Beat the CEL at Co-op Whitby's "Ten Minute Rule"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CEL rode into Whitby Town in midsummer 2012 and caused uproar with Co-op customers and visitors, especially since Spring 2013 with their "Ten Minute Rule".

I've been waging war on them since, and started a Facebook protest page.

October 2013 they were sacked!

Rumour has it they've lost dozens of other Co-op sites too!!

Having had both of my PCNs cancelled I left the Protest Page running, even though a second one started.

Where we are now up to is fighting their "ten minute rule" -

a moneymaker if ever I saw one, and we now have a set of images and an independent witness letter from myself initially

- but we will soon have several.

I'd like to hear from anyone either still being chased for payment under this rule, or else who has paid it under pressure.

Even if you've lost an appeal to POPLA,

all is not lost - their evidence seems to trump yours ..... so far.

but I'm confident that is about to change.

At present we have a chance with the small numbers we have recruited.

They reputedly check these forums so I don't want to put more details here,

but if you care to PM me I'll let you know how to take it forward.

Remember, no addresses, vehicle or PCN numbers, NOTHING WHICH ENABLES YOU TO BE POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED!

I'll post any progress here.

Edited by Border Riever

CAG doesnt advise contacting people by PM. Especially by new posters. Everything is to be done in the open forum.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

CAG doesnt advise contacting people by PM. Especially by new posters. Everything is to be done in the open forum.

Then you need to delete the post, I'm done wasting time here. Have one last read of it and if you can think of a way to help, please let me know. Failing that, cancel my account. Oh, I will re-register if/when we win!

Having read ericsbrothers recent thread on CEL and the state of their finances . CEL may not be around for long,so if your thread is suggesting "victims" might get a refund, then I can't see that happening..... Can you?????

Having read ericsbrothers recent thread on CEL and the state of their finances . CEL may not be around for long,so if your thread is suggesting "victims" might get a refund, then I can't see that happening..... Can you?????

Main interest is clearing their victims from further hassle if, as threatened, CEL sell or have sold their "debts" to DCAs, one of them might be a new subsidiary.

Hi Border Riever

The advice given to you by renegadeimp is correct as CAG does not recommend communicating by PM and prefers all advice to be on the main forum as that advice may be useful to so many others.

I would also recommend that you read our Forum Rules - (See Below for link to Forum Rules)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-Forum-rules.-Please-read-these-before-posting

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

the idea of CAG is to help people...

by threads and the posts within them that detail the route others took to resolve an issue...

it is not here to provide or be used as a simply soapbox to divert people elsewhere

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is an accounting trick, a bit like accounting for "goodwill" in your assets. makes it look as theough the company is actually worth something and by selling the debt the company's creditors are holding completely worthless debt (like it was worth the same as something tangible) and any sod that does pay up puts money into the pocket of someone completely different and may still be chased for the debt by the administrators of the original company if it is would up. All very iffy and another reason for never paying them.

If you checked this out, does this apply to the group of companies they are part of?

If you checked this out, does this apply to the group of companies they are part of?
I was actually lookin for help not more work.

I can't find Sidewinders post, by the way.

I'm not going to respond to any more posts ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

short memory!

• 3 weeks later...
I was actually lookin for help not more work.

I can't find Sidewinders post, by the way.

I'm not going to respond to any more posts ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

short memory!

Yes, actually, I felt I had somethig to contribute - if only to allow the Luddite smarty-pants to express themselves.

I have already achieved much but will only publish it here when job's done.

By the way, what is your achievement here?

Why the rudeness and arrogance?

It is totally uncalled for, this is a site where people try to help each other by sharing experiences not sending info via PM.

I have no idea who you are, what you are on about but that doesn't matter. If you are fighting a batle then here is an invaluable resource

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Yes, actually, I felt I had somethig to contribute - if only to allow the Luddite smarty-pants to express themselves.

I have already achieved much but will only publish it here when job's done.

By the way, what is your achievement here?

just looked through your threads ,started & posted. a very impressive list of achievements "quote " I have already achieved much" what and where???

by the way I like the time lapsed reply,have a nice day.

Three posts unapproved. Keep it civil please guys. On BOTH sides...

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

just looked through your threads ,started & posted. a very impressive list of achievements "quote " I have already achieved much" what and where???

by the way I like the time lapsed reply,have a nice day.

Well, it seems my last post was deleted, and two replies. I'll apologise for my sarcasm, but can't apologise for being a bit annoyed with people who just want to snipe, ridicule and make wisecracks.

OK, to answer the question, what have I achieved? For a start, we have managed to get the xxxx sacked from the site. As for further progress I can't put that on yet because we don't have a conclusion on "Appealing the Appeal", but we do have some progress in at least getting BPA to consider it. POPLA next!

So in the meantime, if anyone has had an appeal refused based upon POPLA taking the word of the Operator against theirs - and we ought not to be surprised if they do - there has to be an answer, and I believe we found it.

People posted on the Protest Page, we contacted them back with advice we did not poach from here, and eventually we were left with a group of people whose only "sin" was to wait patiently in a queue to pay for their parking, but were delayed by the insufficient number of hard-to-see (and complicated & temperamental) ticket machines but did not stay for longer than they paid for. Nevertheless, they broke a rule, so were told to pay. CEL confirmed that the signs told of the ten minute rule, there were plenty of signs,hence the result!

However, in at least one case it has been established that CEL wrongly claimed there was no reason to have not complied with the ten minute rule, but by collaborating, six have now got independent evidence, backed up by images, that there was very good reason to believe the appellants' version.

There are obvious implications of xxxx, which may or may not be brought to consideration based upon whether inaccurate evidence/information was used to support a claim at POPLA, so we are entering very interesting territory here.

This is as much as I can say so far. Even the biggest cynic will understand why I sought to direct people to my protest Page - -more people in the group the better.

For any others involved in this or similar situation the answer is - get independent evidence letters to right the wrong, and if anyone has in-depth knowledge of how the Theft Act & Fraud Act might play a part here - please post it here.

Edited by ploddertom
Removed 2 words that may have been libellious