lowell/BW SD old Welcome 'debt' - need help to set aside ***Dismissed and Costs***

flower2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a Welcome Finance agreement on my car & like lots of other people have been fighting with the Lewis Group.

Today I received a letter from Irwin Mitchell Solicitors Recoveries, however on the back there is a standing order form made payable to Ascent Collections Ltd. Strange thing is Irwin Mitchells address is Manchester - Ascent Collections is Sheffield and the post mark is Sheffield.

Does anyone know anything about these companies or had any dealings with them.

Hi sillygirl

My partner and I have been getting text messages from these people I was a bit worried at first with it saying solicitors. Our home was repossessed in August so we owe these people £23.000 which has now become unsecured. We put a claim in to them for missold PPI which they made an offer of £3000. They then had the cheek to say they would pay £1000 towards the arrears and keep the £2000 and pay that towards the £23000 we owe. Needless to say it is now in the hands of the FSA.

• 1 month later...

No response from Lewis so sent SAR to Welcome, there is no reference to the Lewis Group or Irwin Mitchells and all letters i.e default notices etc are dated 22nd December 2010 when the SAR was sent back.

Please can anyone advise, I am not sure where to go from here.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, I did ignore all letters from irwin mitchells/ascent now I have recieved letters from Mackenzie Hall.

I wrote back to them after the 1st letter (now on 3rd from them) telling them account was in dispute & refusing doorstep visit, sent recorded & signed by them on the 8th June.

Now the attached letter, any advice please.

mhall.jpg

This account has been in dispute since May 2009

Edited by flower2

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone. Long time since I was last on here everything seem to be quite, until recently.

I took a loan out for a car back in 2006.

I was made redundant in 2007 & unable to pay.

to cut a long story short my solicitors requested the CCA in 2009 which was never received,

the account was put in dispute & nothing was heard from them until recently, when

I started to receive phone calls & letters from Lowell Portfolio, to which I ignored (maybe shouldn't have).

I am now receiving threats to issue a CCJ from BW Legal, not sure whether to respond or not. advice would be greatly received.

My credit record shows account closed (balance 0), default satisfied August 2012

I am now confused.

My credit record shows account closed (balance 0), default satisfied August 2012

This will likely be the date that it was sold/assigned to Lowells - BW Legal are their rotweillers.

When was the last payment made to the account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 5 months later...

Good Morning, I am in need if some urgent help. If I am going to set aside I only have until Friday to file at court.

This account has been in dispute since 2009.

I sent a SAR to Welcome Finance in November 2010 but even though I received a reply from them in December 2010 not everything was there,

I wrote back in January 2011 requesting the correspondence from compliance that they keep referring to in there notes, but never got a reply.

The account will not become statue barred for another year.

I have some questions if anyone can answer for me please:

1) Can a file be sold on if it is in dispute.

2) The account is in joint names so should be both have received a statutory demand.

3) I am pretty annoyed that the SD was put through the letter box in an unsealed envelope for anyone to

read. I was away at the time hence the delay.

4) Welcome Finance have never informed me the account has been sold.

5) The figures on statements, etc. are different to what is on the agreement a difference of 2500K with

interest that is a big chunk

6) Charges on the statements add up to nearly 2K

I am sure I am going to have more questions, but if anyone can help so far I will be very grateful.

Who as issued the SD flower ?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Should have known really.

Ok get this off today ASAP:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974

And here are the forms to set a side :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406102-LEGAL-Form-6.4-amp-6.5-Application-to-set-a-side-a-Statutory-Demand

There are plenty of if not 100,s of thread's on the same matter type Lowell / BW Legal into the search box above right and follow the advice.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Please can anyone tell me, do I have to submit my evidence with my witness statement or do I wait to be asked. , I am still working through all my paper work and seem to be running out of time.

Please can anyone tell me, do I have to submit my evidence with my witness statement or do I wait to be asked. , I am still working through all my paper work and seem to be running out of time.

It is just a witness statement confirming the reasons for the set aside that can be heard at any hearing. You have to really come up with valid reasons for the set aside, that a Judge looking at your statement can see that it would be worth listening to you at a hearing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread