Right of Way and insurers

l1awrie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had great help when last visited the forum, about harassment notice my complaint now with the police, hope I can get help with my on going problem with parking on the right of way.

There are three houses, 1, 3 and 5.

3 and 5 have a right of way over my drive, I, no.1 have a right of way over no. 3s drive.

No. 3 let's no. 5 park on his property, my right of way.

I have written to both 3 and 5 pointing out the covenants regarding the right of way and received no response.

Two weeks ago I asked the police to visit no. 3 regarding the parking, to my surprise they agreed to speak to him.

No. 3s response to the police was, despite the covenants, it was not his responsibility to stop people parking on his land and interfering with my right of way.

As I have legal cover with my insurers I put the matter into their hands.

Insurer informed me that my legal cover is for trespass and nuisance, that as I am not driving at the moment, I am waiting for knee replacement surgery, the courts would not uphold a claim for either nuisance or trespass.

Would appreciate any input regarding this

Perhaps you may not be driving, but you need others to have unfettered access to your driveway, so you can be picked up to attend appointments and in the event of an emergency.

Did the Insurers consider this ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread