Boiler broken new born baby

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i aint gonna, ive just had a almighty row with them on the phone always someone elses fault with this company, every little thing needs repairing now its gonna be emailed so have a paper trail

If I were to guess what the problem is. It could be that the heating system needs to be cleaned out and the boiler serviced. When I had my boiler replaced, it was amazing how dirty the water is, with little bit of debris, which can cause the problems you described in an earlier post.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If I were to guess what the problem is. It could be that the heating system needs to be cleaned out and the boiler serviced. When I had my boiler replaced, it was amazing how dirty the water is, with little bit of debris, which can cause the problems you described in an earlier post.

You are starting to sound like a British Gas engineer lol "hmm your system needs a power flush", thats £500.00 please . The problems of sludge/debris etc in the system really only affects the heat exchanger

People have a misconception about a boiler service, servicing normally only invovles things flue check, Co2 check and tightness test etc, visual checks etc, the fact a boiler is "serviced" doesnt really affect wheather it will break down

Worcester Bosches are good boilers. The one in the house I let out is several years older than your Greenstar (a 24cdi) and has broken down once due to a busted pressure valve despite being in an area with lots of lime-scale.

While I feel for you and understand that this event may have been preceded by others, I think that a one-day turn-out sounds quite efficient (assuming they get someone competent).

For the record, my understanding is that the law allows a "reasonable" time to fix a problem with the heating. That said, I do have a hidden stash of electric heaters in my house as an emergency measure.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/faqtenant.htm

"What duties does my landlord have in relation to gas safety?

Your landlord has duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 to arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe registered engineer external.gif for all pipe work, appliances and flues, which they own and have provided for your use.

Your landlord must also arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer. They must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in."

It is a criminal offense not to comply with the above regulations. The quote is from the Health and Safety Executive's website [from the above link].

The Gas Safe engineer has to leave a copy of the annual gas safety check with the tenant / occupier. His name and mobile shall be on it: make sure you can read it / double check it with engineer that you got it correct and ask if you can call him if there are any issues to get advice over the phone.

OP should ask in writing for a copy of the last annual gas safety check [to see when it was carried out] and request agent in writing to arrange a time and date to carry it out if it is due. Engineer will advise about anything that needs fixing / servicing on the certificate.

GSC is nothing to do with boiler servicing, it should check gas supply pressure, combustion gases for safe level and correct location of external vents.

If T calls the GSC engineer for a later fault, without express permission of LL, it will be at personal cost for callout.

Ray's advice for OP to personally buy even a single 2kW fan heater is good advice. C/Htg always seems to fail at a w/e, usually mid-winter.

General rule is T cannot expect LL to repair any quicker than they could arrange if owner-occupier.

Often LL can arrange more quickly as they often have list of qualified plumbers, in addition to yellow pages. Regularly used tradesmen often give better service, but mine will not give Ts their contact number as T's expect LL to pay for any call-out.