129-data-protection-act-non-compliance-template-letters-

hello everybody :)

i'd like to start by saying thankyou to all here that try to help. i first found this site about a month ago when i was reciving telephone calls from a company calling themselfs triton.

i came out of work injured a couple of months back and got intouch with all my creditors and explained that i would have to considerably lower my payments for the time being. all the others were fine with this provided i sent an income expenditure letter. i did this and all were happy except triton!

i have never recived any written corrispondance from this triton firm, i have only recived telphone calls and was told that i should use all the contact details and ac number that i used when dealing with unidebt, whom had delt with the case for years.

after reading through some (all) of the other posts i then sent a cca request with a cover letter explaining my circumstance hadn't changed since my last offer but that i would increase it by a very small amount to show willing. also i included a letter stating that i would no longer take calls and that all corispondance should be in writting. this was on the 22nd of june and i decided to sit back and wait.

within the last week i have recived two letters, one is a copy of the credit agreement ( with a covering letter stating that under section 77 they are not obligated to provide a copy bearing my signature ), the other is from a solicitor stating that all corispondance should be through them and that unless i settle or agree satisfactory proposals by august 3rd court costs and legal fees will be sought in addition.

the two amounts stated in the letters are different. in the cca i owe £3,033.32 on a bank ac but in the solicitors letter there is also a £1,292.52 credit card debt.

i can not afford to increase any payments and have continued to make those. does anybody know what there next move will invole ( i.e balifs or an attachment to my house ect..) or equally what my next move should be?

sorry for being long winded but any advise would be greatly appreciated.

lee

hi lcj1506

For the best response you are really best to get your own thread started on this one.

Sounds like you had a bank account and credit card with rbs?

Would guess that they have sent you a copy credit card agreement for the credit card and nothing for the bank account.

If this is a bank account and you didn't already ask you should ask for copy statement for the past 6 years to see if there is any charges that can be claimed back.

The credit card can be more complex as they may have a valid agreement. Have you had any default notice for either of these accounts?

Please don't be pressured into paying more than you can afford. You should have an income and expenditure sheet and this should show your disposable income. Divide this in proportion between your debts. The cccs is excellent if you need help doing this.

Even if they do not accept the amount this shows is available to them the worst they can do is take you to court at which point you will find lots of help on this forum and even if they win the court will more than likely set your offer as the payment amount.

Bailiffs and the like only come after the court process and usually only if you don't pay the amount the court directs so try not to worry too much.

I'm planning to tell Triton not to process my personal data - I will see how I get on & what response I get!

I already knew that Triton did not have a separate data controller from RBoS/NatWest so I wasn't surprised to hear that Triton have handed the account back to NatWest!

I won't be taking that as a sufficient response though, because I just phoned Triton who told me that NatWest are looking after this now, so I am obviously still in their files (how else would they know?) and they just processed my data.

thankyou to the free mice :)

i wouldn know how to start my own thread, to be honest it took me ages to get that last post up.

yeah it was a bank ac loan and a credit card i had with rbs pre dating there merger with natwest, a long time ago i know but my life crashed in 02 and i been tryin to get ahead ever since so i could pay everybody off.

is it worth me asking triton for all the details they hold for me now that solicitors are involed or not?

cheers lee

Hi ljc1506

It would be worth starting your own thread - go back to th elist of threads. At the top is a new thread button. You can post all of your details and give a thread title

If you haven't made any payments since 2002 then this would be staute barred - no payment to be made

but start the thread - just to make sure

grumpy

Hi to all,

I've been away for over a month and I see a lot of activity in this (Triton) forum! Well, I sent a formal complaint to them, listing about a dozen things they've done or said in their letters that could be considered harassment (e.g. sending letters too frequently, threatening actions that do not apply, or would only apply after a court order AND if I failed to keep up with court repayments – whereas my repayments are monthly and regular for the last two years -, giving a premium number to call them, encouraging to pay the full balance with credit!, etc. etc.)

They did not reply to my letter; instead it went back to NatWest – i.e. the office next-door ;) – who said that they are forwarding my letters to yet another agency AIC! Anyone dealing with them? (I’ll check the forums later).

