style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi could someone help me please? I have just a a bailiff round to see me and as I was home with my 2 young babies I lied and said I wasn't me. Now he has taken the letter away with a false name on it and I don't have a payment plan. So I will need to have them back out to me, and he will know I've lied, and I don't know how much trouble that will land me in? Does anyone know what I can do? Feeling very Ill with the stress now.

Bailiffs also lie

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Before you go worrying about stuff, why did the bailiff call? What was the debt for?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's for council tax

Don't worry about the bailiff. You don't have to deal with them for council tax.

You need to sort out the council tax with the local council.

What position are you in to pay council tax directly to the council ? Are you receiving state benefits ? Are the council aware of this ? Any issues of vulnerability ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Your council is 100% wrong. You do NOT have to speak to the bailiffs at all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I called the council and they said that I have to deal with bristow and sutor now and that I have to have the bailiff round

Can you please answer the questions raised. Why are you not paying the council tax due ?

You don't have to pay the bailiffs or speak to them. But you can make affordable payments to the council directly using their online payment system.

You need to answer the questions asked

You do not have to deal with the bailiffs

You do not need to pay them

You do not need to let them in your house

Payments direct to council

No right of entry for bailiffs no locksmith no nothing

Are you in recipe of any benefits

Is anyone in your house hold vulnerable or ill

Is it this years bill

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

So you can be classed as vulnerable under national standards?

What does that mean?

If anyone in your household is classed as vulnerable

Bailiff action is not appropriate and it should be handed back to the council

The council need to be informed that your husband has been off sick

Any payments direct to council NOT the bailiffs

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I have just checked online and it looks like I can still pay my local council that way, but I don't know how much I owe as the bailiffs haven't given me a letter yet and the council won't tell me as they say it's in the hands of bristow and sutor. Should I just pay the council directly or should I let the bailiffs into my home and agree something with them? Any advice would be gratefully received

Pay the council directly and ignore the bailiffs. Never let the bailiffs into your home, as that will enable the bailiff to increase their fees and you will be in even more financial trouble.

You really need to sort this out with the council. You need a full review of your financial circumstances, so they can assess whether you are entitled to any council tax benefit. If you are, you may be able to get the benefit backdated and this would reduce the council tax liability.

I would suggest that you write to the council with full details of your circumtances and that you will try to pay the council tax online. Advise them that you will not deal with the bailffs as that would cause even more financial hardship and that you are already in a vulnerable position.

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing the Bailiff has not gained entry to your and/or seized any goods outside - most notably a car - then the mosy you can be charged is £42-50 no matter how many visists they make. As Bailiffs seem to live in the land of make believe do not be surprised if they claim to have made a levy on a vehicle that may be close by - whether it is yours or not - then they try to make you prove you don't own it.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't own a car, and I can prove that but my husband does. I have emailed the council to say that I will pay them weekly directly, and can they let me know how much I owe, as I'm still in the dark. I don't know if they will just refer me back to the bailiff though. I have said that my husband has been off work and that we are struggling financially and that I have 3 young children. It's really horrible sitting at home with the babies waiting for the knock on the door!

As far as I know we aren't based on what's husbands income was last year. I have been told we could send his sick notes off and to see if we are entitled to any housing benefit. The council are being very unhelpful though about sending the forms out

As far as I know we aren't based on what's husbands income was last year. I have been told we could send his sick notes off and to see if we are entitled to any housing benefit. The council are being very unhelpful though about sending the forms out

You are obviously struggling trying to deal with this, as well as cope with looking after 3 young children. You should have a look in your local directories and newspapers to see if there are any local debt/legal advice centres. In most part of the country, there are local advice centres and they have good links with people at the councils who can probably help resolve this all for you. If you don't look, you will never find out. Some councils will try to be unhelpful, particularly over the phone, because they are trying to avoid people claiming benefits, unless the really need to.

I will look into, the council have finally come back to me and said that as the debt is with the bailiffs I have to make the payments through them, as I need to pay all their fees etc which is really upsetting. The bailiff still hasn't been back to drop the paperwork off so I still don't know when that will be or what will happen when he does.