Yet another tale of Woe Re Welcome Finance

BrokenBiscuits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a quick look but can't find the statute barred letter, can I be a pain and ask where I find it, pretty please.

Click Library at the top of the page

Debt Collection section

look down the list for "Letter to be sent when debt is Statute Barred" ;-)

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

might be an idea to look at the new CONC rules the FCA have put out too on SB debts

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Phone call today from a cheeky upstart saying he was from "The Lowell Group".

Are they part of the other mob?

Despite him telling me in a very rude manner that they have written to me.

Had nothing the Lowel Group,

only the ones last week from Redhill.

"The Lowell Group"

Based in Leeds, well known debt collection agency who will also use the names Red Debt, Hampton Legal and others. Worth ignoring just as much as any other DCA :-)

Don't discuss anything with them on the phone, don't even confirm your name or whatever else they ask. They tend to give up phoning after a couple of months. Yes, they can be a pain for phoning several times a day, often silent calls.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Yes, I've heard of them but are they related to the Compello lot who have been harrassing me?

Not part of the same company, Lowell's parent company is in Luxembourg. Then again, if you consider inbreeding...

This cheeky b*****r who rung me said, "We will continue to call you" I just said "knock yourself out".

There have been many suggestions about how to entertain yourself when taking calls from Lowell and such - whatever they say answer back with something obscure like "I quite fancy sprouts for dinner" or "my poor cat is scared of mice y'know" - amazing how quickly they hang up :-)

Well why would they be ringing me I wonder. I don't have any other defaults. This car loan is the only thing I've ever had.

Debt Collection is like musical chairs, accounts get passed from one company to another. If one company has not had any luck in getting you to cough up then they pass it to another, and another...

If it is the same thing and Lowell have it now then you can expect rude phone calls in Scottish from Mackensie Hall and demands from Scotcall, who have a lot of invisible doorstep callers, at least I've never seen one despite the number of times they've said someone will be calling...

From there it could go to any of their pals in the same game. You could have gone down the route of checking if they had any right to be contacting you at all, to sending them letters to stop phoning you, to informing them the debt is statute barred - only for them then to simply pass it to the next barrel of monkeys to play with.

compy are MKDP or MKRR in sheeps clothing

which is who i'd expect to own an old welcome debt.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Muck Hall gibbons are based in Kilmarnock, you have something to look forward to there... :-) Shouldn't be long before they start to call.

• 4 months later...

Got in today and have received a letter from MKDP, this must be the 3rd/4th outfit who's had a go at this.

It starts by saying 'Despite previous communication from us...' that's just completely untrue, I've never heard from them.

I've heard from several of their other 'pen names' but never them.

apparently they have 'traced' me.

A bit of a waste of time, all their other outfits seem to know where I am, I've not gone anywhere for years.

The debt now appears to have gone up to nearly £8k!

I wonder how many letters I'll get from this lot before they pass me on, or are this lot the 'heavies'? :wink:

they all say 'previous communication from us.

its a way to make you ring them.

as they are lying and you want to vent.

DONT

and they are all the same

none are 'heavier' than any other. urban myth

dx

and they