So my accounts (loan and overdraft) are passed around like hot-potatoes. AIC wrote to me a very nice letter, followed by a nasty one a week later! I did not have time to reply to either; as I said above, I was away for a month. In any case, I had already sent before I left an update repayment offer to all my creditors including Triton/NatWest based on my latest circumstances, but a second recent letter from NatWest says that they have also just forwarded this to AIC. My guess (judging from the dates on the letters by NatWest) is that AIC had not yet received my new offers when they wrote their letters. Just to be safe, however, I will write a reply now.

Meanwhile, NatWest was the only creditor that did not agree to freeze interest on my overdraft account, only the loan; this makes them the only creditor (out of 10!) that keep charging me interest for over two years of repayments. In fact, this made my debt continue to grow with them. I don’t know what the situation with overdraft interest is; however, this is unfair to the other creditors, as each time I do a revaluation of my situation and offer updated repayments, NatWest keeps getting a bigger share of the money (as I use the standard pro-rata calculation recommended by CCCS, NationalDebtLine, etc.), yet the other creditors, which have been decent, end up getting less and less repayments with each revaluation! I find this unfair, so I am wondering if I can claim all the interest back – maybe I will start another thread for this topic. Good news though is that AIC claims that they’ve stopped all interest in their first (nice) letter but not in the second one that talks about legal action and all that jazz.

Best regards to all.

Edited by di.harry

have had dealings with triton paid for awhile stopped paying couldnt afford to bullied it to high payment aggrement so they then sold on to other companies ive had enough just missed paying july payment had big money problems this month so wrote to all my creditors ive dropped their monthly payments big time told them ill start paying september and wrote to them to stop phone harrasing me put up with this crap for to long ill pay as little aspossible life is to short .time to start enjoying what money i earn and start sticking up for my rights,it took some realizing i dont owe theses leeches nothing

(moved my 2nd post below to the correct forum http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/214234-re-dublin-gal-triton.html

- don't know how to delete this).

...and to continue from above, if you feel that they keep writing to you and calling you, without giving you time to respond write something to them as shown below. This would also apply in the case where they send you a letter saying "you have 10 days to reply" and then send you a further letter within 7 days, before waiting for your reply!!!! Do not accept this type of pressure.

Contacting debtors frequently is an unfair practice according to the OFT Debt Collection Guidance section which states: “Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.”

Edited by di.harry

hi i recieved my credit agreement this morning here is the letter i recieved with it

7th august 2009

dear miss ********

account ***************

thank you for your letter dated 3july 2009 which was received into this office on 17 july 2009

your written request for information made under s78(1) of the consumer credit act must be accompanied by payment of a fee of £1, which we have received and has been applied to your account accordingly. we are obliged to provide you with a 'true' copy of the credit agreement and a statement of financial information relating to the account , namely, the state of the account, amount currently due, with amounts and due dates of future payments that still require to be made. in terms of CCA copy document regulations the 'true' copy requirement can be satisfied by providing a copy agreement at the date the card agreement was made and providing that plus a copy of the current terms of the card agrrement

i have enclosed the s78(1) information

with regards to your request for a statement of account i have enclosed the most recent available statement for the account above should you require duplicate statements of your account prior to this date , please contact me accordingly and i will advise you of the cost for these.

our records show that there is still a balance outstanding on the above account. as you are aware, your account is currently being managed by triton credit services. therefore, you should contact them directly to obtain details of your required repayments to settle your account. they can be contacted on 0207 680 9302.

i can confirm that your account has not been sold.

i trust this clarifies matters for you. should you have any further queries, please contact me on 01702 370573

ps i have checked through the documents they have sent me today and i havent signed the credit agreement can you offer any more advice on what will happen next please

many thanks

spurs71

ive just double checked the agreement and ive come across this

this is a credit agreement by the consumer credit act 1974. sign it only if you want to legally bound by its terms. to be bound by this agreement you must place a tick in the box . the tick confirms that you have signed the agreement ( where the signature of customer is )and there is a tick in the box if they had sent the credit agreement i would of signed it not put ticks in a box what should i do