Lowell /BW Court Claim old vanqius card debt Help Please

Blondmusic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am dealing with this on behalf of my boyfriend. I think this is for an old Vanquis credit card which Lowells have never provided a legible agreement for

Yesterday he received a County Court Claim from Northampton County Court. Claimant is Lowell Portfolio and Address for sending docs is BW Legal based in Leeds. The claim is made up of Amount Claimed £625, Court Fee £55 and Solicitors Costs £70.

Particulars of claim,

The Claimant's claim is for the sum of £750. The Defendant entered into agreements with the numerous original creditors (full particulars of which will be served upon the Defendant under separate cover) pursuant to which the Defendant agreed to pay the original creditors for services and/or facilities provided to the Defendant.

The Defendant has breached its contractual payment obligations pursuant to the terms of the Agreements, in respect of which the original creditors have notified the Defendant of the breach and made demand for payment.

The sums became payable in full following service of a default notice by the original creditors on various dates and this being unsatisfied by the Defendant. Despite demand having being served upon the Defendant, the Defendant has failed to settle his/her outstanding liabilities.

This is the first time I have had to deal with anything like this and I would appreciate some help in defending this claim.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ack it online via the mcol site after registering

defend all

untick jurisdiction box

has he had

a default notice

notice of assignment

if not send the CPR 31:14 doc

and a CCA request to BW legal ASAP.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

33 days in total. 5 deemed served, 14 to acknowledge and 14 to submit defence. CPR 31.14 to claimants sols for all the docs they are relying on, and according to their poc theres one hell of a lot of them:-). Have a read of cpr 16.5

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I would hold with the CCA request :-

" The Defendant entered into agreements with the numerous original creditors (full particulars of which will be served upon the Defendant under separate cover)

Wait until you get their further particulars...a CCA request only covers one agreement.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

oh yes! the devil is in the details.

merging debts too huh

this could be fun

didn't see that.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Quite DX....

Filing separate particulars of claim

CPR 5.2

(1) Subject to the sub-paragraphs below, the claimant may serve and file particulars of claim separately from the claim form but the claimant must in the claim form

(a) state that the particulars of claim will follow; and

(b) include a brief summary of the claim.

(2) Where the claimant serves the particulars of claim separately from the claim form pursuant to sub-paragraph (1), the claimant must –

(a) serve the particulars of claim in accordance with rule 7.4(1)(b); and

(b) file a certificate of service in form N215 at the Centre within 14 days of service of the particulars of claim on the defendant.

(3) The claimant must file the particulars of claim at the court to which the proceedings are transferred under paragraph 1.3(2)(e) within 7 days of service of the notice of transfer.

(4) Where the proceedings are not transferred under paragraph 1.3(2)(e) and remain at the Centre, the claimant is not required to file the particulars of claim unless ordered to do so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So its various creditors/agreements being one only....Vanquis £488.14?

Claim is £750.....have you another upload?

Andy

So why are they claiming £750...if you add the court fees and sols fees does that equate to £750?

in their original poc they say claim 625, court fee 55 solicitors cost 70 which was typed up:???:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

So why are they claiming £750...if you add the court fees and sols fees does that equate to £750?

in their original poc they say claim 625, court fee 55 solicitors cost 70 which was typed up:???:

Right so £750...but only one creditor so further particulars were not required in addition to the claim form....morons.

Now send the CCA/CPR requests ....on your CCA request it is vital to head it " I do not acknowledge any debt with your company"

May also be worth checking with the court if they have:-

(b) file a certificate of service in form N215 at the Centre within 14 days of service of the particulars of claim on the defendant.

Regards

Andy

No it wont be on MCOL you would have to ring Northampton...its no rush but may be something we can use later on.

Keep your eye on the date for submitting your defence.

Andy

Take a look around other Lowell threads Blond I have drafted numerous defences that you can edit to suit.

Regards

Andy