Strange Letter From Barclaycard

worried sick18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I just need some advice on my Barclay card after having nearly five years of no contact with themBack in 2009 I had a dispute with them after I made an s78 request for a true copy of my original agreement

.They failed to supply a proper one and only sent me reconstructed unsigned T's and cs .I exchanged several letters with them though out 2009 pointing out they had not produced proper copy which would be enforceable in court.

During this time I got passed on to a few DCAS's including their in house one Mercers and then two outside ones i.e. Scot call and then Moocroft.These DCA's gave up after I pointed out the fact that I had not received a proper agreement from Barclay card and was left alone since 2009 until yesterday.......

...... when I received out of the blue a letter from Barclay card apologizing to me! Saying that incorrect information was on my credit ref files and they were going to correct it.They went on to say that they had forgotten to enter my default onto my credit file and were going to rectify it by entering a default dated from 2009 on to it and told me they were under an obligation to correct it.How kind of them! Very strange!

They also enclosed a demand for the full sum of money they claimed and if I failed to correct it within a month they would default me and then would have rights to enforce legal action etcVery strange !

My thoughts on this are they realize this account would be statue barred after a another year I believe and trying their luck with this. But I urgently need some advice how to deal with this ? Should I ignore it and see what they do next or should I write to them reminding them they not supplied a new agreement? Or should I send another s78 requrest and see what they send this time?,I really would appreciate some input on this folks!

Thank you

Edited by slick132
spaced out a bit more - easier to read

Moving to the BC forum and will come back with a link to a similar thread.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Worried,

I think BC must be having an early Spring Clean with certain accounts. They appear to be sending this letter out on a bulk basis.

See here for another similar case that came to light yesterday - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?416577-Can-Barclaycard-actually-do-this&p=4459514&viewfull=1#post4459514

Do you know on what date you last sent a CCA request. If so, just tell BC they failed to supply a credit agreement on that occasion and ask if they have found the proper document which they can forward to you.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi I just need some advice on my Barclay card after having nearly five years of no contact with themBack in 2009 I had a dispute with them after I made an s78 request for a true copy of my original agreement

.They failed to supply a proper one and only sent me reconstructed unsigned T's and cs .I exchanged several letters with them though out 2009 pointing out they had not produced proper copy which would be enforceable in court.

During this time I got passed on to a few DCAS's including their in house one Mercers and then two outside ones i.e. Scot call and then Moocroft.These DCA's gave up after I pointed out the fact that I had not received a proper agreement from Barclay card and was left alone since 2009 until yesterday.......

...... when I received out of the blue a letter from Barclay card apologizing to me! Saying that incorrect information was on my credit ref files and they were going to correct it.They went on to say that they had forgotten to enter my default onto my credit file and were going to rectify it by entering a default dated from 2009 on to it and told me they were under an obligation to correct it.How kind of them! Very strange!

They also enclosed a demand for the full sum of money they claimed and if I failed to correct it within a month they would default me and then would have rights to enforce legal action etcVery strange !

My thoughts on this are they realize this account would be statue barred after a another year I believe and trying their luck with this. But I urgently need some advice how to deal with this ? Should I ignore it and see what they do next or should I write to them reminding them they not supplied a new agreement? Or should I send another s78 requrest and see what they send this time?,I really would appreciate some input on this folks!

Thank you

I had exactly the same letter yesterday and had also requested a copy of my true signed agreement with Barclaycard way back in 2008 which I never received, this is the first correspondence I've had from BC since their non-compliance. I could tell it was a pretty standard type of letter probably sent out in bulk. At the time I requested my signed agreement my debt was also in the hands of a debt collection agency who didn't bother me again after I informed them the debt was unenforceable.

I too am unsure about what to do next but I'm very wary about re-opening up any line of communication with BC after all this time until I have further advice

Hi Worried,

I think BC must be having an early Spring Clean with certain accounts. They appear to be sending this letter out on a bulk basis.

See here for another similar case that came to light yesterday - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?416577-Can-Barclaycard-actually-do-this&p=4459514&viewfull=1#post4459514

Do you know on what date you last sent a CCA request. If so, just tell BC they failed to supply a credit agreement on that occasion and ask if they have found the proper document which they can forward to you.

Thanks for input Slick Much appreciated.

Only thing is i did not do an SAR with Barclaycard just the s78 request

.As Barclaycard did not keep in touch and seemed to back of when the last extermal DCA was persuaded to drop the case when i pointed out that Barclaycard had not complied properly with s78 request.I did not need to do a SAR request and thought it best to let sleeping dogs lie!

Edited by worried sick18

I had exactly the same letter yesterday and had also requested a copy of my true signed agreement with Barclaycard way back in 2008 which I never received, this is the first correspondence I've had from BC since their non-compliance. I could tell it was a pretty standard type of letter probably sent out in bulk. At the time I requested my signed agreement my debt was also in the hands of a debt collection agency who didn't bother me again after I informed them the debt was unenforceable.

I too am unsure about what to do next but I'm very wary about re-opening up any line of communication with BC after all this time until I have further advice

My thoughts as well Mysomtom as I am wondering too if they trying their luck to see if they can stop the stature bar clock (as you must be very near to gettings yours staue barred)!to seei if they can get some payment.

As you say difficult to know what to do.I was tempted to not do anything and see what their next move will be but still undecided as Slick seems to think it a good idea to to contact them about whether they can comply better with a proper enforceable agreement.

Edited by worried sick18

There seems to have been loads of instances of people receiving this letter at the weekend. I'd be inclined to wait for their next corresspondance, I'm sure you will all hear at the same time what their next plan of action is- or hopefully they will not follow it up. Just sort out your default notice that Mercers sent - they were all non compliant giving 12days or less to remedy.

There seems to have been loads of instances of people receiving this letter at the weekend. I'd be inclined to wait for their next corresspondance, I'm sure you will all hear at the same time what their next plan of action is- or hopefully they will not follow it up. Just sort out your default notice that Mercers sent - they were all non compliant giving 12days or less to remedy.

Yes I am inclined to do that as well!If they start to send more letters and start to harass me I can then take Slicks advice writing to them and pointing out they not sent me a proper agreement and ask them again about that as I believe if you chasing up an account in dispute query/S78 or SAR request you not admitting or acknowledging a debt a debt and should not be setting the statue bar clock back though other Caggers please correct me if i am wrong

Hi Mysom,

If you want to discuss your own case or get any advice about it, feel free to start a new thread or use your old one - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?169224-Banks-turning-nasty-advice-needed-about-CCA

I've replied to another thread on this same topic (Please see link a few posts above) I'm in a slightly different situation to all other posters and would ask you to read the info and offer advice. I've posted as I have a current repayment agreement, albeit only a token one, which seems to be being ignored.

I look forward to your opinions and advice.

Thanks for reading.

Snap.

My last communication with them was in 2009 and then I took them to FOS and won a payout in early 2010 in full and final which it seems they have omitted to credit to the account if their figures are correct.

It does seem like a broad brush effort to see if they can scare anyone to pay them anything.

Thanks for all your input folks! At least i know now i am not alone and it seems Barclaycard doing a big fishing epedition to see if they can frighten a few people into paying up for old accounts which are probably unenforceable and nearly staure barred or stature barred

.I wonder if they will be soon selling many of these accounts onto other DCAS lower down food chain soon so they can get a few pennies back on their problem accounts! So us lcaggers who received these lettters may need to get ready for another round of pass the parcel and the ringing of the telephone!