Personal Trainer - Fitness First ignored complaint sent me to debt agency

dankat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a self employed Personal Trainer.

Last year I signed with Fitness First to work as a self emplyed trainer there, however I was not given what was promised in the contract and resigned.

I paid them 300£ in order to receive: business cards, uniforms, advertising materials, be in their system etc - after 2-3 weeks I still did not receive them and after repeteadly reminding them I wrote the gym manager I would like to quit my contract and that I am unstaisfied. He never got back to me and I assumed it was handeld as I only worked there for 2 weeks, which were suppose to be rent free.

However, they continued and try to take money of my account, but never mananged to. I called the headoffice and explained the situation, at first they did not even want to cancel my contract. However, after 30min on the phone they did but told me 1 would have to pay for the previous weeks and for the next month. Now they want over 600£ from me!!! I was shocked and wrote them a formal complaint, signed letter, explaining the situation that I have never received what was promised to me and I will not pay 600£ as the manager should have cancelled my contract or he should have told me I will need to do it another way than I did.

Yesterday I received a letter from CARS -1st time - telling me they have contacted me several times regarding the debt and now they want to me pay in full or they will take it to court or even worse bailiffs!!!

I have never received any letters from them before! And FF never replied to my complain where I asked for a fair solution and where I explained I did not receive what I have paid for.

What shall I do now?

I want to write an email to FF and ask them what this is all about.

But I also want to secure myself and complain somewhere else. Is there an organistation that can handle this complain?

Please help me...I just managed to set up my life again and now I have again problems with debts that I dont even believer are my fault.

I would agree to pay them a max of 150£ just so they leave me alon but not more as they absolutely did not keep their promise and now ignore me!

Thanks for the help :)

This is a business dispute between you and FF. I would not think that this would be something that would appear on a personal credit record.

Recommend that you send copies of any dispute letters previously sent to FF to CARS, with a covering letter that you still totally dispute the matter they raise. Advise them that you would welcome FF to take this to court, where you would fully defend, as FF were the first to break the contract terms agreed.

This thread would be better in the CAG legal folder. You are really seeking legal advice here, rather than how to deal with CARS. If you want it moved, click on the triangle and ask for the site team to move the thread for you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yesterday I received a letter from CARS -1st time - telling me they have contacted me several times regarding the debt and now they want to me pay in full or they will take it to court or even worse bailiffs!!!

Sounds a long way off for bailiffs they would have to do court first and win

If it got as far as bailiffs they will be acting with little powers to a residential address

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

FAO CARS

Ref: use theire

Sir/ Madam ,

I refer to your letter dated xx.xx.xx the contents of which have been noted.

I do not acknowledge any debt to CARS or its client.

Pease be aware this matter is the subject of a major dispute and any court action will be rigorously defended.

For clarification and the avoidance of misunderstanding please take not of the following points.,

1. I have never been contacted by CARS before I received the letter referenced above.

2. I have paid Fitness First the sum of £300.00 for business materials to be used within their system, these have never been provided.

3. This payment has never been refunded.

4. I consider that Fitness First has failed to keep its part of the agreement and it is therefore null and void.

5. I do not therefore owe any debt to Fitness First.

6. I suggest CARS returns the file on this matter to its client forthwith as I will not make any payment.

Get that of to them recorded signed for post check receipt.

Then a Formal Complaint to FF head office demanding your back immediately.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Does anybody know if there is some chance of complaining to some organisation about Fitness First if they do not communicate or come to a fair solution?

Somebody overlooking matter like this?

Something like an ombudsman?

Thanks

Hi dankar,

Please give them time to reply 5 days is insufficient, the reply will decide the next course of action.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I did wonder if this was another thread opened about the same issue, best to stick to the same thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?417336-FitnessFirst-PT-insitution-where-I-could-complaint-to

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!