Buying used car

Fergal69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Paid £500 deposit on a used car from a forecourt trader. Road tested & inspected car pointing out a dent on it and it was due an intrim service. Agreed to sort dent and do the service as part of the deal (we paid the screen price). However, the garage haven't repaired the dent to a reasonable standard i.e it's still there. I have nothing in writing just the receipt for £500 deposit. Can I ask for my deposit back on the grounds the work hasn't been done satisfactorily?

Any advice on my rights would be welcomed.

Sorry, the price agreed was what it was up for sale for £5000 and I paid the £500 deposit last Friday and was told the car would be ready for pick up today. On going to collect the vehicle earlier the dent was still apparent. I asked them to sort it to a better standard and they said no, I said in that case I'm not prepared to buy it & asked for my deposit back. He said he couldn't but he'd get the boss to call me back so far he hasn't.... I just wanted to know if I was within my rights to ask for my deposit back?

Many thanks.